6.

Friendship

Jessica's POV

It's been two months since Taeyeon and I had arguement. I didn't bother to make her up because I decided not to be friends with Taeyeon anymore. It's not like I want to but I don't want to hurt her or make her sad because I am dying with my illness. Also, I always see her with a group of girls hanging out on her. New friends I guess. I admit that I am jealous of her new friends. If you ask me if I miss her? Yes. Very much. 

I miss those days we spend our quality time to each other like hanging out with the places we want to go, eat some delicious food and checking the latest fashion. Also, I miss how we tell to each other our crushes or love problems. I really miss my best friend but I have to stand what I decided and finish what I started.

As for now, I am focusing in soccer. Yeah, I am still playing soccer even if I have a medical condition. My family nor my teamates don't know about it, only Jun Myeon.

Speaking of Jun Myeon, I've always see him in the school also in the hospital where I got a treament and where his father works. We've became friends and he's the one who knows my illness aside from my family. I always remember what he always saying 'You're friends with me but to your best friend, you didn't bother to make up to her. You always saying to me that you didn't want her to be sad but think about my feelings when you're gone? It will be the same as Taeyeon if you die. You are quite selfish hmm?' Those things pierced in my heart, and I know he is right.

I am selfish. Really selfish.

And those couple of months, I am thinking if I will make up on her or not. I want to make up on her but there's still a fear inside me. 

"Jessica! It's your turn!" a voice shouted on me and it was one of my teamate. We are currently practicing the soccer for the big game tomorrow. "I-iam sorry! I spaced out!" then I kick the ball in the goal post.

After the practice my coach approach and talk to me "Lately, I've notice that you aren't focusing the game. Is there anything bothering you?" she ask. I shook my head "No, it's just I am little tired but I can manage"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I am fine coach don't worry" I assured her. 

I hope that I am fine but I am not.

 

When the big game arrive, my coach and my teamate are excited and of course, anxious. As well as for me. My doctor said that too much nervousness can affect my heart beat but I don't care. This is what I feel. We are at the changing room. One of my teammates notice me "Hey Jessi, you look pale today. Are you okay?"

I nod my head "Yeah, I am fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah don't worry, just a little bit nervous"

Then my coach came inside in changing room and wish us a luck on the game. "Good luck ladies. Play fair and square, remember my advice, honesty is the best policy and enjoy playing as your heart content. Go ladies! Fighting!" she put her hand down and smile at us, waiting at our hands. Each of us put a hand above and shout our school's name.

Before I play, I make sure that I drink up all my medicines in case my chest burn during the game and prayed that nothings gonna be bad for today. 

 

I was playing in the soccer field of our school, trying to beat our school's opponent. When I slide down to kick the ball, I felt my chest burning. It was palpitating. I slump in the grass and the opponent got the ball aiming the goal post. My teammates take a glance on me, I know what were thinking 'What are you doing?! Beat the douchebags!'

I tried to stand up and endure the pain. I have to win no matter what. I play at the game fair and square and play as my heart content. After the goal, the whole stadium roared as they shout our school. We won! We actually won!

As we go to the bench and enjoying the victory. I felt my chest burning again but it wasn't the same during the play. I felt an excruciating pain as my heart palpitate. There's a cold sweat on my forehead and my vision's getting blurier. I can't breathe. 

"Jessica! Are you okay?!"

"God! She's sweating like hell!"

"Coach! There's something wrong with Jessica!"

I don't know whose talking but there are a bunch of voice until my sight turn dark. 

 

Taeyeon's POV

"Hey let's watch soccer game! Taeyeon" Tiffany said as Sooyoung agrees. I don't like to watch soccer game for now because I know Jessica will be playing behalf of our school. So I said that I didn't like it but they drag me until I realized that I was in the stadium.

I just grant my friends wish and watch the game. The game was so intense and I felt the audience was anxious too. My friends cheering our school but I didn't join them. My attention was into Jessica. I felt that somethings wrong with her.

She's really a different person when playing soccer and that's the thing that I admired from her. Lose isn't in her vocabulary and she will do her best in playing.

In the couple of months, I didn't bother to make up on her nor she did. I felt guilty but jealousy took control me. I always saw Suho and Jessica hanging out. I am still mad at her. She didn't tell me that she likes Suho too and date him. Yeah, I am jealous at her, wishing that I was the girlfriend of Suho. Everybody in our school knows that Suho and Jessica are dating but they didn't react about the rumours. Despite of my jealousy for Jessica, I admit that I miss her. I miss hanging out with her and laughing all the things we do.

My sense are back when I heard the audience then I shift my focus on Jessica. She's slumping on the grass. What's happening on her?! Did some hit her while trying to get the ball on the goal post?! 

I feel relief when she stand up and continue playing the soccer but I know something isn't right. Until I realized that the audience roared on the stadium as they chanting our school's name. They won.

Her group enjoying the victory until Jessica collapse. OMG! What happened on her?! They lift her on the bench and waiting for the paramedics. I immediately go down to the stadium and I saw Suho is going to her also.

In a few minutes, the paramedics has been arrived and bring Jessica's to the hospital "I am going also. I am a friend also I am the son of Dr. Kim of Cardio Ward" then he go in the ambulance. He turn around on me "Taeyeon! Come!" I followed him. I watch her as the people in the ambulance take care of her.

"Suho, what's happening on her?" I ask. He just smile at me "I'll tell you soon"

We arrive at the hospital and they took her in the emergency room. Suho goes down to the stairs to call her parents as I sat down on the chair and waiting for the result. Please, God. Don't let anything bad happens on her.

After a few minutes and her parents came rushing towards from me "What happened?! What happened on her?! Where is she?!" Mr. Jung said. I look down "Jessica's collapse after playing the soccer"

"What?! Soccer?!" Mrs. Jung reacted as she slump on the chair and cry. I don't know why are they reacting like that. I mean, I knew that they let her play but it seems strange for me.

"Taeyeon" I turn around and I saw Suho. "Can we talk?"

**

A/N: Hello guise! Thank you guise for reading especially to my 18 subbies! Yay~ Didn't expect for that. So happy :)) Btw, sorry for my english coz y'know english isn't my first languange. Thank you :))