Goodbyes Part 3

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook started coughing a lot. So much that he had to push himself aside from the piano and hold onto his stomach, clutching onto his shirt. His hands turned red from blood and he quickly got off from the chair and walked out of the camera view. For a moment, there was no one in the room and all everyone could hear was Ryeowook coughing. The screen went dark for a moment and everyone gasped. Could it be that that was the end? Eunhyuk jumped out of his chair and towards the screen. NO GODDAMNIT! It was supposed to be his goodbye now! NO! NO! NO!

“WOOKIE!”

The screen suddenly lit up and there’s Ryeowook, smiling and waving. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief. Ryeowook was wearing something different from the previous video. He’s smiling and waving awkwardly and even he, himself notice that. He laughed it off and shook his head. Eunhyuk realized that Ryeowook was in a different room now.It was a normal SM dance studio. But there was no piano in front of him or anything else.

“Uhh… Producer hyung asked me to continue singing next week.” Ryeowook said, his voice a little hoarse. “I don’t feel well and I don’t think I can sing anymore. Mianhe.”

Ryeowook touched his throat and gently rubbed it.”It’s really painful from all the coughing and vomiting.”

“Uhh…. Who did I stop at yesterday?”

“Oh that’s right! Eunhyuk hyung!”

“Eunhyuk hyung…” Ryeowook sighed. “Annyeong!”

“The anchovy hyung!”

“Hyung, don’t cry! Please don’t cry!” Ryeowook giggled. “You have the others to look out for, hyung. Donghae hyung, especially. You can’t cry now. You can’t ever cry because of me.”

“Leeteuk hyung gave you the leader spot for a reason, hyung. And I always thought that you deserved it. We joke about how you always try to replace Leeteuk but hyung, I hope you never get mad or hurt by our jokes. And especially about how we joke about you being ugly. Truth is hyung, you’re one of our pillars.”

“Without you, Super Junior will not be where we are today. You deserve all the fame, you’ve got hyung. Your hard work and all your efforts, your sweat and blood, all of it, I hope that even in the future the world will continue loving you, continue treating you like a precious gem.”

“Do you know what I like the most about you, hyung? Like the leader you are, you are always keeping an eye on me. With Leeteuk hyung gone, I thought that it was going to be hard. I always depended on Leeteuk hyung on what to say during interviews or how I should react during situations. But it was like he never left. You always had my back, always convincing me, always supported me, giving me advises when I need them or scolding me when I did wrong.”

“I needed that, I need them all.”

“Don’t worry about a thing, hyung. I know that those hard times you gave me were just for me to improve. Don’t worry, hyung. I’m not going to keep a grudge.”

“Hyung, I hope you keep believing in yourself and the members.”

“I love you, hyung. You know I do.”

“Zhou Mi gege!”

“Wo ai ni, hyung!” Ryeowook giggled and made a small heart with his hands. “My very handsome tall hyung!”

“Uhhh… Gege, thank you.” Ryeowook spoke in Chinese as he bowed.

Ryeowook was trying hard, Zhou Mi could see. He was trying to think in Chinese and speak in proper Chinese. It touched his heart how he was trying so hard.

“Hyung, you’ve went through a lot.” Ryeowook continued speaking in broken Chinese. “But thank you. Thank you for never giving up.”

“I don’t know how you do it, hyung, but you smile through everything and anything. Those bad times when the fans didn’t want to accept you, you smiled and said that it’ll be okay and those dark days when we were all so upset about Hangeng hyung leaving, you smiled and said that it’s okay and it’s for the best.”

“Your smile makes me happy, hyung. You make me so happy and comfortable when I’m away from home. When I was in Taiwan, in China, doing SJM promotions and I would feel so homesick, you’d be there and comfort me.”

“Hyung, I don’t think I’ve said enough thank yous to you. For always looking out for us especially after Hangeng hyung left. I know you must have felt responsible of us when he left. And I’m thankful that you took up the responsibility without even complaining or getting mad. It must be tiring, hyung. Having to translate and explain every single thing to us, who are always curious. And so thank you, for always doing just that. Your patience and your understanding, your smiles and your love.”

“I want to give you back the exact same love and care you’ve given me, hyung. But… If you’re already watching this, then … I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter