Liar

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Henry’s POV

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

There was something weird going on with the hyungs. I wish I knew what they were hiding from me but I guessed it was nothing important, or maybe it was just another original Super Junior thing and didn’t want to hurt mine and Zhou Mi’s feelings by mentioning it. I pushed it aside, knowing that there was no use pondering over it. The comeback had been amazingly going on successfully in China; thank god the fans loved the new single and music video. We worked hard for it and getting so much love in return, it was worth every effort we put in.

A week later, after the crazy hectic schedules in China, we returned back to Korea to promote our new single in Korea. We had two days before our comeback performance in Korea and we had to practise almost like hell for these two days.

“Hey, where’s Wookie and Donghae hyung?”

I realized that both of them were missing ever since all the members had met up together for rehearsal at SM building. Zhou Mi and I shared the lower apartment with Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk and because all of us were so tired from all our work, we ended up oversleeping and had to go to rehearsal ourselves without manager hyung fetching us. It was weird that only Siwon was waiting for us in the dance studio. Where were Ryeowook and Donghae?

“Umm…” Sungmin shifted from one foot to the other in awkwardness. “Wookie wasn’t feeling well so Donghae’s taking care of him. But they promised to come in a bit later once Wookie feels better.”

I nodded. “Oh, alright.”

Speaking of Ryeowook and Donghae… I thought it was weird to say the truth. I meant, of course Ryeowook and Donghae had always been close but ever since they met up to get ready for comeback promotions, Donghae acted… Differently around Ryeowook. Donghae was always careful when he was around Ryeowook. And I felt kind of jealous how Donghae paid extra attention more to Ryeowook than to me. Donghae always played around with me but now, not anymore. I had accidentally overheard them talking to each other on the plane just the other day and Donghae was asking Ryeowook if he was okay and kept asking if Ryeowook wanted to puke every half an hour.

But I guess since they lived in the same apartment, they must be getting along very well plus Ryeowook and Donghae had outgoing and friendly personalities so of course they mixed around well. But… Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were also best friend. And I didn’t remember seeing them talking or even looking at each other at all while in China. It was freaky. The way they ignored each other. Zhou Mi and I knew that they were ignoring each other but no matter how we pestered them and the other members to tell us what happened, they’d just shrug it off and said that it was nothing. Honestly, Zhou Mi and I were kind of hurt, feeling left out.

“Alright, we’ll just leave Hae’s and Wookie’s space empty and continue on with practise until they get back. Come on, let’s start guys.”

We practised for about three hours, dancing without stopping, singing without stopping. You’d think it was easy. But trust me, when you have two different version and languages of the same song, you tend to get confused. And especially because I was a newbie to both Korean and Mandarin, boy, did I got so many of my parts wrong. Eunhyuk noticed that all of us looked like zombies and gave us a twenty minutes break where all the members collapsed on the floor, too exhausted to do anything else.

“Swing, never never give up, swinnnng!”

We grinned as Donghae and Ryeowook finally joined us. Donghae was, as usual, his 5 year old self, signing out and dancing around so happily while Ryeowook smiled, walking behind him. There was a plaster on his hand and when he saw me looking at it, he quickly rubbed it saying that it was nothing. Ryeowook and Donghae sat with us and all of us watched and laughed along as Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter