Chapter 19-Engagement Party

What is Love

Today was the day of the engagement party. After wearing my denim short overalls with a white crop top under it, I I brushed my hair bringing it to one side then wore my sandals.

 

I zipped up my bag that had my dress and everything for the engagement party then grabbed my sunny hat and sunglasses before heading downstairs to the car.

 
We put our bags in the trunk then Luhan and I sat at the back seats while Mr. Lu sat on the driver's seat and Mrs. Lu on the passenger seat.
 
I took a deep breath as Mr. Lu started driving. I can do this, it's just one day. I can handle being on a ship for one day.
 
As I was playing on my phone I felt Luhan leaning his head on my shoulder. I looked over at him and saw that his eyes were closed.
 
"Yah!" I whispered "get off!"
 
He wouldn't move and held my arm to stay close to me. I chuckled at him before going back to playing on my phone and from the corner of my eye I could see his smirk. 
 
I hit him playfully on his arm "Jerk" I chuckled.
 
When we reached where the ship was docked Mr. Lu parked the car and we got off taking our bags from the trunk.
 
I looked at the huge ship then at the sea. Ugh just the smell makes my stomach hurt.
 
Luhan noticed my nervous expression so he held his bag in one hand then held my hand interlocking our fingers together with his other hand.
 
I looked up at him and saw him giving me a slight smile squeezing my hand indicating that everything will be okay. It somehow made me feel a little relieved.
 
"Here is the key to your room" Mr. Lu gave us the key as soon as we got on the ship.
 
"Where is the other one?" Luhan asked.
 
"Oh there is no other one" Mrs. Lu replied "you'll both be sharing a room"
 
"What?!" I looked at them surprised "are there no other rooms available?"
 
"There are, but we wanted you to get used to the feeling of sharing a room since you'll be sharing a room once you're married, plus it's only gonna be one day so you'll have nothing to lose"
 
"Fine..." I sighed grabbing my bag and heading to the room.
 
I threw my bag at the corner of the room then jumped on the bed lying on my stomach "ahhh this feels good"
 
At least I'm less scared in the room than on the deck where I can see the water.
 
"Hey" Luhan said entering the room.
 
"Hey" I mumbled my eyes closed.
 
"How are you feeling?"
 
"Great" I said sarcastically.
 
"Really?" He sat next to me on the bed.
 
"Ugh, no" I sat up straight "I'm lucky I didn't throw up until now"
 
My response made him chuckle.
 
"Yah I'm serious"
 
"Get some rest then, the party starts after 5 hours" he said before leaving the room.
 
I woke up from my 3 hour nap feeling better than before then decided to get ready.
 
The bathroom door open and Luhan walked out wearing nothing but a towel on his waist with his hair all wet.
 
"Oh you're up" he smiled.
 
"Y-yeah, I w-was just g-gonna take a shower" damn why do I have to stutter.
 
"I forgot to tell you, there will be photographers at the party so we will have our pictures taken, my parents wanted to make it official that we are engaged" he said.
 
"Are they gonna like put it on the news or something?"
 
"Yeah I guess"
 
"Let's just hope I don't trip and fall in front of them" I laughed before going into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.
 
I washed my hair and body then dried it with a towel before wearing my robe and walking out of the bathroom.
 
I started doing my hair first, giving it some loose curls then did my makeup.
 
After I was done I threw on the dress and red high heels.
 
"Are you rea-" Luhan walked into the room in his tuxedo looking at me with wide eyes speechless "woah, you look stunning"
 
"Thanks" I smiled shyly "You too"
 
"Turn around and hold your hair up" he said.
 
"Why? I asked and did as he said.
 
I felt him put something around my neck. I put my hair back down and looked at myself in the mirror. It was a beautiful necklace; I looked at Luhan with a surprised expression.
 
"It's a present I got for you when I went to pick up our rings" he smiled "oh I almost forgot"
 
He got out a small box from his pocket. He took out my ring and held my hand out putting the ring on my finger "there, now you're ready"
 
"Thank you" I smiled.
 
"For what?"
 
"For everything"
 
"We should go, they are probably waiting for us" he took me by my hand interlocking our fingers together as we headed to the party.
 
As soon as we got there, the cameras started flashing. Geez....thanks to them I might to blind.
 
"That's enough pictures for now" Mrs. Lu said to them "you can take more later"
 
"Oh my god! My baby is all grown up" my mom cried walking to our direction with dad.
 
"Mom! Dad! I missed you guys so much!" I hugged them both "I didn't know you guys would show up"
 
"Of course we would be here for you on your engagement party" my dad smiled patting my shoulder.
 
"Hi Mr. And Mrs. Lee" Luhan bowed respectively.
 
"Oh my you look so handsome" my mom complimented him "Minah-yah let me look at your beautiful ring!"
 
"If you'll excuse me" Luhan said.
 
"Where are you going?" I asked.
 
"I have something to do" he said before leaving. I watched him as he went to Hyuna's direction. I can't believe he's going to that , whatever I'll just act as if I don't care.
 
After having a little chat with my parents I went to get a drink where someone pulled me by my arm before I could get to the table. I turned around to see who it was.
 
"Oh hey Woohyun oppa" I smiled.
 
"Hey Minah, you look beautiful" he complimented me.
 
"Thanks" I flashed a smile "you don't look bad yourself"
 
"I thought you were scared of water, how could you be on a ship?"
 
"Yeah on the outside I seem fine but trust me  I'm literally dying on the inside" I chuckled.
 
"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked.
 
"Sure, is something wrong?"
 
"Let's go to a more private place" he took me by the arm to a hallway where there were no people. 
 
"So, what do you wanna talk ab-" before I could complete he grabbed me by the back of my neck pushing me closer to him crashing our lips together.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sorry for the late update! ^^ I haven't been getting a lot of comments lately so I really would appreciate it if you guys would comment more :) don't forget to subscribe and upvote! 
 
P.S: Check out the trailer of this fanfic I put in the forward ^^