헛된: 22

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV:

Jaehee bid goodbye to everyone after they happily united together as one again. Jin didn’t seem too forgiving, but he didn’t bother picking a fight since everyone was happy.                                                                                               

“Jin ah,” Jaehee said as she went up to him, “I’m sorry,”

Jin sighed as he scratched his head, “Whatever. I don’t want to hold a grudge against you for leaving. Besides, everyone is happy that you’re back. Just don’t take off on us again.” She nodded her head with an ‘hm’ as a reply. “But, can you tell me where you’ve been all these years?” 

"I..."

After taking Junhong back home in silence, Jaehee agreed to meet up with Jin back the Han River. "So?" Jin started as they both stood in front of their cars, watching the river flow. "Answer me,"

"Jin ah," Jaehee sighed slightly as she looked up to the sky, "How come you never told me you transferred to Seoul High School?" Jin was taken aback by her question, "Why did you leave them too? Why did you leave BTS also? When did you leave?"

"I left in the middle of the 2nd semester. When we were looking for Jungkook. My mother wanted me to leave Hanlim when I moved back in, so I did. And I never told the guys until you disappeared. So are you gona tell me where you've been all these years, or are we going to keep talking about me?"

"Wanpo," she answered.

"What?"

"I lived in a small village in Wanpo, and worked in a small flower shop with a grandma. I was her delivery person and I lived with her also. She didn't give me much, but it was enoough for me to survive on my own with her help,"

"Mark and I checked there, but you weren't there," said Jin, thinking back to when someone claimed they had seen her there. However, when they reached to Wanpo, Jaehee was no where to be found. 

"A few months after of staying there, they found me," Jin looked at Jaehee in confusion, "The family I'm with now," said Jaehee as she felt Jin's confusion to who she was referring to, "Junhong was a kid then, and they just lost their only daughter who was my age. I basically replaced her because Mr. and Mrs. Choi felt something special from me, and I was the one to make Junhong talk ever since his sister's death. At that time, I thought to myself that this was finally the chance to finally start fresh, and forget about everything. Forget about you guys. They treated me well, I was able to continue my studies in Ameirca under the name of Choi Jaehee. For a moment, I felt relief and happy with them. It was like I was with my actual family. But then I kept seeing Jungkook, and I couldn't get the scene of him dying out of my head," Jaehee started to break down as she held her right hand up to cover her face, "Jungkook.. I couldn't protect him so I promised myself that I'll protect Junhong, and treat him better. It was like a second chance and I can't afford to make the same mistake."

Jin sighed as Jaehee silently cried. He soon went up to her and faced her towards him for a hug. "I'm sorry," h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter