Part 1

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr Jung, here are the files which requires your approval and there is another important appointment with the client at 5pm.” Daehyun's secretary said as she handed him a stack of files. She then realised Daehyun was on the phone with another client.

 

“Alright. I'll get back to you once I've analysed the case. Thank you. Goodbye.” Daehyun said to the client that was on the line with him and hung up.

 

“Okay. Thanks. Could you get me another cup of coffee please? Thanks.” Daehyun said as he started typing away on his computer.

 

It was his third cup. Daehyun had been in his office since 7.30am. He was a really professional lawyer and had dedicated almost all his time helping to serve justice. This was just another regular day of Daehyun's life, being the solebread winner of his humble family. He spent his days by analysing cases, talking to clients and hold meetings before he finally locked up his firm and head home if he was lucky, by dinner time. If not, probably at 9pm or 10pm, sometimes even in the wee hours he would still be rushing his reports.

 

Being this dedicated to his job meant that he couldn't spend much time with his family or rather, he didn't see the need to. After all, you are just well, his wife. You were only around to take care of your child and the household. Your marriage was an arranged one. The both of your parents promised each other that their kids would marry because of their close relationship privately and also in the business world. Daehyun didn't want to go against his parents' wishes and since he didn't had the time for relationship matters, the both of you were married.

 

After another busy day at his firm, Daehyun finally reached home at almost 11pm and was greeted by you. Everyday, you would try to wait for him to be back. At least you would be able to see him.

 

“I'll heat up the food for you. Take a bath first.” You said as you took his briefcase from him, helping him to bring it up to your shared room.

 

“It's fine. You can head to bed first. I can handle it on my own.” Daehyun said, not wanting to trouble you.

 

“No worries. I'll be done soon.” You said as you heated up the food for him while he headed to bathe. It was your duty as his wife to ensure that he was well fed. This was how your conversation with him was, too short and formal for a married couple. There was minimal skinship exchanged.

 

When he was done showering, the food was already laid on the dining table. You accompanied him to eat and filled him up on your six years old daughter's happenings. You always felt proud talking about your baby girl. It was probably the only common topic you had with Daehyun since you knew nothing about the firm.

 

“She's gotten full marks for her spelling test again and her art piece won her prizes.” You told him with excitement overflowing from your tone.

 

“That's good. Thank you for taking care of her.” Daehyun said. He was really thankful that he had you to take care of this household because he knows that he would not have the time to handle the firm and the house. Thanking you wasn't necessary though, it was your responsibility and you love taking care of your little girl.

 

“How's work?” You asked him wanting to be updated about his life as well, wanting to be a good wife to him.

 

“Just the usual. Manageable.” Was all Daehyun revealed. You knew that as a lawyer, he had his own work enthics but you hoped that someday, he would actually be willing to share his workload with you. Nothing much was exchanged and you just watch him eat his dinner.

 

“Thanks for dinner. I'll wash up. Head to bed first.” Daehyun said to you. You shook your head.

 

“You had a tiring day. I'll do it.” You took the plates from him and washed the dishes instead. When you were done with the dishes, you went to check on Hana, your baby girl. She was fast asleep with her legs and arms stretched out like a starfish. You shook your head at her cuteness and covered her with her blanket, planted a kiss on her forehead before heading to your room. Daehyun was already fast asleep.

 

You crawled into bed, covered him with blanket as well and gave him a light peck on his knuckles. You had feelings for him but seeing the way he is around you, you decide to keep your feelings and thoughts to yourself. It wouldn't make a difference even if he knew. You know he didn't really want this marriage as in, he didn't really have a say in it but it wouldn't hurt if he could care a little for the both of you right?

 

 

“Sweetie, wake up~ time for school.” You said as you soothed Hana's hair. Hana was a relatively light sleeper and had no problem waking up for school though at times she would be a little playful and pretended to be sleeping.

 

“Silly girl, Umma knows you're awake.” You said as you pinched her cute cheeks lightly. You saw her eyes fluttering, trying to keep them close.

 

“Umma why are you so smart?” Hana giggled as she opened her eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter