8.

Friendship

Taeyeon's POV

Eversince the hospital incident. Jessica and I were been close that before. I always hang out in their house every weekends and accompany her to the hospital. She's going to school but she quit playing soccer so she have much free time so we're hanging out in the places where we want to go.

I felt guilty when I learned that she and Suho aren't dating. I was jealous to her all the time when she isn't dating him. It's kinda immature to others but she said it's okay. She introduce me to Suho and eventually we've became friends. I know him because he's my classmate but we didn't talk to each other since he's always with his friends or with Jessica.

"So what's your plan this weekend?" I ask. She took a sip on her bubble tea and "I don't have any, but there's some place that I want to visit"

I tilt my head and gave her a confused look "Where?" she smile at me "I want to go to Han River" 

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Why do you want to go to the Han River?" I ask. She turn away from me and look at the glass window. Thinking about my question and after a few moments she speak up "Because, I want to see the scenery of Han River and I want to calm my mind" she smile at me after that. I know there's so many things that bothering on her. Her condition is getting worse and the doctor said that they couldn't find a heart donor. I know this is hard for her, fighting her illness, beside of that I still admire her. She can smile when she can't.

So I decided to grant her wish "You want to go with me to the Han River, this saturday?" I ask. I saw her eyes twinkle and she smile widely "Really? You will take me there?"

I nod as an answer. Still, her smile didn't fade away "Sure. Thank you Taeng" she said. Her smile are warm and it keeps me smile too. I will surely miss her smile.

 

When the weekends are arrived. We go to the Han River by 4pm where the sun isn't irritating to our skin. We sat down on the grass as she look to the Han River "Taeng" she said in a calm voice. I look at her "Yes?"

She is still looking at the river "What is happiness for you?" happiness? What is happiness for me? 

"To be honest, I don't know. I am still looking for happiness like people do, I guess I am a sad person deep inside?" she nod her head as if she's convinced in my answer. Then she speak up "For me, happiness is the person who are still by my side. Like you, you, Jun Myeon and my family are my happiness. You're still by my side even though I am dying. You made me feel that I am not a burden and encourage me to hang on. To fight this illness of mine.." she paused. I saw that there's something in her eyes. I don't know what should I feel for but I felt crying.

I heard her sob "But Taeyeon, I am still scared. I am scared" I hug her as her tears falling down to her cheeks. I felt mine and we stay like that for hours as the sun setting down.

I break in the hug and raise my pinky while there's a tear on my cheeks "Promise me... Promise Jessica that you will fight your illness and you will be perfectly fine. We will be together forever until we got older." I said and she smile at me sheepishly. She raised her pink and intertwined to mine as she promise "I promise" and we smile to each other while looking at the river whose turning orange because of the sunset.

But there's something into me, why do I feel that I won't be able to see Jessica anymore? 

Please don't let my thoughts happen.

 

Jessica's POV

We made a promise under the sunset. It was so warm and refreshing. But my heart isn't calm. I felt guilty because I promise that I will be at Taeyeon until we got old  but the truth is I won't be able to her anymore. Maybe later, tomorrow, or sooner. I tried to fought back to my illness but my body is tired also my mind and heart. I am too tired. My faith is starting to lose. I am tired to see my worried faces of my family and friends, I am tired to see Taeyeon's worried face. I know even though she's smiling at me, she's sad for me and worrying. I appreciate it though but still.

I am too tired to see Suho, he's giving me an advice and make me laugh but really, same with Taeyeon. I know he's worried for me. And I am too tired to drink my medicines and pain killers because I know it won't cure my heart. They said a heart transplant is the only chance for me to survive but unfortunately they couldn't find a heart donor that will match on me. My fathers using our rich for the doctors to able to cure me but I think father's wasting his money. My mother takes care of me but I know she's tired to me. That's why when my heart felt an excruating pain, I didn't let to show them because I don't want them to be worried. Krystal is trying her best to make me smile but I know, same as the others, she's worried on me.

As the night came fall, we go back to our homes "See you tomorrow" Taeyeon said as she wave her goodbye on me. I smile and wave her back. When I am nearby at our door, I felt my chest burning again. An excruciating pain tearing up my chest. "Unnie!" I heard Krystal's voice as she came closer to me. "Hang on, i'll call umma and appa" she said as she open the door and call our parents.

The pain increased greater and I couldn't take it anymore.

I am sorry everyone.

I am sorry Taeyeon for making you a promise. I guess promise is meant to be broken.

**

A/N: Hi Guise :)) I have a 26 subbies as well as 5 votes ~ Yehet~ thank you everyone for reading this story of mine. And sorry for the lame chapter. To be honest, I cried a han river on making this chapter. Yes! Mission success! XDD My goal in this story is to make myself cry in my own story and that's it. I am weird XDD Thank you for reading and enjoy :))  

PS: Sorry for my wrong grammar also for my english OTL