헛된: 25

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days has passed, and Jaehee was out of the hospital as her parents were back from their business trip. The first thing she did that morning was head over to her parent's house because unfornately, they heard about her condition from their doctor.

"Jaehee!" said her mother immediately as she entered the house. Mrs. Choi hugged her adopted daughter tightly as she pulled back as scanned her body, "Are you hurt anywhere? Is your head hurting? Is your wound alright?"

"Omma," said Jaehee as she calmed her down, "I'm alright. I've been resting for the past few days,"

Her mother let out a sigh of relief, "It's good that you're okay. When I heard about you, my heart dropped and shattered into pieces. I can't afford to lose another daughter," she said as she touched Jaehee's cheek. Mr. Choi cleared his throat as a sign of his presence. Jaehee greeted her father with a 90 degree bow before she and her mother followed him into the dining room for breakfast. 

"Where's Junhong?" 

"He didn't come home last night. He called and said he was sleeping at his friend's house," said Mrs. Choi, "I believe he said his name was Moon Jongup?"

"Ah, him," said Jaehee as she knew. The two went to school together. She remember the first day when she picked Junhong up, he had waved bye to Jongup. Come on to think of it, Jongup is also part of their little clique with Yongguk and the rest of the college boys. 

"Jaehee," said Mr. Choi as he brought her back to reality. "Do you know that you'll be leaving to Jeju Island in a few days,"

"Ye," she answered.

"And do you know how far behind you are on work at the moment,"

"Yes, I do. I've already contacted Yongguk and Secretary Yoon. They've been handling with the project while I was gone for these past few days," Jaehee's lips curved into a small smile as she said, "Besides, I know Ottogi Corp. and S Company's daughter and son very well. I'm sure they'll understand,"

Her father nodded. "I also heard that Kim Taemo's oldest son," Her father paused, "What was his name? Mark? I heard he's trying to invest in this new project,"

"Actually, we've already made a contract. He will be investing in it. He'll also be helping with the new hotel there also,"

"Do you know what you're doing," said Mr. Choi, "Remember this isn't high school for you anymore," 

"I know," Jaehee replied as she looked at her plate which was now full with breakfast food. "I won't play around. I know this is work and I want to do good,"

"Good, at least you know,"

"But abeoji," said Jaehee as she looked up to him. Her mother looked from one to the other as she sense the tension. "If Heejin was still here, would you be pushing her as much as you're pushing me?" Her father sat up straight slowly as he rest his arms on the table, "I've been with you for 7 years, and I feel like all I've got from you is pressure and fear. I haven't done anything bad to you guys, but why are you trying to kick me away from this family? I know Junhong is nothing but a younger brother to me. I care about him as much as he cares about me," Jaehee stood up as she grabbed her bag, "Just like omma said, I can't afford to lose another brother. I've already lost one once, I won't let you keep me away from caring and protecting Junhong,"

Jaehee walked away as her mother hesitate to go after her. "Jaehee ah!" she called out. She then looked at her husband, "Look what you've done! I thought you wanted us all to be a happy family together! Isn't that the reason why we took her in?! After all, she is the reason why Junhong has been so good his whole life! She practically raised him while you and I were away!" Mrs. Choi stomped away, leaving Mr. Choi lost in his thoughts.

On the other hand, Jaehee was heading to Base. Yongguk has asked to meet her there because he found what she wanted him to find. Like always, Jaehee parked her car behind the cafe as she took the back door to go inside. Base was dead in the morning, and it will be for the whole day since it was a weekday.

"Oh, Jaehee ah," said Wooyoung, "You're here early," As usual, he was cleaning the shot glasses.

"I am, aren't I,"

"Did you want something to eat and drink?"

Jaehee couldn't think about eating at the moment. She just wanted to get back home and sleep the day away because that was the best thing to do after all. She denied Wooyoung's kind offer as she just sat there watching him do his job. "Don't you have a girlfriend?" she asked him, "Aren't you old enough to get married already?"

Wooyoung chuckled, "Aren't you old enough to not ask that,"

Jaehee laughed, "I'm just curious. I've never really known anything about you. You've been here your whole life because of us, BTS. I don't ever see you hit on girls, or talked to any before,"

"Love is complicated," said Wooyoung, "I don't think I could handle it. I rather just die alone," he laughed. 

Jaehee did also as she agreed with a sigh. "I should probably do the same,"

"Talking about love, have you made up with Mark and Jin yet?" Wooyoung ask. "Do you know who you want?"

Jaehee raised an eyebrow to him, "Is that even your business?"

"Well, everyone knows, so yeah," he grinned, "C'mon, just give me something. I'm curious. You've been with Jin longer than Mark, but then you began to like Mark when he came around. If Mark swept you off your feet first before Jin, shouldn't you be choosing Mark instead? Shouldn't you be asking your heart what it really wants instead of trying to follow your mind that's messing around with you,"

"What do you know," said Jaehee, "Mark and Jin aren't options. I would never make them options,"

"But you already have,"

"Jaehee ah," said Yongguk's low tone of voice. She looked over to Yongguk before looking back to Wooyoung with a gesture of 'go away'. Yongguk took a seat next to her at the bar as his back leaned against the counter. "Why did you want me to look up Lee Sunmi's secretary,"

"Because I wanted you to," Jaehee answered, "Do you have the stuffs?"

Yongguk let out a sigh as he turned to face her, "I found some very unpretty stuffs. I'm not sure if I want to give it to you," Jaehee glared at him. "I guess you can say, I'm curious of what you're getting into and... worried," he mumbled the last word as Jaehee chuckled.

"What do you know?" she said as if the statement had become a habbit. "Just give it to me, Yongguk,"

As he handed her the envelope, he stopped her from opening it, "I just hope you know what you're doing. If you need help, I'm here," he said.

Jaehee stared at him as he let go of her hand. She proceed on opening the envelope, taking out the papers and photos. 

Song Jinho
Age: 24 years old
Birth place: Seoul, Korea but moved to the United States
Family: Mother, Father, and a younger sister
Occupation: S Company Secretary

When Jaehee scanned the pictures, she saw him with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter