Part 13

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You spent time with Hana until she felt sleepy. She slept earlier than usual and you tucked her in. You stayed with her until she was asleep. Hana's room was quiet so you could organise your thoughts.

 

After sorting out your thoughts, you barged into the room where Daehyun was. Daehyun heard the door open and quickly wiped his tears away, still wanting to appear strong to you. You saw his actions and you died a little inside.

 

“Tell me everything.” you sat beside him on the bed and asked him calmly. He hesitated before finally letting everything out, how he found out, everything. You could feel Daehyun's pain as he told you his story. He had to go through everything alone, no one could understand what he was going through, he had no one to share his feelings, his thoughts and his fears to. He had to suffer by himself and you didn't like the sound of that one bit. You felt guilty for not being understanding and meticulous enough. Come to think of it, you recalled him appearing rather pale at times but did nothing about it. How could you notice the moment Hana was not feeling well and yet not know that Daehyun was sick? You were so disappointed with yourself.

 

“So... you started being nice to us and getting closer to us because of this sickness?” You asked. You were dying to know why. Something must have triggered the sudden change in behaviour. Daehyun didn't deny. You didn't know why but somehow you were feeling sad. You were secretly hoping that he genuinely wanted to get close to the both of you rather than being forced to somehow.

 

“But I regretted noticing the both of you too late. I wished I would have seen this family sooner. I really developed feelings for the both of you. I'm not lying. I really love the both of you very much and I always feel bad for not acting sooner.” Daehyun quickly added as he held your hand because he knew what was going through your mind.

 

“I know. I can feel it.” You believed him.

 

“How could you keep all these from me? I misunderstood you so many times...” You said.

 

“It doesn't matter. You said to prove it to you through actions, not words.” Daehyun replied. Great, he's using what you said to him against you now.

 

“I know but I didn't mean it this way!” You frowned at him.

 

“I just didn't want you to worry... Besides, how do you expect me to tell you? Babe, I got cancer and I'm dying? I can't possibly say that right?” Daehyun said. Hearing those words coming out from this mouth made you want to cry all over again, in which a few tears flowed down again.

 

“I'm sorry. Please, no more crying.” Daehyun panicked seeing your tears again and quickly wiped them away.

 

“What are you going to do now?” You asked.

 

“I...” Daehyun could not bring himself to tell you his plans.

 

“YOU'RE NOT PLANNING TO RUN AWAY AND LEAVE US BOTH HERE ALONE ARE YOU!? YOU THINK YOU'RE IN A DRAMA?” You shouted. You just had that feeling he was going to do that. You were guessing though, sprouting nonsense.

 

“No no... Shhh!!! You're gonna wake Hana up!” Daehyun hushed you, a little shocked himself that you were so spot on. But after seeing your reaction, he didn't know what to do anymore...

 

“But how can you still accept me?” Daehyun mumbled, feeling very insecure about himself.

 

“HAVE THE SICKNESS FRIED YOUR BRAIN?” You yelled but immediately regretted your chioce of words when you saw the hurt expression on Daehyun's face.

 

“I'm sorry! I didn't mean it that way!” You apologized feeling like strangling yourself for that stupid mistake.

 

“It's okay...” Daehyun said, not offended.

 

“But when you walked away just now, I just didn't know what to think and I didn't want to keep my hopes up...” Daehyun added.

 

“Sorry. I just needed some time to digest. And don't say that! There will be hope for you! I'm sure!” You assured him. You seldom or rather , can't remember when was the last time seeing Daehyun this insecure and so unconfident. Daehyun said nothing. His fate was already known. He didn't want to give you false hopes.

 

You had the urge to hug him in which you did.

 

“It's okay. You'll be fine...” you could only comfort him with words and actions, telling him you'll be there for him. You figured that support and encouragement are what you think will keep him going. You hope Daehyun would remain optimistic because this family needs him.

 

 

 

 "Appa!!" Hana called out, giving Daehyun a little scare and distracted him from his book. She crashed her face into his tummy.

 

"You scared Appa!" Daehyun ruffled her already messy bed hair and then carried her and placed her on his lap.

 

"Whatchu doing?" Hana asked the obvious as she flipped to random pages of the book Daehyun was reading. 

 

"Reading, Darling." Daehyun said as he spooned her from the back, his arms wrapped around her little waist.

 

"Appa what is this word?" Hana pointed at random words and Daehyun explained the meaning of the words patiently to her.

 

"Dae - oh! Baby you're awake! Come down for breakfast!" You said as you peeked your head in your room.

 

"Come on, let's go!" Daehyun exclaimed as he scooped her into his arms, carrying her down.

 

"YAH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PUT HER DOWN NOW!" You shouted the moment you saw Daehyun carrying Hana. Daehyun got a shock by your sudden loudness and quickly put Hana down.

 

"Why? What happened?" He asked.

 

"You're not well." You said. 

 

"Appa's not well?" Hana asked. Daehyun was behind Hana, facing you as he signalled you not to say anything. He also denied the fact that he was sick.

 

"Yes um... Appa is not well." Was all you said to Hana.

 

"You. Don't ever do that again until you're feeling better." You warned Daehyun.

 

"But I've b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter