7.

Friendship

Taeyeon's POV

I am standing in front of Suho waiting for him to say anything on me. We are at the hospital's garden and the warm breeze touch my skin because spring's are here. "I am not suppose to say this but I can't take it anymore" ehh? What does he mean?

I heard he breathe deeply and let it out "Taeyeon, do you know the reason why Jessica's avoiding you for the past couple of months? Nor did she make up on you?" he ask. I shook my head. I have no idea why is she avoiding me all this time.

"But did you know that Jessica has an illness?" my eyes widened as I shook my head "Suho, can you just go straight to the point"

"Jessica has a heart disease. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy to be exact wherein the walls of her heart got thickened and the most disease that usually athletes are suffering from. And there isn't option but to take heart transplant." I gasped as I heard the truth from him. Is this the reason why Jessica's avoiding me all the time? But why? 

"I... I didn't know" those words are the one I managed to speak up. He laugh sadly "Yeah, you don't know because she didn't want you to let know about her illness."

I blink twice because I felt my tears are gonna roll down to my cheeks "W-why did she do that?"

"Because she said, she didn't want to hurt you or make you sad. She thinks that it might be burdensome for you so she kept quiet about it" that's why.. but she isn't a burden to me. She will never be.

"Why are you saying this?" I ask. He smile at me "Because, I know you are the one who can make her smile inspite of her illness. You're the one who gave her happiness aside from her family. Also.." he pause and look up in the sky "I don't want you to end up the same situation as me" he smile at the sky, a smile that I never seen to him before. A broken smile perhaps.

 

Jessica's POV

As I woke up I saw my family, they are worried for me "Why? Why didn't you tell us that you're still playing soccer?" my mother ask. I just look down "I am sorry mom"

"Don't you know that you might die if you will still continue playing?!" my dad reacted. "I am so sorry dad" I felt sorry to my family, they still keep hoping that I will survive from this illness of mine but me? Im lying and pushing away the people who loves me including Taeyeon. I am always thinking, what's the point of getting medication when you will die in the end?

I am selfish.

"You're going to quit from that soccer game, understand?" my dad declared. "What?! But dad--" I protest as he cut me down "No buts, take the advice of your doctor Jessica" I sighed. There's no point arguing to my dad so I let him "Can I still go to school?" I asked. School is my second home for me even though I don't have any friends from school. There are many things that I want to learn.

"You may. But remember, don't make yourself stress from school okay?" I smile at them "Thank you dad" 

I heard a jolt knock so Krystal open it and to my surprise "What are you doing here?!" I said as my eyes widened. It was Taeyeon, standing in front of me while tears are rushing down from her cheeks. On the other hand, Jun Myeon was standing behind her.

"I think you two should talk" mom said as they storm off outside. Taeyeon come to my side "Why? Why didn't you tell me that you have a sick?!" Taeyeon said while wiping down her tears. No words come in my mouth. I didn't know what to tell.

"You are not burdensome to me! You always know that!" she said. I turn my gaze away. I didn't want her to see me in this situation. Getting weaker in front of her.

She held my hand "Please, let me be by your side, Sica" I was shock when she say those words. I never felt so guilty in my life. I realize that I am coward. I am trying to face these challenges alone and pushing away the people who are willing to help me and be my side to be not alone. I can't help but my tears rolling down to my cheeks.

I am selfish.

I decided that I won't be crying anymore and I won't push the people who are precious to me. I will took Jun Myeon's advice. I'll cherish and enjoy the moment to the people whom I love. I won't be selfish anymore.

I hold up her hand too and smile at her "Yes you may. I won't pushing you away anymore, you pabo ~" we laugh together as our tears are still in our eyes. I miss her. I miss Taeyeon so much and I am glad that we are in good terms right now.

God, please grant me strength to face this challenge.

**

A/N: Hi guise :)) Thank you for reading especially to my 23 subbies~! Yehet ~ *^O^* Sorry for my english and enjoy reading :))