Tenth

Nil Desperandum

It was three days after till Baekhyun was able to go home. Yixing had brought up the matter beforehand saying that Baekhyun should be taken to the police department guard house. However, Chanyeol couldn’t bring himself agreeing to that matter, but nevertheless he sent the news to Baekhyun’s ears. It was when Baekhyun started trembling and said he didn’t want to be left alone and that he was scared of people who had gun or anything harmful. So Chanyeol once again volunteer himself to take care of Baekhyun.

 

At first, Yixing contemplated to approve that, but he didn’t have any other option. Although he really wanted to be the one that take care of Baekhyun, he couldn’t say the words. He didn’t know if it is the best decision to let Chanyeol do the work.

 

All the team including Yixing was present that day. The moment Baekhyun was taken outside the hospital, Chanyeol could sense the eyes that had been watching him so closely. Yixing’s eyes were following Chanyeol and Baekhyun every now and then. Thus, when Chanyeol had put Baekhyun securely in his car, he turned around and directly looked at Yixing’s hesitating eyes. He gave Yixing a reassuring smile as best as he could make and nodded his head, showing Yixing he could fulfill what Yixing expecting him to do, although he wasn’t sure what those were.

 

Chanyeol then drove off the hospital lobby and went straight to his house. The car ride was quiet with Chanyeol kept stealing glances at Baekhyun who was looking outside the car window. Neither of them said anything but the silence that suffocated them was comfortable much.

 

The journey was about 15 minutes or so, and Chanyeol more than welcomed Baekhyun to his home sweet home. He assured Baekhyun that he could stay as long as he wanted, do what he wanted, and be as weird as he wanted without having to feel pressured. Baekhyun laughed at the Chanyeol’s try therefore he felt thankful that Chanyeol let him stay willingly. Baekhyun admitted that he was kind of demanding that he didn’t want to stay at the guard house, but he really didn’t want to be alone anymore, he was scared, and plus he had grown a little bit accustomed to the awkward giant.

 

That night, Baekhyun insisted that he wouldn’t take the bed but the couch. Chanyeol of course didn’t let him but Baekhyun was really persistent saying that he felt grateful enough that Chanyeol had given him a shelter and that he couldn’t ask for more. After arguing a lot more, Chanyeol who had felt tired from all the shifts that inquired him to wake up and stay alarmed, came up with idea which involved the two of them sleeping together on the same bed. Chanyeol then realized he had said it much too easy for Baekhyun. Baekhyun coughed twice and looked at Chanyeol weirdly.

 

“I mean, it is not weird for two boys sleeping together on the same bed, is it?”, Chanyeol reasoned. Baekhyun then began searching all the best words in his brain but got none so he just absent-mindedly nodding at Chanyeol statement. “Good then. Now I need to get a shower and you can just arrange your things on my bedroom and also get ready to your sleep.”, Chanyeol said. Baekhyun followed Chanyeol closely from behind and when Chanyeol turned to the shower, Baekhyun eyed the bed for a second before getting on it and making some distances between his space and Chanyeol soon to be space.

 

“Yeah, it is not weird at all. I slept with Tao and Sehun on the same bed whenever we had a sleepover. But why is it felt so weird?”, Baekhyun mumbled to himself. His back was on the bed and he was staring blankly at Chanyeol’s bedroom ceiling. In his left was a pillow to divide his and Chanyeol’s territory.

When the names of his two best buddies showed up, he couldn’t help but to think how the two were doing. He was reminded of the good old days of the three. Were they looking out for him? He remembered the day when he couldn’t come to school because he was awake up all night watching a sappy drama, Sehun and Tao ended up visiting him after school bringing medicines and Baekhyun’s favorite foods, thinking that Baekhyun was sick.

 

Were they panic when they found out that his house was empty except for Junmyeon’s dead body? He remembered too how his friends were so attached to Junmyeon whom they treated as their own brother.

 

Were they cared at all?

 

And most importantly, who would take care of Junmyeon? Would someone kind enough to give him a proper burial or at least cremation? He just hoped the guy that Junmyeon had been meeting around would do the favor for him. He didn’t know that guy since he hadn’t even met him at all, but he remembered that Junmyeon was always happy whenever he talked about this man. He would smile that toothy smile then be all fluffy when his boyfriend’s topic were brought up. And from all those attitudes, Baekhyun could assume that he was indeed a nice man.

 

Baekhyun was lost in thought about everything he had missed and tried so hard not to cry a single tear, he forced himself to be stronger and that he was alone so he shouldn’t show his weakness. He glanced at the clock on his right. It told Baekhyun that he had been day dreaming for more than half an hour. Then, he wondered why the hell Chanyeol was taking so long in the bathroom?

 


 

In the shower, Chanyeol tried his best to calm his rapid breathing. He couldn’t get out of the shower remembering that he would share a bed with a stranger – well Baekhyun – and he didn’t know why he was so nervous. He didn’t know that he could be this nervous. He peeked outside and saw Baekhyun on the bed looking all silent. He understood the arranged bed and he felt a little relieved that Baekhyun wasn’t so blunt which meant that Baekhyun was also new with sharing a bed with another man.

 

For the last time he exhaled and inhaled then came out of the bathroom, trying so hard to maintain his cool figure. He dried his hair with his right hand while his left hand busy fumbling with his phone. He saw Baekhyun got up from his lying position from the corner of his eye. “Errm, is it okay for you if I do this separation. I’m sorry for being weird because we both know that we are both boys and that’s nothing wrong with sleeping together, but I feel a little bit cautious.”, Baekhyun started. Chanyeol focus was changed from his mobile to Baekhyun who looked so adorable thinking so hard to form coherent words. Chanyeol then chuckled and got closer to the bed. He caught how Baekhyun’s body went stiff and decided to tease the little brunette a bit.

 

Chanyeol got on the bed and scooted closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun was looking at his lap all the times but he was aware of how Chanyeol became closer every second. Once Chanyeol was close enough to Baekhyun, he armed his lips to Baekhyun’s left ear and whispered with his low voice. “I don’t think it’s weird.” Chanyeol then immediately pulled back and settled himself on the spot Baekhyun had prepared for him. He pulled the comforter to his chest and closed his eyes before getting a glance of Baekhyun who was busy blushing while trying to get ready for his sleep as well. After Baekhyun had timidly lied down on the bed, he reached out the table lamp on the nightstand and turned it off. He turned his back on Chanyeol and made himself comfortable in this foreign bed.

 


 

Despite having a pillow in the middle of the bed, when the morning came, neither both of them understood how Baekhyun’s position turned upside down with his legs ended up on Chanyeol’s stomach or how Chanyeol toes landed dangerously close to Bakehyun’s pink lips.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► actually i dont have much to say, but i really hope you will stay up with me despite my bad skill. i promise better chapters for you. and fyi, i have sketched this story out and im not writing this story without plan. the is not here though, maybe about 3 or 4 chapters. i just need to strengthen the bond of baekyeol in this story on some future chapters. i wont let you down, i promise you. so please stay with me. and for the ones who have been reading my story. i cant express how much it means for me. anyway, i love you guys ^^

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.