Chapter 16-Confession

What is Love

We slowly broke the kiss and gazed into each other's eyes. We were both a bit breathless and out of words.

"Luhan!" Hyuna called from the living room "have you seen my phone? I left it on the couch"
 
 Luhan's gaze shifted from my eyes to the direction of the living room then back to me. 
 
"S-sorry" I stuttered jumping down from the counter and running out from the kitchen to the living room where Luhan ran after me and grabbed me by my arm making me stop.
 
I looked at Hyuna then back at him "you should help your girlfriend find her phone" I said before shaking out of his grip and running up to my room locking the door behind me.
 
"Why did you have to kiss me?! Are you playing with me right now?!" I said to myself "why did you have to kiss me when you already had a girlfriend...."
 
Next morning I was awakened by my alarm. I couldn't even open my eyes from the lack of sleep from thinking all night 'Thank you Luhan'. There wasn't a day where I had a good sleep from the moment I met him.
 
I stumbled to the bathroom to get dressed then when I finished I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I poured me some milk and cereal in a bowl then sat to eat.
 
While I was eating my eyes were slowly closing and my head was bowing down slowly until it reached the table in front of me.
 
"Wait where did my cereal go?" I said coming back to my senses. I lifted my head and saw Luhan holding my cereal bowl.
 
"Careful not to put your head in the bowl" he said before returning the bowl then walking out the front door.
 
I scoffed before grabbing my bag and heading out. When I reached school I quickly took out my chemistry books and went to class.
 
As I sat on an empty seat beside a girl, from the corner of my eye I saw Luhan sitting on the seat that was beside me on the second row.
 
"Great......" I sighed. I totally forgot that I had chemistry class with him. I sat there with my hand on my cheek supporting my head while I leaned on the table and I couldn't help but think about yesterday.....whether he meant the kiss or not.
 
"Good morning class" the teacher greeted when she walked in.
 
"Good morning Mrs. Kang" the class said in unison.
 
"Today we are gonna make an experiment with some chemicals" she continued "every two students are gonna work together and I already made a list of the pairs"
 
"Please don't put me with Luhan, please don't put me with Luhan" I said in my head as I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes shut. Things are already awkward as they are so the last thing I wanna do is be paired with him.
 
"First pair are.....Luhan and Lee Minah" she said as she read the paper that was in her hand.
 
"Oh come on!" I shouted as jumped up and  stomped my feet on the floor earning stares from all the class.
 
"Sorry" I mumbled then sat back down and sunk in my seat.
 
Once she announced all the pairs, each student went to sit with his or her partner.
 
"Please wear your lab coats and protective goggles so we can start" she announced then I dozed off a little while she was explaining how to do the experiment.
 
"Yah....Minah-yah!" Luhan nudged my arm.
 
"Hm..what?" 
 
"Did you hear what the teacher said?" He asked.
 
"No....did you?"
 
"No...."
 
"Your result after mixing the other substances has to be a blue-ish substance" the teacher said.
 
"Let's just mix whatever we have until we get something blue" I said.
 
Luhan grabbed a tube of a white substance and a tube of a translucent substance "do we pour a lot or a little?" He asked.
 
"A little won't do anything let's pour a lot" I said taking the two tubes from his hand pouring them both all in an empty tube.
 
"Yah I told you to pour a little!" The teacher shouted when she saw what we did.
 
The substances that we mixed started bubbling and before I even knew it there was gas everywhere.
 
I started coughing and everything was blurry before it turned black.
 
I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in an unfamiliar room lying on a strange bed.
 
"Are you feeling okay darling?" Mrs. Lu asked while she was seated on the chair beside the bed with Mr. Lu.
 
"What happened?" I mumbled.
 
"While you were doing you're chemistry experiment you inhaled some gas that made you pass out, the doctor said its nothing serious but you'll feel a bit dizzy for a couple of hours" Mr. Lu explained "don't worry you'll be going back home tomorrow morning"
 
"Where's Luhan?" I asked.
 
"He went to the hospital cafeteria to get some food, poor thing has been sitting here with you without leaving since this morning" Mrs. Lu said.
 
"You guys can go now I'll stay with her" Luhan said walking into the room.
 
"Take care of yourselves" Mrs. Lu said before they left.
 
"Here" he said giving me a juice box before sitting on the edge of the bed.
 
"Thanks" I thanked him before sitting up then sticking the straw in and taking a sip.
 
"What time is it?" 
 
"3 PM" he answered.
 
"What?! How long have I been sleeping?"
 
"About 6 hours"
 
"Woah......anyways thanks for staying with me" I thanked him.
 
"Thanks to you we got an F in the experiment that was also a project" he scoffed.
 
"It's not like I care anyways" I chuckled before trying to get up.
 
"Need to go to the bathroom?" He asked. I nodded before he held both of my arms helping me to the bathroom.
 
After about 15 minutes of freshening up I walked out the bathroom door, my eyes landing on Hyuna who had her arms around Luhan while they sat on the couch.
 
"What's she doing her?" I snapped.
 
"Oh we were just going out" she said with a smirk.
 
My eyes went from her to Luhan "are you going to just leave me here?" I asked him and he didn't respond. "Can I please talk to Luhan alone?" 
 
"Ugh fine" she stomped her feet before leaving the room.
 
"What do you want to talk about?" He asked shoving his hands in his pocket.
 
"Why are you doing this?" I asked crossing my arms
 
"Doing what?" He looked at me confused.
 
"Why does she always show up whenever we both are together? Why do you always hang out with her whenever I'm around?!" I burst out.
 
"She's my girlfriend I have to hang out with her" he replied.
 
"Girlfriend huh?" I scoffed "I see....so that kiss yesterday meant absolutely nothing to you"
 
"I gotta go" he said opening the door.
 
"Can't you stay?" This time I couldn't stop my tears "can't you stay here with me? Do you have to go with her?
 
He stopped in his tracks looking at me with wide eyes before speaking "why do you care of I stay or go?"
 
"Because I like you okay!" I yelled while tears rolled down my cheek "I ing like you!"