Part 4

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks gone by in a blink of an eye. Daehyun diligently drove Hana to school and fetched her from school wanting you to rest to ocassionally but you always went with him. He even tricked Hana by hiding and then appearing in front of her with a huge lollipop. However, He went from doing the routine to not seeing the both of them all in a span of two weeks. Whenever your phone ring around the same time, without actually answering the calls, you knew it was Daehyun coming up with all kinds of excuses saying that he could not fetch Hana from school. Luckily you were mentally prepared because like you predicted, history repeated and everything was back to square one. You couldn't help but feel disappointed in Daehyun from keeping the poor girl's hopes up and then pouring a bucket of ice cold water on her.

 

“Hey sweetheart.” You cheerfully greeted Hana when you saw her walking out the school gates, looking around..

 

“Hello Umma.” Hana glumly greeted you back, slouching towards you with her little Frozen bagpack of hers.

 

“What is my sweetheart looking for?” You asked as you took her bagpack from her.

 

“Appa is not here again. He promised.” Hana sulked. You hated seeing that expression on her face. Disappointment was painted all over her face. You always think that kids would forget stuff their parents say but apparently not, they always remember. Good on you Daehyun, you took the easy way out by telling me and having me to break the news to her. How can I actually tell her that your work was probably more important? You're not the one dealing with Hana's emotions.

 

“Why? You don't like Umma fetching you from school? Umma is sad.” You got down to her level and asked instead of telling her the truth. She shook her head, still pouting.

 

“No? You don't like?” You asked again, teasing her by looking super sad.

 

“No! I like!” She blurted as she hugged you.

 

“Silly girl.” You mumbled as you gave her a peck on the side of her head.

 

“How about Umma bring you out to eat yummy food? Frozen yogurt?” You asked. She nodded her head. You really hoped that the food could cheer her up but knowing her, the only thing that could cheer her up was Daehyun himself.

 

 

Daehyun did in fact really try to change and focus more on his family but it wasn't as easy as it seemed. Afterall, he was a workaholic. He felt uncomfortable staying home idling away even if it was for a short while.

 

However, he really did try to make time for his family but the timing was always bad. There were a few instances that his meeting with his clients dragged on longer than it should have. He tried signalling that he was in a rush by looking at his watch but he knew he did not have much of a choice. There were times when he wasn't looking and feeling too well and didn't want his wife to suspect anything, he gave up on fetching Hana altogether. Seeing that you and Hana wasn't really much affected, he did try but wasn't that determined to rearrange his schedule.

 

Tonight was one of those nights where he came back late, long after the two girls had fallen asleep. Ever since that phone call from you, he felt that he got closer to the both of you. He didn't know how to describe that feeling though. It was those feelings that one would have needing to ensure that their family members are safe.

 

Daehyun went into Hana's room and checked to make sure she was kept warm. He wasn't surprised seeing you asleep in Hana's room. After adjusting Hana's blanket, Daehyun lightly shook you awake. While you had to take time to adjust to your surroundings, Hana was also stirred awake.

 

“Appa....” Hana slurred as she rubbed her eyes.

 

“Appa is here. Shhh... Go back to sleep okay?” Daehyun said as he patted her chest lightly. Hana hugged his palm and snuggled into it, treating his palm as her blanket.

 

“Can you bring me to the zoo? All my friends went with their Appas and Ummas.” Hana asked hopefully.

 

“Sure baby, we'll go to the zoo together.” Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter