헛된: 23

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Note: I don't know what day it was for the storyline, so I'm just going to pick a day out of the week for this chapter. Don't mind me. Oh, and there will be some swear words, so if you guys don't like it, then I'm sorry.

Jaehee's POV:

It's was Saturday morning, and I had to get up for work. The part where I was stabbed was continously bleeding, and I didn't want to go to the hospital to end up having mom and dad find out. I dressed up the best I can to make myself look fine because I was going into battle. Well to be more honest, Sunmi, Mark and Jinyoung were coming in today to talk about the construction for the new hotel in Jeju Island, and we're suppose to get tickets soon. I know, I know. In my postition right, where I'm half way dying, I should be resting or going to the hospital at least, but I need to get this work done. Besides, I'm off tomorrow and Monday, so it wouldn't be bad going in for JUST today. 

"President Choi," said Secretary Yoon, "You look... sick? You're so pale, are you okay?" she said as she stood up to greet me as I got to my office. 

"I'm fine. Is Yongguk here yet?"

"He is, he's waiting for you in your office,"

"Thank you. Please let the others in once they're here also,"

"Y-Ye, but Jaehee ah," Whenever Secretary Yoon is serious, she always calls me by my first name, or other than that, it'll also be President Choi, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes I am. Can you please get the paper works for the meetings ready for me please?" I thanked her as I entered my office, seeing Yongguk sitting on the couch with his phone in his hand. 

"Aish!" he hissed. "Oh, you're here," he said as he noticed my presence with a quick glance to me. He settled his phone on the coffee table as he stood up with his hands in his pockets. 

"You're here early, why is that?"

"I told you, I need his project," I nodded as I headed over to my desk to settle down my purse. "Are you okay," he asked me after a minute of silence.

I chuckled, "I can't believe you care. I thought you didn't,"

"I don't," he said without hesitation, "But if you're not going to be okay by the end of the month, then it's not okay with me because I'll be losing money,"

I sighed in annoyance, "Don't worry. I'll be okay by then. It's just two weeks away, and that gives my wound time to close up,"

"Have you even gone to the hospital?"

"No, and I don't need to. The cut isn't that bad anyways," There was a knock on the door as Jinyoung, Mark and Hoseok entered. "Hey guys," I greeted. They smiled back to me, but only gave glares to Yongguk. I sighed as I got up, "You guys need to stop it," I hissed, "This is work we're in right now, not Base." The boys had their eyes on me with shock. "W-What?" I said as I felt something banging in my head and pain from my stomach. I looked down to noticed that my blood had gone through my blouse. At that instant, I became weak from my legs up. I wasn't able to balance myself but I know something or someone caught me.

"Jaehee ah!" I heard a familiar voice with a blurry vision. "Jaehee!" Mark?

Author's POV:

"Jaehee ah!" said Mark as he ran to catch her as she was about to fall. "Jaehee!" he said as he held her cheeks, "Dammit! She out!" He piggy back her as Hoseok opened the door for them followed by Jinyoung and Hoseok, himself. 

"I'll get the car," said Hoseok as he rushed down the stairs first.

"President Choi!" said Secretary Yoon as she saw Jaehee on Mark's back. She was coming back from getting the paperworks that Jaehee had asked for.

Yongguk rushed out of the office after them, "Secretary Yoon, stay here and inform S Company that the meeting has been post-poned and that we'll get back to them as soon as possible,"

"Is President Choi alright?"

Yongguk sighed, "She will be."

They rushed Jaehee into the emergency room as they arrived. Hoseok drove with Jinyoung in the passenger seat, and Mark holding onto Jaehee in the back. Yongguk arrived a little after he had informed Junhong about Jaehee. 

"I'm sorry, but you guys can't go any further from here," said a nurse as she restricted Mark from entering into the surgery room with Jaehee.

"Jaehee," he cried out silently as he watched the doors close with her being pushed away. Mark was frustrated. He wanted to talk with her today about what he heard between Jin and their father, but with her being in this kind of situation, he doesn't know whether to be mad at her or forgive her. However, all he hoped for was her to be alright. He never imagined her being in the hospital again after that one incident with Dragons 7 years ago. They nearly blinded her from hitting her on the side of her head. "Aish!" he said as he punched the wall. 

"Mark, sit," said Jinyoung, "Jaehee will be alright," 

"Will she be? I don't want to lose her in this kind of way. Her hiding away was already bad enough, I don't want her to leave me like this,"

"Mark, she's going to be okay," Jinyoung reassured once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter