11.

Friendship

Jessica's POV

It's been two weeks since I heard the good news, my mom and dad ask the doctor to test me if I am suitable for the heart and fortunately, I've passed. Before they go under a heart transplant, the patient need to go under physical, emotional, and psychological examination to ensure the patient is fine. I passed those examination and I am happy for that.

Even the joy that I felt right now, there's something still missing. I look out in the window and thinking of Taeyeon. I don't see her anymore and she didn't came up in the hospital. Also, I am still wondering about the dream that I dreamed on my birthday.

Did she really leave? But where? And why? What is this gift that she is talking about?

"Are you thinking about Taeyeon, Unnie?" Krystal ask. I nod my head as an answer and let out a sigh "Yeah, she didn't go here in the hospital to visit me which I find very unusual and I can't contact her as well as her parents" I said. She didn't able to speak up and she kept quiet. I look at her and I sense that she is hiding something from me.

"Krystal, do you know Taeyeon's wherebouts?" I ask. She immediately shook her head and turn her gaze away from me, indicating that she is lying. I was about to ask her again when a knock interupt me. The door's show the doctor and my parents "Jessica, you can have a surgery now" they said. I felt happy as I heard the doctor. Omo! This is the chance that I have waiting for. I silently prayed.

My parents came closer to me as well as Krystal and they held my hand "Please be strong on your operation, Jessica" dad cheers me as he kissed my forehead. I smile "I will"

Then Krystal do a ajja-pose "Unnie, Fighting!" I smiled at her and ruffle her hair "I will"

"Sweetie, You can do it" My mom said. "I will mom and I love you both of you" I said as they hugged me tightly. I am hoping this operation will be successful.

 

I was lying down in the operating table and there were a lot's of doctors and nurses surround on me as well as Jun Myeon's father, Dr. Kim. "Are ready Jessica?" he ask and I nod as an answer. I see a curve on his eyes so I know that he smile "You can do it okay?" I nod "And my son's said that he wants to be your boyfriend if this operation will be successful" he said and I felt my cheeks turn red as tomatoes "Dr. Kim!"

He chuckle "Arraseo, arraseo. Ready?"

"Ready" I closed my eyes and pray to God hoping that everything will be alright if I wake up.

 

--

 

If you ask me who is Kim Taeyeon in my life, well she is my one and only best friend. She is warm and like a sunshine that gives light towards to my dark life. She is the one who makes me smile and she is the one who made me realize that life is something that you have to cherish it, because life is too short to deal with negative things.

I remember that day when I woke up after the successful operation of the heart transplant.

Flashback

I woke up with the warm of the sun's light and I saw the teary eyes of my family, Jun Myeon and Taeyeon's family. Wait.. where's Taeyeon and what are her family's doing here?

"Omona! Jessica! Congratulations!" They said as they were crying towards to me. Ehh? Did my operation became successful? I thank them. "Jessica" Mrs. Kim's called me. "Mrs. Kim! Glad to see you! Where's Taeyeon? She didn't come here in the hospital lately" I ask. They just stared at me. Mrs. Kim come closer to me and hugged me tightly which I find weird. Usually she didn't hug me like this. She cried out in my shoulder "W-what happened Mrs. Kim? Is there something wrong?" I ask. 

She shook her head "Jessica, please take care of your heart like Taeyeon said before she died" I felt like I've been deaf when I heard what Mrs. Kim said. Taeyeon...died?

"W-what?! T-taeyeon.. Taeyeon died?!" she nod her head while there's a tears in her eyes "Yes, do you remember the day you call me and you said that Taeyeon didn't show up here?" I nod and she continue "That day, Taeyeon's got into an accident while coming back here in Seoul. The bus where she rode hit by a ten wheeler truck. Since she was sitting nearby the driver, she got a gravious scars and injuries. She was greatly damaged and died on an instant. When she was bring in the hospital, she died on the spot. The doctor said that she was holding an organ-donation card and they were ask us if we were willing to donate her heart. We said yes so Taeyeon donate her heart for you" she said. I cried when I heard those words. Taeyeon died and donate her heart for me. 

I hold my chest and I feel Taeyeon's heart. It was alive and beating healthy. It was full of love unlike my broken heart who are full of sadness. Her heart was warm. Even though Taeyeon's not here anymore in this world, I feel her presence. Inside my heart. I feel like Taeyeon and I become one. The sun's light shine over me and it was so warm.

Suddenly I remember the dream that I dreamed on my birthday. Is this the gift that she was talking about? 

I look up in the window and I saw the beautiful skies waving over me. Thank you Taeyeon, thank you for being part of my life. Whenever you are, you will always be in my heart, forever. I will treasure and take care the gift that you gave to me like what you've said. I hope you are in God's arms and taking care of you.

