헛된: 4.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Know your place. Keep that in mind, Choi Jaehye."

"You're just not Jeon Jaehye anymore; you’re Choi Jaehye,"

Choi Jaehye, Choi Jaehye, Choi Jaehye... Oh how I hate that name already... I awoke from remembering what Dad had told me. Does he really think he knows who I really am? Honestly, he doesn’t. I haven’t changed much. I’m still the poker face Jaehye; emotionless yet caring Jaehye. I just hold myself back from getting into trouble.

Junhong was once again sleeping in my bed with me. He had his arm under my head, and the other over my body. He's a sweet heart, he is, but he doesn't understand that I don't see him in that kind of way. It's making both his parents taking me as a mistake. Dad used to be gentle and nice with me... But as time flew by, he became furious about how I acted and what I do. He even disagreed about Junhong and I leaving together to study in the states. He had little faith and trust in me then.

I took Junhong's arm off me as I got off the bed. "Junhong, get up for school or else you'll be late," I said. He let out a groan and turned around to face the other way, "If you're not up when I get out of the washroom, you're walking to school from now on,"

As I was in the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror. "Why am I doing this," I asked myself, "Why am I making myself go through this," 

"That's why you should come home, noona," said a faint voice as I felt something crept up to my shoulders. The fingers traced from my elbow up to my shoulders, "Everyone's waiting," said Jungkook as he appeared behind me. "Even I'm waiting,"

"I definitely will come home soon. Just give me some time," I said.

"You don't need time. You know what you want. I know you do, but you're in denial, that's how you are noona. You're always pushing the truth away and hiding it. I don't want you to do that anymore. Please noona, be honest. Your heart is hurting," he placed both my hands along with his on my chest, "Listen to it," Jungkook vanished again like how he always does when he leaves me pondering.

I splash water on my face as I tried to get my mind off of it. Why am I always in denial? Does it hurt that much to face the truth? Facing Jungkook doesn’t even hurt that much anymore since he’s gone, but why facing BTS and GOT7 has to be so difficult?

When I was done brushing my teeth, I walked out of my washroom at the same time as my mom entered my room. "Omo!" she screamed startling me. She looked at me as she covered and then to Junhong. I cursed at myself mentally, glaring to Junhong. I can’t believe that kid is still here even when I specifically told him to get up.

"Omma," said Junhong. He sat up, "It's not what you think. I had a nightmare last night; therefore I came in here and lay beside Jaehye noona. We didn't do anything! I swear! It's just that I'm so use to-"

"Junhong, I understand. I won't think anything, but it's your father. Not me," said Mom. "Please get to your room and get ready for school. I'll take you,"

"Ye," said Junhong as he obediently got up and left us alone. 

Mom came up to me and pulled me over to sit beside her on the bed, "Jaehye ah, I know your father is being harsh on you at the moment. We both know why, but Junhong doesn't. I know you care about Junhong, and you're just watching over him, but please don't go too far,"

"Omma," I said as I held her hands, "I'm not. I promise I'm not doing anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter