First

Nil Desperandum

Baekhyun was seven when his father came home with blood covering all over his white suit. "Dad? Are you okay? What is that?", being an unaware boy, Baekhyun innocently pointing at his father direction. "Oh, Baekhyun. It's nothing. It's just paint. My co-workers accidentally dropped it on me.", said his father nervously. He didn't expect Baekhyun to still awake at that late hour. "Oh, okay, Dad.", Baekhyun said. "But, why haven't you slept yet?", his father asked. "Oh, well. I was sleeping, and I heard you came home, so I thought to welcome you home. Now i've done it, i'm gonna go back to sleep. Good night Dad, and sleep well.", Baekhyun said as he headed back to his room. Mr. Byun just watched his son turned his back and walked away. He wondered to himself how long he should keep these secrets.

 

After little Baekhyun’s silhouette had disappeared upon the stairs, he made his way to the bedroom. As soon as he stepped his feet on the bedroom floor, he could see his wife’s eyes widened in shock and terror. “Honey? Oh my God, are you okay?”, Mrs. Byun quickly approached her husband. “I’m okay, this isn’t really my blood. Well, yeah, I has some cuts but this blood isn’t mine. It’s my friend’s blood, who is now, has died.”, Mr. Byun pulled his wife in an embrace. Mrs. Byun hugged him back and pulled away as the blood smell filled her nose. She gave his husband and reassuring smile to help him forget about the matters, any kind of it. She helped his husband to go to the bed and flew outside to grab the aid kit. "Things are no longer under control, I’m afraid he may know about this too soon.", his father mumbled to himself while tried to get a hold of his tired body and went to the bathroom.

 


 

Baekhyun was thirteen and he was coming back from school. He was on his way home, bringing some cakes he had bought at his favorite cafe. Suddenly, two strong arms pulled him in and he could feel his back was pressed against someone chest. He could feel that someone's breath on his hair. He tried not to scream despite he was being shocked. He turned his head to the side and looked up. He found it was his father. "Dad? What are you doing?", Baekhyun asked. He saw tears running down from his father's eyes. "Dad? What happened?", Baekhyun asked again. He was confused of what happened. "Your mom, your mom, Baekhyun-ah.", his father managed to say things. "What's about mom?", Baekhyun asked not understand what his father was trying to say.

 

His father then spotted someone across the street, he knew what the other would do. He stopped embracing Baekhyun and pulled Baekhyun's hand. He led Baekhyun down the road and into his father's car in a hurry walk. Baekhyun got into the car, he didn't know where he was going, but he decided to shut his mouth. He wasn't sure what was happening, and by seeing his father's expression, it had to be something not good.

 

Suddenly, he felt his father's palm on his palm. He could feel how cold his father's hand was. He was holding a ring, he put it right in the middle of Baekhyun's palm. Baekhyun looked up to see his father face but his father didn't look to him at all. He took the ring and his father's hand slowly made his way back to his own lap.

 

The car trip was silent, no one said anything, neither the two strangers in front of them. After about 30 minutes, the car stopped in front of a building. "We're here, sir.", said the driver with stern look on his face. He turned his head to found that his father had been sleeping. Baekhyun thought he must had been tired. He poked his father's right arm to wake him up, but his father didn't move at all. He poked one more time, but he still didn't get any respond. "Dad? He said that we had arrived.", Baekhyun tried calling his father. He poked him once again, but his father still hadn't moved. "Sir.", the man beside the driver called, but his father still hadn't responsed.

 

Something went through Baekhyun's mind and he began feel scared. He used his two hands to shake his father, but his father still had those emotionless expression. Then his father left hand which was put on the car-door handle weakly dropped to his own thigh. The two stranger in front of them quickly went out from the door and opened his father's side car door. His father's body powerlessly dropped to the side as the door was opened. The taller man held his father's body and when he tried to lift the body quickly, he suddenly paused. Baekhyun could see a serious look on two men. "What's happening?", Baekhyun asked. The other man who wasn't holding his father's body took his phone out and spoke, "They got him."

 

Baekhyun didn't know what he was talking about until he saw the man who was holding his father revealed a hand full of blood. Baekhyun gasped when he saw the blood and saw his father. His eyes started to get teary, and his grip on the cake box could make the cake inside destroyed. Then many cars stopped in front of them. Black cars. The people from those cars were rushing to his father's car. Baekhyun kept asking and pleaded to be answered, but no one seemed to care about his existence, no one even took a glance at the frightened Baekhyun.

 

Then everything was happening so fast and Baekhyun found himself was being dragged by two man to a room which he knew exactly it was a funeral room. He saw the photo of a very familiar woman in front of the coffin. He made his way in front of the photo and he felt like many pounds dropped onto his body. His body started to tremble and he slowly raised his fingers to touch the photo. the surface of the photo and tears slipped from his eyes. A sob turned out into a crying mess. He cried and cried until he felt no tears to be cried left. He cried for everything, everything that he didn’t even have any idea about. His mother’s death, his father’s death. He blamed himself for being so stupid and not understanding of what was happening.

 

The door was suddenly opened and he met a pair of eyes of the man whose face looked like an angel. He could see those eyes were tired and upset. His eyes were far sadder than Baekhyun and Baekhyun wondered what was the reason. He was the one who just lost both of his parents, but this guy was seemed like everyone he loved had died. "Come with me. I'll explain everything.", say that man. Baekhyun was looking straight to the man's eyes and he nodded silently. He took a last glance to his mother before followed the man out of the room. He gripped the ring that his father had left for him in his hand, tightly.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► i'm very nervous about this chapter, well, this may not be so good, but I hope you guys can stay with me. thank you for visiting this story especially the ones who subscribed. i love you guys so much.

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.