Part 9

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Babe, I was thinking, why not we go for a family trip? I know I haven't been spending enough time with the both of you, why not we go somewhere for us to bond as a family? It'll be your birthday next month right? How about we go Japan? ...” Daehyun said so casually after you came out from the bathroom after doing your morning routine.

“Wh-What did you call me?” To be honest, all you heard was the first word, after that, you didn't hear anything else because it wasn't like Daehyun to call you sweet names.

“Babe?” He said, feeling unsure of your question. Then he realised your rosy cheeks and smiled.

“You like it? Or you prefer dear? Love? Honey? Or princess like Hana? No wait, then you should be addressed as Queen instead. Or how about-” Daehyun blabbered.

“Babe is fine!” You squeaked, embarrassed by the sudden change in Daehyun's character. Daehyun then slung an arm around your shoulders and went close to your ear. “You know what? I think I'm gonna call you anything I like, according to my mood.” He said with his husky morning voice. You could have melted there and then, trying to stop yourself from smiling too widely.

“You haven't answered me.” Daehyun, still having his arms around you, walked with you towards his laptop.

“Huh?” You asked because you didn't catch everything else, too surprised with the babe word. Daehyun repeated himself while he sat her down in front of the laptop.

“My birthday? But it's like a month away.” You replied.

“Or would you rather we go now?” Daehyun teased. You were really confused now.

“No but why?” You asked.

“To just spend time together. We have not gone for a family trip before.” Daehyun replied.

“I know but why now?” You asked, already having your own answers in your head.

“I know – I mean ever since Hana got hurt, I feel that I'm not spending enough time with the both of you in the past and I would really like to make it up to the both of you if you could give me the chance to. You also said to show it through actions so...” Daehyun replied looking down, feeling unconfident because of your questions. You smiled. This was the Daehyun that you always hope of seeing and now you finally see him. It was nice hearing those words coming out from Daehyun's mouth.

“Okay. We'll go Japan, we'll go anywhere you want us to go.” You said. It was true, you would go anywhere with him.

“I don't mean to be bossy or anything. If you don't want to go Japan, we can go other places as well since it's your bithday, I think it's better you make the decision.” Daehyun quickly added. He felt that since you were giving him a chance, he should make full use of it.

“Relax, I'm really fine with Japan. Anywhere is fine.” You assured Daehyun. It doesn't matter where you go as long as you're with Daehyun and Hana.

“Great! Which hotel do you think we should get? How many days should we spend at Disneyland since I think Hana would love it there....” Daehyun excitedly showed you the tabs of the number of hotels he was considering and the Disneyland packages and stuff. Daehyun talked about the stuff you guys could do there. It seemed like he did quite a fair bit of homework. You thought that it was adorable how a lawyer could be this excited, almost like a kid. You wondered if this was the real Daehyun because you like this Daehyun a whole lot more.

One month later

“Umma! The seat is comfy! I have my own tv!” Hana bouced on the seat excitedly. It was her first time taking the plane and she was beyond excited. Her friends who had gone overseas had shared their experience with her and she was envious of them. Now, she would have her own story to tell her friends. She almost cried tears of joy when Daehyun and you revealed that they were going Disneyland.

“I told you the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter