Second

Nil Desperandum

 

Baekhyun walked down the corridor and headed to his class. With his friend Tao and Sehun on his sides, they went through the crowded hallway. "Well, see you later guys. Make sure that we have lunch together today.", say Sehun as he went into the history class. Baekhyun and Tao waved their hands to bid goodbye to Sehun and continued their way.

 

Tao and Baekhyun went into the mathematic class and take seats beside each other. "Okay class, now open your book, pay attention to the board or on me, don't day dreaming, don't chatting, don't sleeping, don't eating, don't playing, don't don't don't.", said Mr. Kim as he enter the classroom. The same old sentence that he always said as he started the session. Baekhyun and Tao looked at each other and made mocking faces before rolled their eyes back to the teacher. "And I'm adding one more, don’t comment!", say Mr. Kim as he saw Baekhyun and Tao were making fun of his session introduction. Baekhyun and Tao could only smile seeing how sensitive their teacher was.

 

An hour of math class, Baekhyun was starting to get bored. He looked at the board and tried avoiding eye contact with Mr. Kim so that Mr. Kim couldn't see his sleepy face. He wasn't really sure why the hell he had chosen math class.

 


 

Finally it was the lunch time. Everybody was rushing out from their classes and heading towards the cafetaria. Baekhyun could see everyone was just as excited as him to have a break from boring lectures. He took his feet to leave and Tao was trailing behind him.

 

They met Sehun at the cafetaria after taking their own meals. They sat on the table near the glass walls. Baekhyun loved sitting there, because he could see the school garden that full of flowers and trees. Some of the flowers were planted by Baekhyun. He was in the gardening club, and he was the president. Well, he is the president and the only member. No one was interested in plants, especially flowers. He could keep his 'club' open because he had done good job to make the school more alive and the school was thankful. So Baekhyun never worried about his 'club' to be closed.

 

He looked at all the flowers he planted and smiles to himself. Chuckling, both of Tao and Sehun snapped their fingers to tell Baekhyun that he still had a full bowl of meal which he hadn't touched at all. Baekhyun gave them an 'okay' look and started to dig his food.

 

After lunch time, the three of them went to their own classes and seperated in front of the cafetaria door. After classes and more classes, they went home together. They dropped Tao first since his house was the nearest one, then Baekhyun who got to his house and the last - of course - Sehun on his own to his house.

 

Baekhyun opened the main door and greeted by darkness. "So Joonmyun hyung hasn't come home yet.", Baekhyun spoke to himself. He put his school bag down and threw it on the couch. He made his way to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He took out a bottle of mineral water and walked back to the couch. He plopped himself down the couch and he dozed off.

 


 

"Baekhyun, wake up!", said Joonmyun as he watched the boy was sleeping in an uncomfortable position. "Hmmm?", Baekhyun managed to open his eyes and met Joonmyun’s. "Oh, you've come back.", Baekhyun muttered as he was still sleepy. "Go sleep to your room, it's cold here.", said Joonmyun while pushing Baekhyun to the bathroom. "First, take a bath, then go to sleep.", said Joonmyun. "Okay, hyung.", Baekhyun said before he closed the bathroom door.

 

Baekhyun had taken a bath and it made him wide awake. He was lying on his bed and staring blankly at the ceiling. He heard the door knocked and he knew who it was. "Come on in, why do you bother knocking?", Baekhyun said as he sat up. "I thought you might be asleep.", Joonmyun said as he opened the door and stepped inside. "Not after the bath.", Baekhyun said and motioned Joonmyun to sit in the other edge of the bed. Joonmyun walked to the bed and sat on the spot Baekhyun had motioned to him. He smiled nervously before started to talk, "Baekhyun, do you still have the ring that Mr. Byun gave you a long time ago?" Baekhyun nodded and he brought his left hand up in front of Joonmyun's face. "I always wear this ring, never have i taken this ring out of my finger.", Baekhyun said. "And you always will, won't you?", Joonmyun asked. "Of course, I will always keep it in my finger. Securely.", Baekhyun replied. Joonmyun looked at Baekhyun's eyes, and that time Baekhyun just realized that Joonmyun had the same sad eyes just like the first time he met Joonmyun's eyes 7 years ago.

 

"What happened?", Baekhyun asked knowing the sad eyes all too well. "What? Nothing. Why did you ask?", Joonmyun replied. "No, I know it hyung. Just tell me. Maybe I can help. It's about my father's business, right?", Baekhyun said. "Yes, and no, you can't. You've known too much.", Joonmyun said almost in an inaudible voice. "Much? All that i know is that my father was a mafia who were betrayed by his fellow mafia, and you are his trusted man. My father was assasined and it signs that none of us will be safe. That's all that i know! I don't even know what my father had done, or what you're doing.", Baekhyun said in annoyed tone. "Please, just tell me. I need to know too.", Baekhyun continued with a calmer tone.

 

Joonmyun just kept watching Baekhyun eyes only to found scare in Baekhyun eyes. "I'm afraid they'll hurt you, or me.", Baekhyun said softly. Joonmyun placed his hands on Baekhyun's shoulder and said, "You'll be safe if you don't know more." Baekhyun tried to speak again but Joonmyun quickly stood up and said, “Sleep now, I promise you, I’ll tell you everything when the time is right.” Joonmyun walked out of the room and Baekhyun only pouted in silence.

 


 

The next days, everything happened just like usual, Baekhyun went to school, had fun with his friends, planted new flowers, and took care of another flowers. Despite having no parents to take care of him, he was glad that he had Joonmyun. Joonmyun had taken care of Baekhyun just like parents should do, Baekhyun himself felt that Joonmyun had been his father and mother at the same time. Baekhyun loved Joonmyun the way a child loved their parents, he thought that even in the future he would be fine without his parents, because he had Joonmyun by his side.

 

But the thought of having Joonmyun by his side till the end was heartlessly taken too. Just like the thought of marrying someone he would love with his parents there to watch and support him.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► hey guys, i present to you this update. i'm sorry to say that chanbaek's meeting won't be happening in the next 3 chapters. thank you for the support, i really really appreciate that. hope this chapter satisfies you. you can ask me everything about the chapters that i've posted that confuse you or anything, but don't ask about the next chapters story, xixi. just leave comment if you want to ask. special thank you for everyone who has visited my story. i love you.

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.