Part 14

I'll Be Your Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like an hour had passed and your instincts told you something was wrong. Even though the sniffling had lessen, even though no words were exchanged, something was not right. The way Daehyun cuddled against you told you so. His grip was tight, desperate and unwilling to let go. Something was off. He was afraid and you were starting to get really worried. You did not encounter this before. You attempted to turn and face him but his grip wouldn't allow you. 

 

"Please?" You whispered. Daehyun hesitated before eventually loosening his grip around you but still not letting go. It was just nice for you to turn and face him. He looked so... vunerable and your heart ached at this sight of him. You wiped his tears with a subtle encouraging smile, cupped his cheek with your palm and you gave him a kiss. Honestly, you were at a lost of what to do. You just wanted to give him some assurance and encouragement. Daehyun didn't even deepen nor return the kiss. You gently pushed the back of his head towards the nape of your neck as you smoothen his hair, comforting him. If there was only so much you could do for him, you would do everything you can to make him feel better. 

"I'm scared..." Daehyun finally had the courage to reveal his true feelings. You waited for him to continue.

"So so scared..." he added. You knew it would be hard for him to explain his troubles and you didn't want to force him. Daehyun felt like a weight has been lifted off his chest.

"I'm so sorry." You said feeling useless as you rubbed his back. You didn't know what to do to make him feel better. He gave you a puzzled look.

"I can't do anything to help you." You cupped his cheek.

"Silly. You're the reason why I'm still holding on." Daehyun brushed his thumb under your eye, wiping the fresh tears.

"I promise you we'll go through this together. You'll not be alone. I'll be by your side. Always." You held onto his hand and assured him. You didn't know how thankful Daehyun was to hear those comforting words from you. Without saying much, he closed his eyes, brought your head closer to him and pecked your forehead. No words could express how thankful he was having the both of you by him.

For a change, Daehyun finally fell asleep in your arms that night.

 

"Breakfast is ready. Eat while it's hot." You said as you entered the room. You knew that Daehyun was already awake. You then proceeded to wake your little princess. 

"Thank you." Daehyun said as he stirred his food. You smiled and kissed Daehyun on his cheek. It was the same food and he was getting sick of it but he didn't have the heart to tell you. 

"Good Morning Appa..." Hana greeted Daehyun with half-closed eyes. 

"Morning Princess, how was your sleep - Yah! Watch O- Are you okay?!" Daehyun tried to warn Hana where she was walking but it was too late, she clashed onto the back of the couch.

"Ouch..." Hana pouted and rubbed her knees. Daehyun chuckled at his clumsy daughter.

"Appa!!" Hana frowned disapprovingly.

"Okay no laughing. Sorry. Are you alright?" Daehyun carried her in his arms.

"Pain..." Hana sulked and pointed to her knee then threw her arms around Daehyun's neck. 

"My clumsy baby. Don't close your eyes and walk next time." Daehyun rubbed her knee. It wasn't really a hard knock and Hana was just being a baby. 

"I didn't close! The couch bumped into me!" Hana said.

"Oh really?" Daehyun gave her a look. Hana smiled and nodded and laughed as well.

"What are the both of you doing? Put her down and eat!" You came out seeing Hana in daehyun's arms and panicked. At once, both father and daughter moods were dampen by their overprotective mom and wife. 

"The couch collided into Hana! I need to see if she okay or not." Daehyun hugged Hana tightly, not wanting to put her down. 

"Very funny. The both of you, sit down and eat." You pointed to the table. Daehyun placed Hana on his lap and fed Hana. He was secretly avoiding his food and hoping to have some of Hana's again.

"Hana, I'm sure you can eat on your own right? It was your knee that was knocked, not your arm right?" You raised an eyebrow. Hana sulked, got up from Daehyun's lap and sat at her own seat. Daehyun was feeling grumpy. Why can't the both of them eat together? Why can't Hana sit on his lap? Why did you have to interfere with the both of them?

While Hana was eating, you checked on her knee. Sure it was a little reddish but she was fine. The both of them had created unecessary drama.

"Full." Daehyun mumbled and walked away, he was barely done with his food but he didn't have the appetite.

"Darling." You wanted to persuade him to eat more even though you knew he wasn't in a good mood.

"I'm done. Will be heading to the firm today. Baby, Appa will drive you to school today." Daehyun left no room for persuasion nor further discussion and headed to prepare.

"Hana are you done?" Daehyun grumbled impatiently.

"Coming Appa!" Hana replied loud enough for Daehyun to hear her. You were almost done tying her hair.

"Done! Go go!" You patted her bum lightly and she ran out of her room with you following behind her.

"Be good!" You patted her head as she wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter