Fourteenth

Nil Desperandum

He wondered what curse upon him that could make his life miserable like this.

 

After that little talk with Yixing this morning, Chanyeol decided to take a day off. He drove to his parents’ graves that were 8 hours away from Seoul. There, he informed Jongin that he wasn’t going back to office and it was like Jongin knew something was up that he didn’t ask for further reason.

 

In front of his parents’ graveyards, he just sat there doing nothing in particular. Staring blankly at the sky, accompanied by six cans of beer. Chanyeol didn’t even know what he was worrying and what the purpose was, but he couldn’t help but feel like a fool for allowing the son of his father’s murderer to live with him when in all circumstances the boy should feel as wrecked as him.

 

He spent whole 7 hours there, and when the sun had finally dipped into the ocean he realized that he had been there too long. However the idea of getting back to his home seemed not too appealing, he didn’t know what he would do to Baekhyun. Kick him out maybe? But the other part of his heart also screamed at him that Baekhyun wasn’t at fault. Well as long as Baekhyun didn’t know, Chanyeol didn’t think anything bad would happen. He would just pretend that nothing had happened – not like Baekhyun knew something was happening –  and act normally.

 


 

But it was not as easy as Chanyeol thought it would be. He had been standing in front of his house door for a minute or so, still didn’t know if it was the best idea to enter the house. He then decided he should take a little walk on the park, however when he just wanted to turn back, Baekhyun opened the door and surprised to see Chanyeol stood awkwardly in front of it. Chanyeol saw Baekhyun was about to throw out the trash, judging by the plastic bag in his hand.

 

“Oh, Chanyeol. What’re you doing? Aren’t you coming in?” “Uhh, no. Uhm, I mean, yeah I’m going in.” Chanyeol answered quickly and entered the house, brushing past Baekhyun. Chanyeol then took a seat on the couch and staring at the running program on the TV. He heard Baekhyun had come back and unconsciously groaned. Baekhyun noticed it and took a seat beside Chanyeol who had his palms covering his whole face. Baekhyun’s hand hovered above Chanyeol’s and lightly squeezed them.

 

“What’s happening Yeol? Is there a problem? You can talk to me, you know.”

 

Chanyeol just shook Baekhyun off and got up from the seat, he shuffled to the bathroom and left Baekhyun felt disappointed. Baekhyun knew he might not be a big help, but at least he could offer Chanyeol his attention. But then again, maybe Baekhyun was not good enough. Baekhyun sighed and walked towards the bathroom door, “Yeol, don’t be too long. The food’s gonna be cold.”

 


 

The time Chanyeol had finished taking a bath which consisted of 30 minutes of discussing to himself how to act properly in front of Baekhyun, 30 minutes of contemplating what to do, and 10 minutes of actual bathing, he found Baekhyun had slept safe and soundly on the sofa with TV remained . With his frame lying flat on the sheet and soft snores could be heard inside the room.

 

Chanyeol hesitantly walked towards him and stood there watching the sleeping figure. He realized how beautiful Baekhyun was, he looked so innocent and cute. He was reminded of the day he found Baekhyun on that park. Shivering from the cold and very much frightened. He was so fragile at that time, and Chanyeol felt a rush of guiltiness inside him because he was indeed thinking of kicking Baekhyun out. Now he wasn’t quite sure himself what Baekhyun would do in the street looking lost with nowhere to go. The thought alone made Chanyeol mad. He didn’t like that scene at all, he preferred Baekhyun in his house looking comfy, safe and warm.

 

He then settled himself in front of the sleeping male and brushed Baekhyun’s bangs off of his forehead. He leaned in bit by bit and kissed the tip of the petite man’s nose. He then slightly peck Baekhyun’s forehead and caressed his hair. Baekhyun squirmed a little and yelped. Chanyeol chuckled at the sight in front of him, definitely liking it.

 

Just when Chanyeol was about to head to the kitchen, Baekhyun rolled off of the sofa and was about to fall down to the floor if it wasn’t Chanyeol who caught him.

 

“Now this is what I call self-restrain.” Chanyeol inwardly said.

 

With Baekhyun on top of him, nose nuzzled the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, breath fanned over Chanyeol’s exposed collarbone, and hands that were very close to Chanyeol’s crotch. Well, little movement could basically end everything.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► Hello everyone! It's been a very long time huh. Hope you guys still anticipate this story. I'll be back someday soon. Just so you know, I intend to finish this story. I will not leave you guys hanging. I'll finish this story although idk when it will be. Love you all lots! Comments and feedbacks are really appreciated ^^