Before Mr and Mrs. Kim go, they gave Taeyeon's journal for me. I read her journal's entry.

Entry 1

I was jealous of Jessica because she didn't tell me that she and Suho are dating. It's hurts but its okay if they really love each other. But there's something on her. I think she has a problem but she didn't tell on me. Waeyo Sica? Why won't you tell me? I am your best friend remember?

Entry 2

Finally we've make each other and we were okay now. She said that she and Suho aren't dating. They are just friends. You know what, I actually felt guilty because I was envious of her when there weren't have to be jealous. It's kinda childish. Jessica didn't open up her problems to me but I am still waiting.

Entry 3

Jessica's got into the hospital and Suho said that she was suffering from a heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (just google it if you want to know). I didn't know about that. She never tell. I felt sad for her but I know I can't do anything at all. But one thing is for sure that I can do for her, it was to stay in her side until her last breath. That's what a friend can do right? To be at her side.

Entry 4

Today we go to the Han River because Jessica's like it. When I was staring at her, I know she has thinking many things and she is sad deep inside. I want to make her happy but I can't. I made her promise under the sunset when I know that promise are ment to be broken. Sometimes, I think people are stubborn because they knew the truth but they didn't want to believe or think about it. I was like that. I wish I could do something for Jessica to ease her pain.

Entry 5

I dreamed last night and it was so bad. In my dream I was hit by a car accident and it was gravious. I died on an instant. I know dreams are way too opposite in the reality but I sense that my dream will be happen. Ohh I wish it wouldn't happen but if so, if my mother reads my diary, I am donating my heart for Jessica. It will be my last wish. 

Entry 6

I feel weird because whenever I wave my hand and saying goodbye to Jessica. I feel that we weren't be able to see each other anymore just like I felt when I was in Han River with her. Am I just paranoid?

Entry 7

Suho and I were planning to give some memorable gifts for Jessica since her birthday is getting nearer. I was planning to give my journal to her. I want to let her know my toughts and feelings before she go.

Entry 8

Today is April 17 and tomorrow will be Jessica's birthday. I want to say Happy Birthday Jessica Jung, my one and only best friend. Thank you for being a good friend even though you are cold and snobbish at times. Thank you for being at my side whenever I have a problems. You always here whenever I want someone who will listen to my giberish. I enjoy being with you and I was happy that you accept me for who I am as well as for me. You will always be my heart and I really love you.

I love you Jessica Jung, my chingu-yah.

My tears drop as I finished reading Taeyeon's journal. I hug it as if she was here. I love you too, Taeyeon. Thank you for being my best friend. I won't ever forget you.

End of Flashback

That day I started to go to Taeyeon's tomb and prayed for her. It was 10 years since she died and gave her wonderful gift to me. Since then, I always do soccer and boxing. I go to singing competition wherein Taeyeon's like to do. I do the things we usually do and she wanted to do. I finished college major in engineering. I wrote the story of me and Taeyeon because I want to inspire people especially for those people who are suffer in a disease.

At first I don't know why God take Taeyeon when I am the one who are suffering but I realized that everything thing has a reason. Don't judge God's plan and go with the flow. Don't ask God why if there are big challenges in your life instead, ask what. What are you gonna do in order to surpass your problems. God has a good plans for you if you believe in him. 

I think this is what God's plan for me. The old Jessica is too shy and cold. People are intimidate with my looks and branded me as 'Ice Princess' in my school but then I change. I tried to smile and approach people. I gained a lot of friends but even though I have many friends, there is one and only best friend for me. It was Kim Taeyeon.

She was the total opposite of me but we become best friends. I think the reason God chose Taeyeon for me as best friend because he knew that she can be with me even though we are opposite.

"Yeobo, let's go now. It's gonna rain now" Jun Myeon said and I held his hand. He smile at me and we go to his car. Yeah, he's my husband now. We've date for 4 years and we are married for 6 years. He is nice, sweet, caring, understanding, and gentleman. An every girl's dream. He's my prince charming even though he has a flaws. He is a doctor now just like his father and he told me the reason why he stay beside me because he remember his older sister. Who died just like my disease. He and her sister is in good relationship but they aren't that much close. He was too young when her sister died and he regret it that he didn't spend time with her sister in her remaining days.

I know he is Taeyeon's apple of the eye but I guess life is full of surprises. Yesterday was history, tomorrow was a mystery and today is a gift. Which is why I spend my time doing things that I like and of course for my family.

Taeyeon... I hope you are happy in God's arm. Thank you for everything.

- End