Mentors

Of PenPals and Cows

  -----------------------------------

 

Subject: RE: I think it's time? 

 

Hey hey, how's my favourite person doing?  

 

So I had a funny thought,  

Since we've basically figured out we live in the same place,  

How about we meet up? It's been so long, I think it's time, don't you think? 

 

Let me know? 

 

TTYL! 

 

Xiumin   

 

  -----------------------------------

September was almost drawing to a close with Jongdae's birthday approaching fast. The weather was starting to get cold and leaves were starting to change colour, occasionally falling, and often straight into Jongdae's face as he trudged down the path to the bus stop. Grumbling at the changing weather, he boarded the bus, going straight to the boys sat at the back making the most noise.  

 

"Hey Dae, what are you doing for your birthday?" asked Chanyeol as the boy sat down.  

 

"No idea, probably just sleep all day, who's actually bothered to move on a Sunday?" said Jongdae. 

 

"We should do something man, it's your first birthday here,"  

 

"You guys make it sound as if it's my first birthday, change my nappy and give me my milky" laughed Jongdae, earning a slap to the back of the head by Kyungsoo 

 

"Video games and drinks all day, how's that sound?" asked Chanyeol. 

 

"As long as you provide the drinks dude," agreed Jongdae. 

 

"Come on guys, we're here, let's go or we'll end up trapped in the bus all day," said Kyungsoo as he pulled at Baekhyun, who was currently asleep drooling against the window. 

 

"KYUNGSOO I SWEAR TO GOD SLAP ME ONE MORE TIME." yelled Baekhyun, as he shot up rubbing his cheek and glared at the smirking boy.  

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes and got off the bus with Kyungsoo, leaving Chanyeol to tend to his wailing boyfriend. "Did you hear about the mentors we might be getting Dae? Apparently they're all from Year 12."    

 

"Yeah I heard, I just hope if I am selected I don’t get Head Prefect Kim because I just might fling myself off a cliff somewhere if I do."  

 

"You two need to calm the down, mind my language, but it's getting ridiculous now, what is up with you both?" 

 

"No idea, ever since I opened the door on his nose, he's been like that, frankly he needs to get over it because I cannot go another day listening to him talk. All he does is talk, talk, talk, and where the heck did he get the name alien from? Why am I an alien? Do I look like an alien?" rambled Jongdae, kicking the floor as he made his way to his form class.      

 

"Dae you're rambling again, come on let's go in now." Kyungsoo led the boy into the room, who immediately slumped into his chair. 

 

"Ok listen up class, now that you are all here, I can now introduce to you the new mentoring project we, as a year, are running." said their form tutor. "Selected students will be paired with a mentor from Year 12, this will benefit both of you and will ensure you are getting the best grades at the end of this year." He explained. "Those who have been selected will have their first mentor meeting later today, and your mentors have already been chosen for you."  

 

He placed a thick stack of envelopes on the desk, "When I call your name, please come to the front and take your information pack, inside will have all the details you need and the name of your mentor." 

 

As his tutor called Jongdae to the front, he suddenly felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. What if he actually did get Minseok, what if he has to spend a month of non stop mentoring with the guy who's been tormenting him every minute of the school day. Shaking his head free of the thoughts, he took the envelope and quickly made his way back to his seat. He looked at Kyungsoo and the boys wordlessly decided to open both their envelopes at the same time.  

 

"Ready?" 

 

"Ready." 

 

"Who did you get Soo?" 

 

"Some kid called Lay, who did you get?" 

 

Taking a deep breath in, he slid out the piece of paper and read the name.  

 

"Oh, some guy called Leo or something," 

 

He sighed in relief and slumped back in his chair. In the distance, he could just about hear a faint screaming. Not paying particular attention to it, he gathered his things as the bell rang, signalling the start of the day. 

 

Lunch came and the boys met up in the cafeteria, comforting a visibly shaking Baekhyun. When the boy had failed to give answers why he was in such a state, Chanyeol had stepped in to explain. 

 

"Guess who his mentor is..." 

 

"No way." 

 

"It can't be!" 

 

"It is. The fantabulous Baekhyun Byun is paired with the one and only LuHan." 

 

The boys collectively groaned as Baekhyun let out another strangled sob.  

 

"You poor thing. Wait was that screaming I heard in the morning, you?!" When Baekhyun didn't answer, Jongdae looked over at Chanyeol. 

 

"Yes it was." 

 

Recovering from his mental breakdown temporarily, Baekhyun asked the other boys who their mentors were. 

 

"I have Lay, really nice Chinese kid, transferred here a year ago." said Kyungsoo. 

 

"I got my bro Kris," Chanyeol grinned. 

 

"Leo, I have no idea who he is, I don't think I've ever seen him before." said Jongdae. 

 

"Ooooh you have Taekwoonie! His real name's Taekwoon but the people here couldn't pronounce his name so now he's Leo." squealed Baekhyun. "He's also a real cutie pie, but he's way too quiet." 

 

"So I guess it's only me with an actual demon as a mentor then?" Baekhyun asked sadly. 

 

"Yup and with that, I am off to meet with my, as so you would call it, cute mentor." Jongdae stood up and brushed himself down before grabbing his stuff and headed towards the doors. Just as he was about to open the door, it opened from the other side to reveal none other than Minseok himself.  

 

"Oh well hello there, if it isn't my favourite alien!" 

 

"Shut up Minseok."  

 

"Do you want to be in detention?" 

 

"No, sorry Head Prefect." 

 

"I thought so, now off you pop alien, I have better things to do than talk to you." Minseok sauntered off leaving Jongdae to scoff in disbelief.  

 

'Whatever I don’t even care, he's annoying' he thought.  

 

'Oh this must be the room'. He stopped at a red door with a paper sign declaring 'LEO' barely hanging on. He knocked cautiously and waited.  

 

Hearing a faint "Come in!", he took a deep breath in and opened the door. 

 

"Ah you must be Jongdae!" 

  -----------------------------------

Author Note: I'm sorry! I've just been so busy with college and stuff but I'm back! I hope you like this chapter, and thank you all for subscribing and upvoting! Love you all!!!!