Chapter 17: The Twins

The Best Christmas Present Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

Amber and Kris hyung, both of them were in ICU. They lost too much blood and their conditions were very critical. Jackie noona and Amber's parents were on their way to South Korea after we told them about Amber's condition. As for Kris hyung's mom, she fainted the moment Luhan hyung told her about her son's condition. So, Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung took a flight to Canada to fetch her.

Chanyeol was stayed silent since Kris hyung was sent to the hospital. Yixing hyung, Tao and Sehun kept crying and I bet they were now crying inside the washroom.

"Baekhyunnie, I'm so worry about them. It has been two hours but there is still no news!" Jongdae was worried about Amber and Kris hyung. I knew him very well. As much as he wanted to wait in front of the ICU ward, he couldn't because of his condition.

"Pray for them, chingu-yah. There's nothing we can do besides pray. This year, too much pain for them but still, they face the difficulties strongly. We need to support them because 'We are one', remember?" Jongdae smiled when I said those words.

"Yeah, we are one, forever. I hope Kris hyung, Amber and their baby will be alright..."

 

Suho's POV

Two hours had passed. There was still no news from the doctors about Kris hyung or Amber. I felt so restless. The members were so worried about them. They looked so tired but they didn't want to go home though our manager asked them to rest at the dorm for many times.

"Chanyeol, I think you should go home and have some rest," I said to Chanyeol, who was sitting quietly. He shook his head.

"Gwenchana... I want to wait for Kris hyung," he said. I sighed. Chanyeol, our 'happy virus' also felt so down and restless.

Suddenly, the doctor who in charged with Kris hyung' case came out. His face looked so serious. I was wondering if Kris hyung was fine or not. He walked towards us.

"Are you the patient's family member?" he asked. I just nodded. Chanyeol just stayed quietly beside me.

"I'll explain Mr.Wu's condition. He is still not in the stable condition. The cut that he got is very deep so, it takes time to recover. I'll inform you if there is any good news. We'll transfer him to the general ward when his condition is stable. Right now, you can't visit him. Let him rest," he explained. Soon, he went back into the ICU ward.

"Thank God. At least we know that he's fine though his condition isn't stable yet," I said, trying to be optimistic. Chanyeol nodded. I knew he tried to be optimistic too.

Suddenly, a female doctor came out from the ICU room. That was the doctor who in charged with Amber's case. Just like the previous doctor, she went to us and asked if we were the patient's family members or not.

"Yes, we are her brothers-in-law. How's her condition, doc?" I asked her.

"She lost too much blood from the cuts especially the cuts on her hands that nearly kill her. She fell down before and it gives too much impact to her body since she's pregnant. Her condition is unstable right now and it will affect the babies inside her. I need permission from her family to do an operation so that we can save the babies," the doctor said.

"Doctor, wait! Did you just say 'babies'?" I asked to confirm her words. She quickly nodded her head.

"Yes, the patient is pregnant with the twins inside her. With her condition, she might be okay if she just has a baby inside her but since she has two babies inside, her condition will become worse and might affect those babies as well. The operation is need to save the babies' lives but I can't guarantee if the mother will survive too. But, if you don't want to do the operation, the mother and the babies might die. I know it's hard but I hope you can let us do the operation for the sake of the babies. We don't have much time...."

I was speechless for awhile. We knew that Amber was pregnant but we never knew that she had two lives inside her. Even Kris never told us that. Chanyeol looked so shocked too. The operation was needed to save the babies but we didn't have right to make the decision since we weren't her family members. Kris was not here too.

"Hyung...what do we do now? Amber and the babies are in danger...," Chanyeol said. He almost cried. My mind was blanked. I didn't know what to do.

"Doctor, please do the operation. We have to save the babies..."

Suddenly, I heard a voice came from behind. I turned around and saw Victoria noona and Zhoumi hyung.

"May I know who are you guys?" The doctor asked.

"I'm her unni and this is my husband...," said Victoria noona. The doctor nodded.

"Okay, I'll do my best to save the babies and the mother," she said. Soon, she got back into the ward.

Chanyeol and I looked at Victoria noona with a surprise look. Actually, we were confused. She disappeared the moment we reached the hospital and now, she appeared with Zhoumi hyung and said that he was her husband. Could somebody tell me what the hell is going on?

 

Zhoumi's POV

Song Qian called me and told me about Amber and Kris' conditions. After finished my schedule, I quickly went to the hospital. There, I saw Qian sat on the bench in the park of the hospital. She looked so stressful and her face looked so pale. I walked toward her.

"Qian Qian, are you alright? How's Amber? How's Kris?" I asked her. She looked up and looked at me with her teary eyes. Oh my... Our Song Qian is crying?!!

Suddenly, she stood up and hugged me tightly. She cried and cried, making my t-shirt wet. I didn't mind that as I hugged her and let her crying in my embrace. After made sure that she was fine, I asked her what was actually happened. She told me everything from A-Z. I was hurt when she told me about Kris and Amber's conditions when they found them.

"It has been two hours, right? Why don't we go and check them?" I suggested. She slowly nodded. Soon, we walked to the ICU ward.

As we reached there, we saw a doctor talked to Suho and Chanyeol. Slowly, we walked towards them. They didn't realized that we were standing near them.

"She lost too much blood from the cuts especially the cuts on her hands that nearly kill her. She fell down before and it gives too much impact to her body since she's pregnant. Her condition is unstable right now and it will affect the babies inside her. I need permission from her family to do an operation so that we can save the babies," the doctor said. We heard the doctor's explanations.

Qian Qian and I were very shocked when we heard the doctors mention the word 'babies'. We both looked at each other.

"Amber pregnant with twins? I thought there's only one inside her..," I asked Qian Qian. She also looked surprised.

"Doctor, wait! Did you just say 'babies'?" Suho asked to confirm her words. Even Suho was shocked with that news. The doctor quickly nodded her head.

"Yes, the patient is pregnant with the twins inside her. With her condition, she might be okay if she just has a baby inside her but since she has two babies inside, her condition will become worse and might affect those babies as well. The operation is need to save the babies' lives but I can't guarantee if the mother will survive too. But, if you don't want to do the operation, the mother and the babies might die. I know it's hard but I hope you can let us do the operation for the sake of the babies. We don't have much time...." The doctor continued her job to explain to Suho.

I saw Suho and Chanyeol faces. Chanyeol was about to cry while Suho's face looked so blank. Maybe, he was shocked and confused with everything that happened. Suddenly, Qian Qian stepped forward and said, "Doctor, please do the operation. We have to save the babies..."

"May I know who are you guys?" The doctor asked.

"I'm her unni and this is my husband...," she said while pointed her finger to me. Wait! What?! She said that I'm her husband?!

"Okay, I'll do my best to save the babies and the mother," she said. Soon, she got back into the ward.

Suho and Chanyeol looked at both of us with 'since-when-you-guys-become-husband-and-wife' look. I just smiled, didn't know how to explain.

"Noona...when did you come? Since when Zhoumi hyung is your husband? Do you guys are in the relationship?" Chanyeol asked. Damn. So many questions....

"Well... I accidentally mention that. I'm sorry Zhoumi...," she said. Ouch! I didn't know why but I felt a little bit hurt when she said that she accidentally said it. Oh gosh! Did I just hope it was real?

 

Kris' POV

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter