헛된: 1

Vain: 7 Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m going to protect you forever no matter what,” the small version of me said as I held Jungkook in my arms, “I couldn’t protect mom and dad, but I can protect you,” said the teenage me now.

“Noona, I want to be the one protecting you,” smile Jungkook as he was now set aside me. As if he was older than me, he place his hand on my head and smiled with his eyes, “I’ll always be by your side,”

My eyes widen at the sound of a gunshot. Everything was happening too quick in this world of mine, but there… laid lifelessly was Jungkook and I side by side just a few meters away. Our blood drain through our white clothing as I reached out my hand to him, “J-J-Jung-kook ah…”

“Nu-nu-Noona…” he said, “I-I can’t move…”

“Stay there,” I said as I breathe heavily, “I’ll come to you,” I was about to crawl my way to him until someone, or something, stepped on me from above. I turned my head up to whoever it was and I was frightened at the sight of Cho Songha. He smirked at me as he saw the fear in my eyes. He then look over to Jungkook and pointed his gun at him. “No!” I shouted with the adrenaline coming out of me.

“HAHAHA!” laughed Cho Songha as I couldn’t escape from him. “Die!”

“NOOOO!” I scream as I held out my hand to Jungkook, “JUNGKOOK!”

My eyes twitched at the fainted gunshot... A dream?

"Noona," I heard.

Jungkook? I thought as I slowly opened my eyes to get my vision straight, Jungkook is that- No… it’s…

"Noona, are you alright?" said Junhong.

"Hm," I answered as I rub my sleepy eyes. 

"You were struggling in your sleep, so I was worried,"

"Is that so," I lay on my bed for a moment, then realized Junhong was also in bed with me. "Yah, aren't you suppose to be in school right now for your first day?" Junhong had a lot of privileges, and he was my responsibility. I didn’t like the fact that he can just do whatever he want. "And why are you in my bed," I ask as a matter of fact.

"I had a nightmare last night, so I came here,” he pout, “I saw that you were struggling in your sleep also, so I decided to slip in next to you," he smiled. Even though we weren't blood siblings, I only took Junhong as a younger brother, nothing more. He, on the other hand, thought something else.

I threw the covers at him as I got out of bed, "I'll take you to school. Get ready in 10 minutes, I don't want mom or dad picking on you for missing the first day,"

"Noona, are you caring about me?" he said as he leaned on his elbow. “This is the first time,”

"Hurry up. I'm the one that's going to get in deep trouble if you don't go to school," He clicked his tongue at me and mumbled. "We'll hang out today when you're off of school," I said, bribing him to get out of my room. “If you be good, then we will,”

"Really?!" he said as he sat up instantly, "Okay!" he immediately dashed out of my room and into his, "Noona, that's a promise!" I heard him call. 

"Hm…” I mumble. Junhong can be a big handle at some point, and that’s what I did not like. Once he’s set his mind on something, he’ll want to get it no matter what. That’s why no matter how many times I tell him we’re just brothers and sisters, he’ll never understand. Sometimes I wish he would grow up... 

"Stop treating me like a kid!" (Jungkook)

But sometimes... sometimes I just want him to stay like that. I opened my balcony for the wind to fly in. My white curtains flew from left to right, everywhere. There was a cool breeze that came through my body and at the end of it, it became a soft warmth that ran up my arms.

"Noona," That voice... "Noona,"

"Jungkook ah," I said. I looked around my room; turning around in the curtains as the winds constantly blew. I searched through the curtains and finally stopped as he appeared in front of me from behind the last curtain. "Jungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter