Part 15

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

"I'm sorry to say, the chances of a successful operation is not high. In simple terms, the tumour is growing at an area that it would be too risky to operate." Daehyun's doctor said.

"What else can we do to save him?" You asked, shaking in fear as Daehyun held your hands. He heard similar words before. He wasn't as affected as you but to say he was not affected? It would be a complete lie because he was hearing everything the second time. 

"I will continue to prescribe the medication he is currently taking but in a slightly higher dosage to control the symptoms better. Spend more time with him. It will help if he's in a good mood." The doctor replied.

"What? That's it? No cure? What is this?! Are you even a qualified doctor?! My husband is-" You couldn't control your emotions and raised your voice at the doctor but Daehyun cut off your words.

"Darling please. Don't behave like this. It's alright. Calm down. I'm sorry Doctor." Daehyun quickly cupped your cheeks and made you face him, trying to calm you down then appologizing to the doctor.

"What do you mean it's alright? It's not! Don't ask me to calm down! It's your life we're talking about here! " You vented your frustration in Daehyun.

"Shhh... We'll work things out." Daehyun pulled you into his embrace, your head resting on his shoulders. This was why he didn't want you to follow him for the check up. He didn't want the news to break you further. He'd rather take everything on his own.

After a few more words from the doctor, the both of you headed to fetch Hana from school before heading back home. During the journey, Hana was the most talkative with Daehyun replying her when needed. You didn't really talk much because all that was in your mind were the doctor's words and Daehyun's health.

"Are you mad at me? I didn't mean to shout at you. I'm sorry." You asked when the three of you reached home and you and Daehyun were back in your room. Daehyun was wondering before figuring what you meant.

"Of course not silly. I totally understood where you were coming from. Don't be too hard on yourself. I love you." Daehyun held your shoulders before giving you a kiss.

"I love you too, so so much." You said after the kiss.

 

Your thoughts went back to that day's events while waiting for the cheesecake to be baked. You recalled how Daehyun was stubbornly refusing to have you with him for the check up. You tried reasoning with him saying that you should be there with him because you didn't want him to face it alone because you're his wife and you were supposed to be aware of his condition and what not but he wouldn't budge. He had even threatened to confiscate the house keys to keep you at home but you told him you would go on a hunger strike. You won. When you found out the truth, you weren't so sure if you really won...

"Happy thoughts, think happy! If you're happy, Daehyun will be happy too. You want Daehyun to be happy." You mumbled to yourself. 

 

 

Another day with my two precious girls. Daehyun thought to himself when he woke up. He tried to be optimistic. He would do anything to live a longer life to spend time with you and Hana even if it means that he would be in pain. 

Daehyun wondered what you were doing since recently the both of you have been cuddling in bed after waking up but today, his bed seemed too big for him alone. He decided to get up and spend the day with the both of you. Daehyun sat up and felt a sudden wave of dizziness which was happening more frequently. I'm getting worse... He thought as he held  his head and closed his eyes till he felt better. Feeling better, he slowly walked into Hana's room. Daehyun smiled when he saw his baby girl all sprawled out in bed while snoring just very slightly with the blanket almost on the floor. Even like that, she looked adorable in Daehyun's eyes.

Daehyun walked quietly into her room, placed her soft toy between her arms and  the blanket over her. He then took one of the chairs in her room and sat beside her, patting her lightly on her arm. One of his favourite things to do was to watch his loved ones sleep. They looked so peaceful in bed that it had a calming effect on him. 

Hana turned slightly facing him and he thought she was gonna to wake up but she ended up hugging his hand, still asleep. Daehyun's hand was in an awkward position but he didn't mind. What was he gonna do with such a cute child? He smoothed her soft and tangled hair with his other free hand. It felt so peaceful that he ended drifting off to asleep, head resting beside hers. 

 

You barged in Hana's room and let out a relieved sigh. You thought history repeated when you didn't find Daehyun in  your shared room. Seeing him asleep beside Hana made you so relieved. A small smile even appeared on your face witnessing the sight of father and daughter sleeping. You can never get enough of this. The way the both of them slept with their mouths slightly open made them look even more alike.

 

Flashback

You woke up, still feeling groggy, just wanting to snuggle into Daehyun's arms before going back to sleep again but yoy realised the side of the bed where Daehyun was supposed to be, was empty. It was a lazy Sunday morning. Usually when Daehyun didn't need to go to work, the both of you would cuddle in bed. You put on your bedroom slippers before going to look for him and then pull him back to bed to cuddle. You heard a faint door closing sound.

"Daehyun?" You called as you stepped out of your room while rubbing your eyes sleepily.

No reply. 

You headed to the kitchen but still didn't see him. You were wide awake now. You then thought back of Daehyun being suspicious, randomly blaming himself and everything. 

Your gut made you open the main door and run out. Your eyes widen when you saw him loading his luggage into the car boot.

"What are you doing?" You asked weakly, your heart aching.

"I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to make things difficult for you." Daehyun avoided eye contact with you. 

"It's not for you to decide whether you're my burden or not. Take out that luggage from the car and go back in." You stormed up to him and made him face you.

"I can't-" you weren't gonna let his words stop you.

"You can't leave! What are you going to do alone outside?! We said the vows. Even if it meant nothing to you, it meant everything to me. I'm not letting you go like that! "

"They mean as much to me!" Daehyun rebuted.

"You are going to fall into depression and give up on yourself out there. I cannot let you do it. Why waste time outside doing all these rubbish when you can create more memories with us? I thought you said you loved us? Why are you hurting us?" You closed the gap between the both of you. You were getting tired from all the arguing. You hugged his waist. 

"Can we just go back in and cuddle? I'm tired of us fighting. You're not a burden. I know it gets hard sometimes but I'm here for you, Hana is here for you, the both of us are here for you. We want you to be hear for us too. Why do you want to upset us like that?" You leaned on his chest as your hand cupped his cheek.

Daehyun had no words to say. He never really wanted to leave. He just thought leaving would made things easier. He felt bad for you. You didn't need to deal with him and his screwed up brain. He silently wrapped his arms around you and buried his head into your neck, taking in your scent. He felt exhausted. You let out a breath you didn't know you've been holding. Your hands found his and y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter