Fourth

Nil Desperandum

Chanyeol came prepared that morning, ready to start the new life in the police office. He was met by everyone’s greets and sympathy because of losing his parents one right after another. Chanyeol accepted every kindness that was shown and he somehow really proud to be his father’s son. His father was an excellent cop and everyone respected him so much.

           

Chanyeol met his team that day, the leader of trainee cops team whose had that -I’m-cool face, Yifan, the cute-looking guy, Luhan and the tan-skinned man, Jongin. He also met the Captain of the Seoul team, Yixing.

 

The welcome was great, partly because everyone recognized Chanyeol is the son of the former greatest cop. Chanyeol began to love the police job even more.

 


 

Later that day, Yifan had been called by Yixing for the information of their first task. Everybody was so nervous, Luhan couldn’t stop fidgeting in his seat because he was scared that their first task was gonna be so hard and Jongin only frozen in his place not really doing anything. Chanyeol stood by the doorway because he couldn’t wait for the task they were gonna do.

           

When Yixing’s office door opened and Yifan showed up, everyone straightened their back and watched as Yifan slowly made his way to the couch where Luhan and Jongin were. He started with a cough just to get everyone’s attention, and he continued once he noticed everyone had their gazes on the team leader anyway.

 

“Well, we’re going to do a mafia-related duty and Sir Zhang said that we could consider this because this is usually not the kind of job trainee cops can do.”, Yifan said. Chanyeol elf-like ears perked up when he heard ‘mafia-related’, he praised GOD and whoever that controlled the world around him. Chanyeol had been thinking of years until he could get a hold on mafia things, but there he was, given a mafia-related job as his first opportunity. He wouldn’t let that chance slipping away, so he raised his hand and with his deep voice said, “I’m going to take that duty, this thing can bring us faster to be cops.” Luhan reasoned Chanyeol’s opinion and nodded in agreement. “Well, I think it’s going to be fine and yeah I can’t wait to be a cop really soon.”, Luhan said. Jongin though didn’t say a thing and Yifan shot him a look. Jongin turned his head and said to the team leader, “Er, I don’t really know about it, but I guess it’s worth a try. They’re right about getting in the real team faster.”

 

Yifan bit his bottom lip and thought about it for a while. “Actually, I’m not confident in doing this job because you see, Sir Zhang himself admitted that this case isn’t for trainee cops, but yeah, since you guys have no problem with it, then I’ll go with you. I’m gonna tell Sir Zhang about our decision. You guys can go home now, enough for today tour to the police office, I’ll text you guys about anything. Safe trip.”, Yifan said and waved his fellow trainee cops off.

 

Chanyeol, Luhan and Jongin obeyed Yifan and went their separate ways. Chanyeol turned his car and went his direction to his house. He lived in a small house in the neighborhood not far from Han River. He had some nice neighbors and he felt accepted in his new environment. Some old ladies even had given him meals more than once because they knew that Chanyeol lived alone without his parents. Despite being an adult and having a mature figure, the neighbors still felt somehow responsible for him and Chanyeol was thankful for that.

 

That night, when Chanyeol was about to sleep, he felt his phone went off and he looked to see who it was. It was Yifan telling him that their team were given their first job and it started the next day. Chanyeol smiled in his sleep, he thought that nothing was going to be better than this day. He couldn't wait for his first task.

 


 

While Chanyeol and most of the Seoul citizens were fast asleep and probably having some good dreams, there was Baekhyun desperately trying to find a place to hide or to lay his body at least. He felt cold, the wind pierced through his thin pajama and he wanted nothing more than a little bit of warmness. He hugged his body and walked aimlessly in the street. Not many people were there, only a couple of drunkards and an old man. They didn’t notice Baekhyun though and he was more than scared to ask for help.

 

The autumn wind was so cold and his body went numb. At that moment, he missed Joonmyun's presence very much. He wished that Joonmyun was there to hug him and keep him warm. His bleeding leg has stopped bleeding, but the blood stain covered almost his left pajama pants but he didn’t care. He kept walking and walking until he found a small path that led to a dead end. He put the back of his head on the wall and slumped down. He hugged his legs and tears threatened to fall again. He didn’t try to stop the tears like what he had done the night before, he afraid people would see him crying and decided to ask him if he was okay. He didn’t trust strangers, so he hid his tears and walked as fast as he could with bleeding leg.

 

His sobs cracked the silence of that night but he didn’t give a damn about it. He cried and cried until he realized there was no tears left to be cried, but inside he could feel his heart was drown in a big flood of tears.

 

Apparently he was tired of crying and sulking and hiding from people for a day and he decided to close his eyes. His eyelids grew heavier and Baekhyun couldn’t help but to fall asleep on the hard concrete and damp brick wall.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► hi there, i'm back. thank you for staying with me. love you all guy ^^

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.