Part 2

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You're back early!” You called out when you saw your husband at the door at about 7pm.

 

“Yeah. I completed my work for the day.” Daehyun lied. After hearing the news, he was loitering in the neighbourhood. He suddenly felt lost, he didn't know how to move on, how to live his life. When he realised that the neighbourhood was getting noisier with people going home from work and school, he decided to head home as well. Maybe his family could direct him back on track?

 

“Darling, Appa is home!” You alerted Hana.

 

“Really? Appa!” She shouted as she dashed towards the door. Daehyun wasn't really close to Hana but he couldn't deny how cute it was seeing his girl dashing towards him. He squatted down and opened his arms allowing her to crash onto him. Maybe his little girl could brighten his already dark day with her presence.

 

“Hi Sweetie.” Daehyun said, carrying her in his arms.

 

“Appa I miss you...” Hana mumbled as she fiddled with Daehyun's collar.

 

“Really? How much?” Daehyun asked, pinching her cheeks. She was already unknowingly cheering him up.

 

“THIS MUCH! And more more more!!” She beamed as she gestured big circles with her little arms while Daehyun smiled and gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

 

You came out of the kitchen just in time to witness this adorable sight of the father and daughter. It was usually quite rare to see Daehyun and Hana's interraction. Their interraction would be quite short. You thought maybe Daehyun had finally had that sense in him that his family was important. It was things like that that made everything worth.

 

“Dinner's ready! Let's eat.” You called out when it was quiet. You didn't want to interrupt their little talk.

 

You helped Hana with her food while she blabbered non-stop to Daehyun sounding really excited. She was talking so much, from her day in school to the snail she saw. She wasn't even eating much but you didn't have the heart to stop her from talking seeing that she really missed talking to Daehyun. It was one of those rare dinners that Daehyun was home this few weeks. Hana looked really excited and you can't help but smile. You took a glance at Daehyun and realised he wasn't really focused. He was quiet, he wasn't eating much. You figured that it was probably due to work stress.

 

Daehyun was hearing Hana talk but he wasn't listening to the content, he wasn't paying attention. He just nodded at appropriate moments when Hana paused. All that filled his head were thoughts on how to live on like nothing happened.

 

“I'm done.” Daehyun said, interrupting Hana's words as she was reciting the poem she learnt earlier that day in school. He stood up, placed the plate in the sink and headed back to his room. He didn't have the appetite You noticed the sudden change in Hana's mood when Daehyun just left like that. She was just staring at her palms with a pout plastered on her lips. You felt a little mad at Daehyun for treating your girl like that, for ruining her mood. Hana definitely didn't deserve such treatment from anyone, not even her dad.

 

“It's okay baby, you can recite it as many t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter