Strong

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

I’m sorry that I’m such a burden.

I glanced across my hyung who looked as pale as snow. He coughed but quickly recovered when he saw me look his way, giving me a thumbs up. I smiled shakily back, wanting to burst in tears. Once we were done for the day, we thanked the fans and crew around us and made our way back to the car. I was talking to Henry about the whole recording when we both paused and froze when we saw Sungmin almost collapsing right in front of us. Thankfully, the managers saw and quickly reacted, pulling Sungmin to the car and letting him rest against his shoulder. I couldn’t move. I fidgeted on the spot until I felt a hand patting my back.

“Come on, Wookie ah, let’s go.” Donghae urged.

I nodded and instead of taking the car Sungmin was in, I took the other one with some of the other members and managers. I couldn’t face Sungmin when I felt so damned guilty. I sighed as I rested my head against the window. Super Junior M had finally made our comeback with Swing and the choreography was no joke. It was tiring, just like all our other choreography of course. We had been practising the dance for months, even before I knew about my condition. Although sick and weak, I was surprised I was able to go through the live performance and looked like I was alive. Though the few days before, I almost gave up.

During the past few days when the group was busy packing and getting ready for comebacks and conferences, I fell sick with high fever.  For those who knew about my condition, they were terribly worried for me while the poor clueless members Zhou Mi and Henry thought it was normal since most of us always got sick a few days before comeback from the heavy practise. Sungmin had offered to room with me ever since we arrived in China and day and night, Sungmin had done nothing but look after me. And now, thanks to Sungmin, I was perfectly back to normal while he was the one who ended up sick. When I woke up earlier and found out that my fever was finally gone, I was so excited and happy. But that was when I realized Sungmin was sleeping with two blankets all wrapped over him on the other bed in our hotel room. That was when it hit me hard that Sungmin had taken care of me and practically took my fever away from me. And now, he was sick. Thanks to me.

What killed me even more was that the fans were really sad when they saw how tired and sick Sungmin looked. Sungmin had a lot of fans and they were all very sweet, just like Minnie himself. And the fact that I was the reason that made these sweet innocent fans so sad… Argh! Once both the cars have reached the hotel, the managers called us and gathered us together in his room to have some congratulatory dinner together. The members, who were all basically starving to death, rushed out of the car while I stayed just a little longer. It wasn’t long until a knock on the window startled me.

“Come on, Wook.”

Ahh, Eunhyukkie. I nodded and followed behind him. Eunhyuk had been keeping an eye on me ever since he found me almost pulling out my IV during one of my chemo visits. I was depressed at that moment and I felt that I didn’t need treatment; I didn’t need to get better. Why would I? I was just going to end up failing and disappointing the others more. Might as well… Might as well this cancer just take me away as fast as possible. But no.. Eunhyuk had watched and warned me throughout the whole treatment. 

“Why did you want do it?” Eunhyuk’s face was so hurt.

I looked away, not wanting to give him any answer. Eunhyuk asked me again, this time raising his voice a little. I continued ignoring it and I thought I was going to get hell from Eunhyuk but he just gave up, sighing as he sat back in the chair next time mine.

“From now on, we’re not letting you go to chemo alone.”

Eunhyuk must have known how I was feeling or must have pitied me that he didn’t want to scold me. He treated me normally after that day and although he told the members that I would always need someone to be with me during my chemo treatment, he purposely left out the part about my little dramatic incident. I was thankful that he didn’t tell the members. I would probably go through hell if the members ever found out.

“How is Sungmin hyung?” I asked as we approached the elevator.

“Manager hyung brought him back to your room so that he could get some rest.” Eunhyuk then snapped his fingers. “Oh right! Remember to take the spare hotel room keys from manager hyung.”

I nodded and both of us entered the elevator. I wasn’t in the mood for any food or celebration to say the truth but if I just went back to my hotel room straight, the members would get worried and I’d probably ruin their mood. As we neared our manager’s room, Eunhyuk grabbed my wrists.

“When are you going to tell Henry and Zhou Mi, Wook?”

I shrugged. “Some time, hyung. No worries.”

Eunhyuk clamped his lip and wanted to say something but I pushed past him and joined the others. I knew he was worried but right now, all of us should just be worried more about Sungmin than me. Sungmin was one of the group’s aces and if he continued being sick, SJM would be in big trouble. They didn't need to care about me. They really didn't. 

You just keep telling yourself that, wook

.

Heechul’s POV

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have left.

Wahh!! Daebak! My dongsaengs hard work really paid off. The music video for Super Junior M comeback was a-ing-ma-ing-zing! I kept pest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter