Eleventh

Nil Desperandum

It was a new day to Baekhyun’s always boring mornings. He yawned a bit and scratched his eyes away from sleepiness. He could feel the ray of sunlight seeping through the thin fabric of the curtain as he squinted his eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness. He stared ahead at the ceiling above him and he expected to be welcomed with the same old too white paint when he blinked again and chuckled silently. He recognized whose ceiling that was and turned to his side only to be greeted by a big foot that was just about 3 centimeters away from his nose. He immediately pulled back then tried to get out of the tangled comforter without noticing he had put too much force on his legs which were resting so comfortably on a certain someone’s torso.

 

Chanyeol shot awake after felt a jab on his body and then curled into a ball clutching his aching stomach. He then rolled his body to find a better position, however he ended up on the floor, wincing and still shocked from the unusual morning greetings. Baekhyun realized what he had done and quickly got on the bed and went across it. Having Chanyeol on the floor with a not good expression, Baekhyun panicked. “Ohh! I’m sorry. I did’t know. Oh my GOD, I always have this bad habit when sleeping. I’m sorry really. I didn’t mean to. I shouldn’t sleep with you. Are you okay?”

 

Chanyeol looked up to see Baekhyun looked so guilty, and he decided the pain was nothing. He laughed, “It’s okay. No biggie. Now help me get up.” Baekhyun wasted no second and pulled Chanyeol by the hand. Once Chanyeol had already stood on his feet, he reached out to touch Baekhyun’s hair and ruffled it. He leaned closer to Baekhyun’s ear and said “I’m alright” then he quickly retreated. He laughed a little more seeing Baekhyun so flustered and confused on a big messy bed.

 


 

That morning, Baekhyun decided to cook breakfast as his payment for the stay while Chanyeol was taking his shower. He cooked omelet with bacon which he found at Chanyeol’s top refrigerator shelf. He hoped Chanyeol didn’t mind.

 

When Chanyeol had finished his needs in the bathroom, he immediately greeted by a delicious scent of food. And by the smell, he knew whatever it was would be very great. He made his way to the kitchen where he saw Baekhyun placed the dishes on the table. Baekhyun’s back was on his and he suddenly came up with an idea to prank on him.

 

He sneaked behind Baekhyun and put his palms on top of Baekhyun’s shoulders, he added a seductive “What are you making?” in the process. Baekhyun jumped a little at the contact and he tried his best to muster the proper answer. “Uhhhm, I‘m making omelet with fried bacon. I don’t know your preference so I hope you like it.” Baekhyun answered. “Well, I like it.”, Chanyeol continued teasing Baekhyun. Baekhyun went more rigid and pulled himself away so slowly. “Uh, that’s, I’ve not finished. You can wait on your seat.”, Baekhyun said to save himself for further embarrassment, he himself didn’t understand why he was so nervous. Chanyeol then stopped his prank, not wanting to go too far, he was afraid Baekhyun would feel uncomfortable, so he decided to just his seat and waited Baekhyun to finish whatever he was going to do. He eyed the meal in front of him and started to dig in.

 

Baekhyun then joined Chanyeol at the table right after Chanyeol had his fourth bite. He said, “This is so delicious, how even you manage?” with a mouthful of omelet. Baekhyun took 5 seconds to understand Chanyeol’s words and when he was done, he smiled gratefully to Chanyeol. “I’m glad you like it.”. And with that, he also started digging in his food. Well, it was good.

 


 

 

 

 

Author's Note ► hey ho everybadeeh, i just posted this short. REALLY SORRY. i barely have time to write. hopefully ill be back on my track within the following two weeks. thankyou for staying up with me. i love you guys ^^ and this is for my lil sis who occasionally demands me to update. love ya all. kiss kiss.

谢谢, ありがとうございます, 고마워요, merci, ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ, thank you.