Precious

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shindong’s POV

“Even I wouldn’t joke about something like this, hyung.”

“Shindong-shi, can you come down the recording studio for awhile?”

Squeezing my fist, I try to calm down. Don’t these people understand? Ever since Lee Soo Man hyungnim released the horrible news that Ryeowook was found dead in his sleep, everyone’s been getting phone calls and texts from interviewes, from magazines, from tv stations wanting to get information and interviews. The funeral wasn’t even ready for god sake! It makes me really mad thinking about this. It’s just like Leeteuk’s family incident just a few months ago. Reporters wouldn’t leave us alone! Please, please, all we were asking for is peace. I know they must be hungry for information and the members’ reactions and feelings but… Judging from how everyone was coping… The reporters would have to wait for another few weeks.

Leeteuk had passed out earlier. He wasn’t the only one. Yesung passed out too. Both of them were brought to the other room and manager hyung decided that it was best that we don’t wake them up. Leeteuk was the first one to find Ryeowook dead and worst, he didn’t even know about Ryeowook’s sickness. When Kangin told him, he burst into more tears and more screams and eventually, passed out with his hands tightly holding onto Ryeowook’s. Yesung, on the other hand, didn’t even had the time to cry. He just passed out when he told him. You might think this was funny but… You should have seen his face. You should have seen how pale he went. You should have seen how broken he looked.

I don’t know which were worst, Leeteuk and Yesung passing out or Donghae and Kyuhyun who were both glued to Ryeowook’s side, not wanting to leave or do anything else. Donghae had been crying while he hugged Ryeowook’s body while Kyuhyun… Kyuhyun just kept begging. Kyuhyun kept begging for Ryeowook to come back, kept begging for Ryeowook to open his eyes.

Sungmin, Heechul, Kangin and I decided that we were the only ones who had to stay strong for our other members. We had to put our feelings aside and think of the others. We had to think of Ryeowook first and lay him down in piece before we could finally burst.

Of course, of course I was sad. Of course, I cried. But… Crying and begging wouldn’t solve anything. With a heavy heart, I volunteered to help with the funeral arrangements. It was the least I could do for Ryeowook.

It was the only thing I could do left.

The news about Ryeowook found dead in his sleep spread like wildfire. It shook the whole world. ELFs all over the world are mourning and in denial, idols and artists have called and offered to lend a helping hand, some even offering to help arrange the funeral, some others like Yunho and Changmin dropping by once they heard the news to support us, to give us the strength we needed.

“Shindongshi? Are you there?” The person asked.

“Hyung, I’m really sorry but we’re not taking any interviews right now.” I explained as calmly as I could.

“No no, Shindong-shi, I’m not calling you for an interview.” The person on the other end of the phone said. “It’s about Ryeowook-shi. He… He left some unfinished work here.”

“I think you might want to come down and take a look.”

Yesung’s POV

“Thank you, hyung. For everything.”

Waking up with worst headache ever, I groaned and sat up on the bed. Rubbing my temple, I looked around the room. What happened? Why is Leeteuk sleeping on the other bed? Last I remembered…. I don’t even remember anything. Stepping out of the room, I paused when I saw Changmin. What was Changmin doing here?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter