Chapter 13: Soryong's Confession

The Best Christmas Present Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV

15 minutes had passed since Min picked up Amber. Sometimes, Min took a glance at her best friend who was sitting next to her. She caught her smiling and giggling by herself.

"Amber, gwenchanayo? Why are you smiling and giggling like that? You make me scared~" Min said while driving. Amber stared at her friend and smiled.

"I'm thinking about how they will react when they realize that I'm not in the dorm. You know...it's very funny to think about that. I can't imagine my husband becomes so emotional and the others worry about me. Hahaha~" said Amber. Min sighed and shook her head.

"Hey, you know what? You shouldn't do like this to them. If I'm in Kris' place, I'm sure that I'll feel very worry about you especially when you're pregnant! Oh, Amber~ I think you should call him and tell him that you're with me," Min tried to give advice to her friend. Amber pouted.

"Yah... Lee Minyoung... I thought you're my best friend," said Amber as she kept pouting. The traffic light turned red. Min stopped the car. She looked at Amber and gave her a smile.

"Yes, I am. But, don't forget that I'm also Kris' friend. You're his wife and you're pregnant with his child. If anything happens to you, Kris will be so sad," Min tried her best to give Amber a good explanation.

"So? Min, please stop nagging like a grandma. You should support me, not trying to make me down. Aish! I don't care about him right now! I just want to have some fun with you!" Amber said, trying to stop Min from nagging too much. The light turned green and Min drove the car.

"My best friend is a stubborn pregnant woman~ I hope your child won''t be like you, Amber~ I prefer him to be like his papa~" Min teased Amber. Amber playfully pinched Min's cheek.

"Yah! I'm driving, Amber!" Min said. Amber laughed at her best friend.

"So, where do you wanna go, babe? Shopping? Movies? Bowling? Clubbing?" asked Min.

"Clubbing? Are you crazy?! Kris will definitely kill me if I go for clubbing when I'm pregnant like this!" Amber said as she pouted again. Min laughed when she saw her friend's childishness.

"Hmm.... How abut shopping for the baby? I'm 100% sure that you haven't buy anything for your child, am I right?" suggested Min. Amber slowly nodded her head.

"Yeah, you're right. Kris and those boys are too busy. They don't even have time to bring me to buy the baby stuffs," said Amber.

"Aish... Arasso! We'll buy the bay stuffs today, okay?" Min tried to cheer up her friend. Amber nodded happily. She rubbed her baby bump and said, "Baby, aunty Min is going to bring us shopping~ Are you happy?"

"Awww.... Amber, I feel so jealous with you~ Hey, have you decide what name do you want to give to your baby?" asked Min. Amber quickly shook her head.

"Not yet. I want to discuss with Kris but he seems so busy with the promotions and concerts. He often comes home late. So, we don't have time to discuss about it..." Min looked at Amber's face. She looked kinda gloomy when she talked about Kris.

As much as she wanted to cheer her up, she also understand Kris' job as an idol. Even Amber and her were just the same. Life as an idol was not easy as you thought.

 

Kris' POV

We had been searching for Amber at all the places nearby the dorm but we still couldn't find her anywhere. Luhan, Minseok and Jongdae seemed so tired. They helped me to find Amber. I felt so guilty towards them. I felt like I was a useless duizhang who always got them into trouble. I was not qualified to be a duizhang.

"Hyung! I couldn't find her anywhere!" said Jongdae as he wiped his sweat with his palm. "Me too! I think she's not around here," said Luhan. Minseok just nodded.

"Kris, what does she usually loves to do?" asked Minseok. I tried to remember the things Amber loved to do.

"Hmm... She loves to watch movies, shopping, eating, play bowling and sometimes she goes for clubbing," I said. Yup! Of course I knew the things she loved. I stalked her since she entered the company!

"I don't think she goes for clubbing. I mean...not with her baby bump. Maybe, she goes for shopping," said Jongdae. Well, he got a point there.

"Shopping, huh? Then, let's go to the nearest shopping center! Maybe, we could find her there!" suggested Luhan.

"Yup! Let's go there by taxi. I don't want to walk anymore. It's so tiring~" Jongdae started to act like a child. Minseok knocked Jongdae's head and said, "Babo! Who the hell would walk to that place? It's 10 kilometers from here!"

"Arasso. Let's get a taxi...." I said. Amber, where did you go? I was very worried about you....

 

Amber's POV

Min and I walked into the baby section. We were looking for something basic for the baby. "Umm...look what I've found!" Min said happily as she gave her phone to me. I looked at the screen and saw the list of the things that needed for the baby. Wow, she did some research just for me?! Oh, she's a good friend. I smiled at her.

"Thanks, Minyoung. Now, should we find the things that are on the list?" I asked her. She immediately nodded. Both of us walked around to find the baby stuffs.

 

Baby diapers (✓)

Baby wipes (✓)

Burp cloths

Baby shampoo/ body wash/ lotion/ powder (✓)

Towels (✓)

Baby cap

Baby comforter/ blanket/ pillow set (✓)

Baby clothes

 

"Amber, the trolley is almost full. Should I get another one?" asked Min as she stared at me with her excited face. I chuckled.

"Aigoo... Minyoung-ah~ I think you're more excited doing this than I do. I think you should find your love and get marry," I . She slightly blushed.

"Y-yah! Babo llama... I'm not beautiful and y... And also... I'm short... Who on Earth wants me as his partner? You're so lucky, Amber," she said. Her voice seemed so down. She didn't show her excited face anymore. She just looked down and pushed the trolley. Okay, I felt so guilty. I shouldn't mention about having life partner to her.

"Min, I'm sorry. I promise that I won't mention about it with you again. Please... Don't show me your sad face. I love to see you smile," I tried to comfort her. She looked at me and shook her head.

"It's not your fault, Amber. You're right. I should find another guy but...you know... I still couldn't forget about my past. You know that I used to be with Kikwang, right? Until now, I still love him. Sadly, only Hyosung is in his heart," she said. The way she talked seemed like she was trying not no cry. I pulled her into my embrace and hugged her.

"Shh...it's okay. Just cry as much as you want to. I'm here for you, my best friend," I tried to comfort her. She was crying. It made us became attention to the other people. They looked at us with why-is-that-girl-crying look. Suddenly, I saw an empty bench. I simply pushed the trolley and dragged Min along with me. We sat on the bench.

"Now, let's have some rest first before continue shopping, okay?" I said to her. She just nodded. Looked like she hasn't cool down yet. Should I buy a drink for her? "Hey, wait here! I'm gonna buy some drinks for us, okay?" I left her there and walked around, tried to find a cafe, booth or something that sell drinks.

As I was walking around the shopping mall, I accidentally stepped on slippery floor. I missed my steps and I felt like I was going to fall. Oh no...please... Somebody, save me!!! I closed my eyes, waiting for myself fell on the floor.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands holding my waist, prevented me from falling onto the floor. I was so shocked at the beginning but somehow, I felt so familiar with that touch. I opened my eyes and I saw Soryong!

"Soryong?" He smiled at me. He let go of my waist and I tried to get my balance back.

"Hi, Amber. You should be careful next time. Oh, where's Kris?" he asked me.

"Umm... He's busy. I'm here with Min but I left her at the baby section because I want to buy some drinks," I explained to him. He nodded.

"Since Kris is not here, would you like me to accompany you? I'm afraid that something bad might happen to a pregnant woman like you. For example, just now. You almost fall on the floor," he said. He was right. With my condition, I couldn't do much to protect myself and the baby from bad things.

"Fine. You can come with us. But first, I need to buy some drinks! Min is waiting for me. We've to hurry," I said. Soryong nodded. Suddenly, he held my hand and we walked together. We went to a bubble tea shop and bought 3 cups with different flavors for me, Min and Soryong.

As we were about to walk to the baby section, Soryong just stayed silent. I wondered why. Maybe he was thinking about something else. Nah, that was his life. I shouldn't be a busybody.

 

Soryong's POV

To be honest, I felt very happy to see Amber at the shopping mall!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter