헛된: 13.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk’s POV:

The fact about Jaehye being someone that BTS and GOT7 knew bothered me very much. Who is she? What does she have with them that she’s hiding? Something inside me told me she wasn’t a good person to trust. However, the other side told me to use her to get close with Base. Base can become ours and so will Hanlim High School.  

I went straight to my laptop and pull up a link to the Internet. I look through ever source of net that I could think of that could involve her. From when her father first introduced her to the business industry till now, but those gave me no answers. However, one article did really get me though.

"Choi Jinhyuk introduces his daughter for the first time..."

"...Choi Jinhyuk struck the media about his unknown daughter..."

"...Daughter of Choi Jinhyuk dies of an illness..."

"...Did Choi Jinhyuk's daughter leave to the States to get cure?..."

They had a daughter before Jaehye? Then was Jaehye adopted? I bit my nail as I scanned the article more. "Jeon Jaehye, who are you..." I ask myself as I saw her picture in the article. "Who are you really..." 

Exiting out of that website, I pulled up the school's page. I know there's a page here that has the entire pass graduates photo. How long has it been since she was gone? I looked at the photo, "She said she was 24, didn't she. In here, she would be 18 if I'm not wrong... that means it's been almost seven years," I traced back seven years of the Seoul High School graduates. Holding the picture up to the laptop, I saw five faces from the photo on the graduation page. 

"We're both BTS and GOT7 of Hanlim and Seoul High," I remembered that dude, Mark, saying.

"If I'm not wrong, these guys must be GOT7," I said to myself. "Eight boys from GOT7, and six from BTS. Then which side were you on, Jeon Jaehye," 

Hold up, I don't even see her in Seoul High School's photo. That means... I checked the page once more… That means she's from Hanlim? Without any hesitations, I pulled up Hanlim's website. "They have to have a graduation page!" Clicking whatever I saw, I finally found it; however she wasn't on there either. Only three of them were seen. What was the meaning of these? If she's not in any of these schools, then where did she attend? I began to get frustrated. I didn't want to work with a stranger pulling on a bunch of lies. I just hate fake people. 

I rested my eyes as I lay back in my chair, trying to get my thoughts together. "Jeon… Jaehye…" Then I panicked. DUH! I can search her real name up! Idiot Yongguk! I typed in her real name through Hanlim's search bar, and bam; there it was. Jeon Jaehye, top student of the month; Jeon Jaehye, certified for good grades; Jeon Jaehye, top 5 of Hanlim High School. I scoffed as I saw her pictures along with other students. "So she is from Hanlim, and that means she's with BTS. She's the sixth member of their crew. Does that mean she can fight?" I scoffed once more. "I think I should try her out. I think it's time to see the two groups go against one another."

The fact that these people are playing around with us really ticked me off. I hate working with my enemy, and I consider Jaehye one. I don't like Hanlim High School kids. They're nothing but trash. I printed out each and every one of their information; hacking into systems for their interview papers or so. Kim Seokjin and Kim Mark, sons of Kim Taemo of Doosan; Im Jaebum, son of the Police Head Quarter and Aju Group; Park Jinyoung, son of Ottogi Corp; Wang Jackson, son of President Wang of the News Publications; BamBam Kunpimook, president of the International Hotel, and Kim Yugyeom, CEO of Hanshim. 

And these idiots; Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook.. "Restaurant waiter, cafe worker, grocery workers, Mark's secretary, and... and a dead friend?" I looked closely at Jeon Jungkook's information. "Date of death: November 10," I read, "Sister: Jeon Jaehye..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Junhong’s POV:

"What do you want me to be honest about," Jaehye noona asked me as we both sat across the table from each other in the cafe. I was wondering how long has it been since we've been here. The paranoid thought of getting caught had totally disappeared since we changed the subject towards her. I wasn’t even worried about BlockB walking in on us.

"Jeon Jaehye, that's your real last name, right?" I ask. 

"Yes, it is," she replied formally. There was a silent pause between us as she sighed, "You want me to be honest? I'll be honest with you... I seriously don't like talking about myself, especially who I am. I don't like going there. Whatever happened in the past stays in the past,"

"But I've been wondering..." I said as we look to one another, "Jaehye noona, you don't somehow see things, do you?" Jaehye squint her eyes in confusion as she asked me what kind of things. "Just things like... someone behind you or just some paranormal things,"

"Why do you ask?" she said. 

I sighed. "Remember how I told you about me getting nightmares some nights," she nodded. "I keep dreaming about this boy or guy, or person. He looks like he's around my age. Sometimes he’ll help me out with my nightmares, other times he’ll be the nightmare. I was wondering if you knew this person. I've been seeing him ever since you came around..."

"Junhong are you sick?" said Jaehye. I couldn't tell if she was trying to turn the subject or not. Jaehye was a tricky person to know. "I haven't seen anything or anyone. Should we call a doctor or therapist?"

I shook my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter