Goodbyes Part. 1

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

What had Ryeowook left us? There wasn’t anyone speaking but it was clearly Ryeowook who was humming. Just hearing his voice again… Their dongsaeng. Their one and only eternal magnae. Now gone forever and all they had left of him were pictures and videos. And even those weren’t enough. Ryeowook rarely talked in interviews.

Ryeowook rarely showed his true amazing self on interviews.

Why? Because the industry wouldn’t let him. Because it was logic. Because only the ones who had better communication skills could talk, only the more good-looking ones were given more screen time. Bull. And now, now, the world had lost someone so special and amazing. So talented and beautiful, inside out. Ryeowook was never coming back.

Soon, a screen came rolling down. How did a screen get fixed at a church? No one knew how. But all they knew was that their hearts broke and shattered, twisted and clenthced at the sight on the screen. It was Ryeowook. Ryeowook was singing. So so beautifully. His soft angelic voice playing through the speakers, his expresionion so sincere, making everyone shake with tears. Ryeowook was singing. Ryeowook was quietly singing into the microphone in a white plain room and a piano in front of him and we felt his every emotion.

We, met for the first time years ago and then fell in love at first sight
Baby, wherever i go, you stand by my side like a shadow
Now and then, there are so many many things to prove our love
Even when I’m hurt, even when I fall, she’s the only one remaining by my side

Baby baby baby baby baby, let’s never break up
Oh my lady lady lady lady lady, I really love you
Shawty shawty shawty shawty shawty, the one who i choose is only you

Even to my tears, even to my little smiles.. Do you know?
That it all came from you

Ryeowook continued singing a piano version of From U with all his heart. Anyone could hear how this boy was trying hard to control his tears, but he kept on going. Ryeowook cracked his voice once a tear slid down his beautiful face. Looking around the room, the super junior member’s faces were all so wet with tears. Sungmin held on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and gently rub slow circles on the magnae’s back while Kangin was hugging Leeteuk as tight as he could. At the end of the end of the song, when Ryeowook whispered something.

“Saranghae.” Ryeowook whispered. “Mr girls, my angels.”

Ryeowook giggled and covered his mouth with his hands a little after that and some of them member broke into a smile, remembering how Ryeowook easily felt shy and embarrassed when he wanted to try to do something he never tried to do before. Ryeowook smiling on the big screen… Everyone wanted the boy back. Oh dear god, just please bring that smile back to life. Ryeowook cleared his voice and coughed a little.

 “Uhh… The song you just heard was From U. I’d like to dedicate the song to ELF’s. ELF’s who took the time to buy this album; I sincerely thank you, kamsahaminda!”

“To the best supporters, best friends, best fans in the world, I am really thankful. Mianhe, I should have told you about my condition. But I don’t want to worry you!! Oppa is fine and happy, wherever I am. Thank you for always supporting and loving me through years in Super Junior. I didn’t think I could be who I was if it wasn’t for all of you so thank you again, ELFs!”

Ryeowook chuckled sadly. “It saddens me that we won’t be able to meet anymore but I will always be there in spirit and in heart. Please continue to support Super Junior and show them love! Please love Henry and Zhou as real members! Please also don’t forget to support Hangeng gege and Kibum in their respective careers. They are people who mean so much to me so please take care of my hyungs and dongsaengs and promise me to never leave Super Junior!”

“Always believe that there is no such thing as END but an AND.” Ryeowook laughed. “Don’t cry for Oppa! Smile because oppa is finally resting in piece. Everlasting friends! Yeayyyyyy! Fighting!”

What does he think he’s doing? Laughing with those silent tears falling down his face. Ryeowook wiped those tears away and pressed a few keys on his piano. He laughed, trying to calm himself and finally looked back at the camera.

“For Leeteuk-hyung, I’m going to sing you Maybe Tomorrow! I hope you like it hyung!” Ryeowook smiled widely at the camera.

Even if I’m scared, I will find my way now
Even if I fall down several times, I will get back up
I will believe in myself again and fly
Yes, tomorrow, maybe tomorrow

Leeteuk’s fingers were hurting Kangin’s arms but Kangin didn’t mind. His hyung was counting on him to hold him. His hyung was so so broken. Leeteuk sobbed with his eyes glued on the screen, not wanting to blink. If Leeteuk were to blink, would Ryeowook disappear again? Was this the last time Leeteuk was going to see him? Leeteuk sniffled and took a deep breath. Letting go of Kangin, he followed the music. He followed Ryeowook’s beautiful voice and knelt a few centimetres from the screen. Ryeowook was so close to him.

So close to him. 

The sky is so wide
That if I fly to the light
What if I’ll never see you again?
I’m nervous

When Ryeowook ended the song, Leeteuk was already kneeling in front of the screen, his hands gently the screen. Leeteuk sobbed silently, biting onto his lips. The members wanted to pull him back to his seat, wanted to hold him but… How could they when they were just as broken as Leeteuk? How could they when they themselves wanted to go to the screen and beg Ryeowook to come out from there and just tell that that this was all a joke?

“Hyung,” Ryeowook smiled shakily with glassy eyes. “Don’t be mad. I wanted to tell you, I really did. I had it all planned in my head. But every time I wanted to tell you that I’m sick, I just… I can’t do it to you, hyung. I keep telling myself maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow but… I’m sorry if it’s too late.”

“I’m fighting cancer, hyung.”

“I’m fighting cancer and you are fighting to protect the country.”

“You’re fighting to continue living on normally with your loss. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter