헛된: 14.

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin POV:

"Jaehye ah..." I said I as I took a few steps up to her. I felt like everything in the room had stopped… time stopped, our breaths stopped… everything stopped. All I saw was her. I didn't care about what my father would do after this so call meeting. Jaehye was in front of me, my Jaehye. I know the other side of me is piss off to the max because she left... But Jaehye is Jaehye… And she's here now. "Jaehye ah," I said once again. She broke our eye contact and brushes her shoulder against me as she went beside her father. Wait, her father?

"Abeoji," she said as she looked to me then to my father. 

Mr. Choi cleared his throat, "This Choi Jaehye, my daughter,"

"Annyeongsayo," Jaehye bowed once again. 

My father chuckled with a nod, "This is my son, Kim Seokjin. I'm sorry if he scared you there for a moment," My father glared over to me as a cue.

"I'm sorry," I said as I bowed to her. I don't understand her at all... What is she doing?

After a brief moment of knowing that Jeon or Choi Jaehye was sent to America to study abroad, Jaehye excused herself from the meeting. Eager to know what the hell has happened to her, I also excused myself. My dad looked at me as if saying to not embarrass him. I'm sorry dad, but I just- "Jeon Jaehye!" I called as we were out of the room. However, she kept on walking away. I ran after her and took her by the arm, shoving her against the wall. "Why are you running away? Where have you been all these years? Why haven't you called? Do you know how much I looked for you? Do you know much I miss you! Jeon Jaehye why!"

"Stop! That hurts!" she said as she pushed me away. We stood silently and awkwardly in front of one another as Jaehye fixed herself. "I'm not running away... Not no more," Jaehye started, "Where have I been all these years? With a new family. Why haven't I called? Because I can't call you when you're a married man-"

"I didn't get married!" I shouted. I was going insane. All I wanted to do now is just hold her tightly in my arms and never let her go. Not even to Mark. "I called it off the day you were gone," her eyes widen as I held her shoulders, "I couldn't go on without you. You told me that you were going to be there for me. You told me that you're the first person I'll run to when I'm down, but where were you when I needed you? I don't need Sunmi or Yunmi in my life, I need you," I looked at Jaehye as she had the saddest eyes I've ever seen in years. "Jaehye..."

I was about to hug her until she shook her head and backed away. "No. Stay away from me,”

"No," I said as I made a face. "Why would I stay away when I have been staying away for seven years? You hid from all of us! You can't keep hiding forever!" 

"Jin please," I soften a bit as she said my name. Oh, how I’ve yearn for that voice for seven years. "I just need time so please,”

"No," I grabbed her wrist, "I let you go once, and I’m not going to this time. Not no more," I lead the two of us towards the elevator but was stopped as she let a painful groan. I looked to the other end to unhappily see someone who had also taken a hold of her. "Mark Tuan, let go," I said as a matter of fact. "What the hell are you even doing here anyways?"

He smirked as he step up to me, "Because I knew something like this was going happen, that's why I'm here. Where do you think you're going with Jaehye?"

"That's none of your business, so let go,"

"I've always listened to you," said Mark, "But you've always disappoint me. When it comes to Jaehye, I don't think I would give her up to someone like you,"

"Mark Tuan!"

"Kim Seokjin!"

"Yah!" The three of us turned our attentions to face our father and Mr. Choi. "What the hell are you two doing!?" shouted father. "Let her go this instant!" Mark and I glared at one another then to Jaehye. She hung her head down as both her hands were held into fists. Like as if we were mentally counting, Mark and I let go of our grip at the same time. Our father apologized to Mr. Choi as Jaehye made her way beside him. Mark and I were forced into the elevator along with our father. We each stood at each of his side as he spoke, "Get a hold of yourselves," he hissed, "Do you think this is some high school play?! You two are grown ups! Be a man will you two?!" Mark and I didn't respond. "I took you, and call you, here because of business. Not because of some girl that you guys like! If you two ever embarrass me again, you two will regret it!" Father sighed before speaking any further, "I know that you two are very fond of Jeon Jaehye, but I also need the two of you to keep your cool. You two know how I feel about Jeon Jaehye-"

"Yeah, that's one reason why you sent her away from us," said Mark. He scoffed as he placed his hands in his pockets. "How long are you going to deny that fact, Abeoji,"

Father sighed, "Think what you think. It doesn't matter anymore since it's been seven years,"

"It does matter!" Mark roared. I stopped him from attacking and he glared at me. We fought and argue a lot, but when it came to things like this we had each other's back. I shook my head to him; telepathizing that is wasn't worth the argument because they'll always argue about the same thing over and over again. 

"I suppose you had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter