헛된: 10.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehye's POV:

I clutch the top of my chair tightly with a feeling of nervousness. I wasn’t expecting this person to be Lee Sunmi. She was as shock as I was; the only difference was she looked disappointed. We couldn’t utter a word to each other until her co-worker, who came along with her, stepped in. “Annyeong,” he said. This was the same guy who I had seen that was chasing after Sunmi the other day. “I’m Song Jinho. I’m President Lee’s secretary,”

I forced a smile on me as I greeted them, "O-Oh, annyeongshimnika," I said, "I'm Choi Jaehye, President of Monroe Hotel. I'm grateful for you guys to take time out of your schedule to come to this meeting," I said with a bow. Yongguk got up and also introduced himself, “I’m Bang Yongguk from A&S,”

Jinho ssi took one last glance at Sunmi, “Shall we start?” he said, “President Lee. President Lee?”

“Y-Yeah,” she finally answers. I gesture for the two of them to sit. It was awkward as I tried to talk with Secretary Song. I couldn’t help but feel Sunmi’s eyes on me the whole time as we conversed. “We cannot do the first of November,” said Secretary Song, “The company has plans the beginning of that month already with another corporation. We can only agree to sign the contract if you guys are willing to hold it back to the end of November,”

“Excuse me?” I said trying not to sound rude. “We have set the date with everyone else already about it being the first of November. We cannot change,”

He sighed and looked to Sunmi, “President Lee?” Sunmi forced a small smile of her and said, “It’s alright. The first of November is perfect.” I looked to Sunmi whose smile turned into a grin, “I’ll talk to my father about having Yunmi take care of it. As for me, I want to work with Golden Suisan’s daughter for the first time and see how it goes. I do need some friends,” she said. Sunmi stuck her hand out, “Sold,”

After signing the contract, Sunmi had asked for Yongguk and her secretary to give us a moment. Somehow that moment turned into forever. “It’s been a long time,” she began, “I can’t believe you’re back,”

“I can’t believe it either,” I answer. “What else do you want to talk about? If it has nothing to do with the Monroe construction in Jeju Island then I would get going first,” I got out of my seat and was about to head out until she stopped me with the words of Mark and Jin.

“You haven’t seen them yet, have you,” she asks.

“Who knows? Why does it matter to you,”

Sunmi came up to me and stood face to face with me. “Let me get it straight with you. I’ve been nice with you ever since I met you seven years ago, but now I hate your guts like hell.” I glared at her. We were about the same height. “If Seokjin oppa didn’t call off the engagement seven years ago, I wouldn’t be acting like this towards you,”

“What? He called it off?”

Sunmi scoffed, “Don’t act like you don’t know. I’m sure you planned it that’s why you left; just so you can ruin it,”

“I didn’t plan anything, Lee Sunmi,” I said as I tried to hold back my anger. “Jin did what he wanted. If that’s his choice, then it’s his,”

“I don’t believe you,” she said. “It would’ve better off if you never came back. You’re going to make things more difficult for me now. I’m going to tell you this once and only once, don’t appear anywhere near Seokjin oppa. You like Mark oppa don’t you? Well just stick with him. I don’t care how close you are with Seokjin oppa, what bond you two shared or whatever. Just don’t come anywhere close to him.”

Sunmi shoved me off with her shoulder as she got out. “Is something wrong?” Yongguk ask me as went out, “You don’t look too good,”

I sighed and answer, “I’m alright,”

“Are you sure? That girl looked pretty angry when she came out. The way that she stomped out of the room was fierce. Did you guys argue about the date? Did she take back what she said about the contract?”

“Everything is alright, Bang Yongguk,” I said. “She and I just had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter