Chapter 1: Prologue

The Best Christmas Present Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In year 2008...

Kevin's / Kris' POV

"Hey, did you hear about the new trainees from LA?" Yixing asked me. I shook my head. Well, it wasn't like I didn't want to know about the new trainees but most of the trainees in SM were so afraid of me. So, I better not to close to them or else they would hate me more.

"Sorry, Yixing. I'm not interest. You know...they'll hate or afraid of me as soon as they meet me just like the other trainees did," I said sincerely. I just didn't want to get hurt. My heart hurt when people tried to avoid me just because of my look. Was I too scary for them?

"Aigoo, Kevin. Don't be so sad. They don't hate you. They just afraid because you don't smile," said Yixing. He was right but it wasn't because I didn't want to smile. I was very shy!

I stared at Yixing with cold expression. Yixing just laughed at me. For some reasons, I like him. He was one of the trainees that be friend with me.

"Don't show your cold face to me, Kevin. It doesn't work on me even if you want to scare me," he said playfully. He was right. He didn't afraid of me just like the others did.

"Whatever, Yixing! Can you leave me alone? I want to sleep," I said as threw a pillow to him. With the speed of light, he caught the pillow and threw it back to me. We both threw pillow to each other for a quite some times until we heard someone entered the room.

"Kevin hyung! Yixing! Come here for awhile. I would like you guys to meet someone!" called Joonmyun. We followed him to the practice room. There, Chanyeol, Jongin, Minseok and Sehun were already there along with the other trainees.

Joonmyun wanted to introduce us to the new trainees from LA. They were two of them. They stood beside Joonmyun.

"Tsk. Another boys, huh?" I said in my mind.

"Okay. Please introduce yourself to them," said Joonmyun to the new trainees. The first trainee introduced himself to us. I really didn't have interest to know them. So, I didn't pay attention on introduction. Bla...bla...bla.. When the others clapped their hands, I just followed.

It was the other trainee's turn to introduce himself. He bowed at us and started his introduction.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Amber Liu and I'm Taiwanese American. Nice to meet you guys!" He said with a smile. Wait! Amber? That name sounds so girly. Maybe, he was a gay.

"Kevin hyung!" I snapped when I heard Joonmyun called my name. I looked around and all the eyes were glued at me.

"Kevin, it's your turn to introduce yourself to the new trainees," whispered Minseok into my ear.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Kevin Li," I introduced myself. The trainee named Amber walked towards me. Our eyes met. He smiled at me then we shook hands.

"Hi, Kevin. Nice to meet you. Hope that we can become friends," he said with a sweet smile on his face. Wait a second! His hand was too soft and his eyes were too beautiful for a guy.

"Ehem! Kevin hyung.. Amber... How long you guys gonna stare each other?" asked Joonmyun. We both let go of our hands and stared at other places.

Minseok,Yixing and Chanyeol laughed very hard as they even rolled on the floor. I glared at them and they stopped.

"Looks like Kevin hyung falls in love with Amber! Congrats, hyung!" Chanyeol laughed as there is no tomorrow.

"You're so lucky, girl. Kevin never like this before. Trust me," said Minseok to that Amber guy. Oh, wait! Did I just heard he said 'girl'?

"This guy is a girl?!!" I shouted disbelieved as I pointed my finger to Amber. Soon, the room was filled with laugh. Okay. Enough. It was embarrassing!

 


Five years later... Year 2013...

Amber's POV

In a peaceful evening, I spent my time in the cafe near SM and enjoyed delicious coffee and cake.

"Amber~" I heard someone called my name. I looked in front and saw EXO-M members except Kris walked towards me. I smiled at them. Luhan oppa and Minseok oppa ran to me as they left the others behind.

"Hi, guys. You look so happy today," I said to Luhan oppa and Minseok oppa. Soon, the other members arrived and they all grabbed the chairs and sat with me.

"Noona, how dare you didn't invite me to drink coffee and eat cake with you!" Tao pouted and he pretended to sulk. Mianhe, Tao. I wouldn't fall for your aegyo.

"It's just a waste, Tao. Amber won't fall for your aegyo," said Luhan oppa.

"Gege! You're so mean!" Tao pouted again but this time, he did to Luhan. Jongdae, Minseok oppa and Yixing oppa just laughed. Then, I looked around and tried to find Kris but I couldn't find him anywhere. I sighed in disappointment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter