Eighth

Nil Desperandum

Now stop looking at me, and start eating your food princess.”, Chanyeol said, teasing the shorter brunette. “I’m not princess.”, Baekhyun replied. “Yes you are.”, Chanyeol teased. The two of them suddenly got comfortable and the moment wasn’t as awkward as before. Baekhyun was glad that Chanyeol was not so formal and stiff.

 

Baekhyun was staring at the seaweed soup for a while and later took the spoon that was on the right side of the bowl. He scooped a little and brought it to his mouth. He took another bite then another and suddenly his eyes got teary without knowing. He choked on his food while the tears were now streaming down his flushing cheek.

 

Chanyeol who had got himself comfortable on the sofa while munching his bread was shocked when he heard Baekhyun’s choking and sobbing on his own. Chanyeol then rushed to Baekhyun’s side and gave him comforting pats on his back. However it doesn’t make Baekhyun stop, his cry was getting louder and louder every time Chanyeol said that everything was okay. In the end, Chanyeol had to remove his food from the bed table and put the table down. He sat on the edge of the bed and scooted closer to Baekhyun. He hugged Baekhyun’s by the shoulders and soothed him. After a while just Baekhyun stopped crying.

 

Chanyeol could tell the boy was no longer struggling so he checked down on him and at that moment Baekhyun was also looking up on Chanyeol. Their eyes met and they felt that somehow they found a tingle of comfort in each other eyes. They were just exchanging looks  for some while till Chanyeol broke it off by smiling so warmly to Baekhyun. Baekhyun who couldn’t resist that brightening smile, forced a smile to his still stiff face.

 

“What made you cry? Is the food that bad?”, Chanyeol asked breaking the silence in the room. Baekhyun shook his head vigorously then looked down to his hands on his lap. “Then, what is it? Don’t tell me there was something in your eyes because I’m not buying any of it.”, Chanyeol said. “I, well, uhm, I just. I mean, I haven’t eaten for almost a week and the food just, I don’t know how to say it. But I just can’t believe the fact that I can eat right now, it made so emotional. I’m sorry but I usually this kind of weird.”, Baekhyun replied in his small voice.

 

Hearing Baekhyun, Chanyeol couldn’t help but let a motherly smile appeared on his goofy face. Chanyeol patted Baekhyun’s head and chuckled. “Guess we share the same interest here. I’m weird in my own way too.”, Chanyeol said. Baekhyun just stayed still, didn’t know what to reply.

 

“Ooookay, so now, do you want continue eating?”, Chanyeol said. Baekhyun shook his head slowly. “I guess no, I feel sleepy right now.”, He answered. “Whoa? You practically had slept for about a day and you are still sleepy? You are definitely a heavy sleeper, yes?” “Uhm, no, I don’t know.”, Baekhyun answered unsurely. Chanyeol chuckled again on Baekhyun’s reply. “I’m just teasing you, you know. You can sleep whenever and as long as you want.”, Chanyeol said smiling.

 

Baekhyun then settled in his bed and was fixing his blanket when suddenly Chanyeol came up and helped him with it. “Let me.”, Chanyeol offered. Baekhyun didn’t want to argue so he simply received the attention Chanyeol was giving him. “Should I turn the light off?”, Chanyeol asked. “Yes, it would be nice. Thank you.”, Baekhyun answered then he yawned a little. Chanyeol chuckled again for the umpteenth times that day and proceeded on turning off the light. “You don’t have to be so formal Baekhyun. We’re on the same age anyway. Try to be comfortable with me.”, Chanyeol said after he had turned the light off. Baekhyun responded by only nodding against his blanket. Chanyeol then came closer to Baekhyun’s bed and mumbled a ‘goodnight’ then turned the table-lamp off. He himself went back to the oh-so-comfortable sofa to sleep.

 


 

In the morning, Yifan and Luhan had come to check upon Baekhyun and Chanyeol after getting the report that Baekhyun had come to consciousness that night. Yixing arrived a little bit later than the two, while Jongin came almost in the noon. Even when Jongin had got there, Baekhyun didn’t even stir a bit from his sleep.

 

“Are you sure he had woken up last night?”, Luhan asked. Chanyeol rolled his eyes playfully and said, “Of course. Why are you guys judging me with that looks?” “No, it’s just, his position is the same as the day he was brought here.”, Jongin said. Chanyeol groaned, he didn’t even know why he had that kind of argument with them.

 

That day, Chanyeol finally agreed to exchange his shift. He was forced to go home because he really looked very worn out and his co-workers insisted that he needed a good sleep. Yifan and Yixing then decided to replace Chanyeol, and though Chanyeol really wanted to stay, he couldn’t ignore the fact that he was quite sticky and so damn tired.

 


 

It felt like he had been gone for a whole year hiking to Himalayan Mountains because when he entered his house, he didn’t even bother to take a bath but directly lied on his bed. Not even a minute passed, he already had fallen into deep slumber. He didn’t know what made him so tired, but somehow really missed his fluffy and comfy bed sheets.

 

At almost 3am and Chanyeol finally had awaken. He looked around the room and realized that he was in his own bedroom. At first he wanted to continue exploring his dreamland but he really needed to take a bath. With all the strength he had left, he made his way to the bathroom and took a very long hot shower.

 

He came out from the shower an hour later and while waiting for his hair to dry he went to the living room and turned the TV on. There was a drama playing about doctor or sort of, Chanyeol didn’t quite understand the story but continue to watch anyway. When a young man in a hospital bed scene came on, he suddenly remembered Baekhyun. He then walked to his bedroom and searched for his phone.

 

When he unlocked his phone, he got panic. There were 30 miscalls and more than 20 messages from Yifan. He saw that the last miscall was at 3:46 and he called Yifan back almost immediately. Chanyeol was very alarmed when Yifan didn’t straight answer his phone. He tried calling him again and at the second tone, the phone was picked up on the other line. “Hello? Chanyeol?”, Yifan sounded so tired. “Yifan? What happened?”, Chanyeol asked completely oblivious to what the matter was. “Uhm, I know that this is your rest time. But Baekhyun is a bit of perplexed right now. He was freaked out when he saw me, and it worsen when the nurses and doctors came, he kept screaming and hitting them. He keeps asking for the other man and I think that maybe he is asking for you. So, can you do me a favor and, hello? Chanyeol? Are you still with me? Hello?,” Yifan voice could be heard through Chanyeol’s phone speaker, but Chanyeol was long gone when he heard ‘Baekhyun’ and ‘freaked out’. His phone was left on the bed while the owner had pulled his car out of his driveway and with a full speed reaching for the hospital.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► okay guys, sorry for the tardiness. school has been over 2 weeks ago but i just couldn't find a time to write again. and since the baek scandal, its kind of hard for me to write about chanbaek. though, i will never give up on chanbaek, not bcs i want them to be real, but chanbaek is really the reason of my happiness along with kaisoo and taoris. it saddens me about everything that is happening to exo rn. i just hope they are alright, although at first i was very mad and dissapointed, and now i'm still feeling a little bit upset, but im just fans. i live in this fantasy of my idol. lol. stay strong exostans especially baek stans and kris stans. i love you guys.

or anyone who want to chat with me, just follow me on twitter @summercookies02, i really want to make friend with you guys. love yall.

enjoy this chapter sweethearts ^^ let me know if there are some mistakes or if you don't understand some things here, just comment. i really like to read the comments, i love it even.

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.