Awkward moments and Pancakes

Of PenPals and Cows

 ----------------------------------- 

 

Subject: RE: My Birthday 

 

You didn't come.  

 

I'm mad at you now. 

 

 

 ----------------------------------- 

"Jonghyun, what. What are you doing here?" Jongdae just gaped at the man standing at his doorstep. 

 

"Well? Aren't you going to let me in or are you going to make me sleep on the doorstep?" joked the blond.  

 

Jongdae just gaped at him more before pulling the other into a tight hug, tears forming in his eyes. Reciprocating the hug, Jonghyun chuckled.  

 

"I missed you Jonghyun, I missed you a lot." Jongdae mumbled into Jonghyun's shoulder. 

 

"I missed you too baby bro, but um, can you tell me why there's a really creepy looking dude just staring at us?" 

 

Jongdae whirled around to see Chanyeol staring at them with wonderment.  

 

"Hey aren't you that guy?" 

 

"Uh I am a guy yes? Could you perhaps be a little more specific, there's a lot of guys here right now?"  

 

"The singing guy, you know in that weird band, I forgot what it was called, something like shiny?"  

 

"No I think you have me confused with someone else." 

 

"Oh." An awkward silence fell between the three boys, before Chanyeol piped up again. "Oh Jongdae, um, everyone kinda fell asleep in your living room..." Chanyeol scratched the back of his head awkwardly whilst Jongdae just sighed- he's been doing that lot lately ever since he moved here.  

 

"I'll bring blankets for everyone hang on." Jongdae waved Chanyeol back into the living room, motioned Jonghyun to follow him, first telling him to be quiet as not to wake their parents, and went to grab blankets for all 12 boys fast asleep, which was almost comical as the boys somehow spread themselves out in a massive circle. He pointed out his room to Jonghyun to let him set his stuff down and clean up after his long journey and left briefly only to return to a fast asleep (and drooling) Jonghyun who was currently squished up against their youngest brotherJongdae smiled at the two who were unconsciously cuddling each other, it had been almost 5 years since they saw their older brother, it was really nice to have him back.            

 

A loud snort from the far side of the room snapped Jongdae out of his reverie and saw Minseok ungracefully fall off the bed face first. He rushed over to him quickly in case the other hurt himself and tried to get him back on the bed. Minseok simply just snored louder and rolled over, cuddling into Jongdae's arm. Jongdae finally managed to hoist the other on the top, but Minseok held on to the boy causing him to topple on to the other. His eyes widened and began to frantically move away which caused Minseok to hold on tighter and Jongdae had no other options but to just stay where he was. 'This isn’t so bad I guess, he is rather warm...' he thought before shaking his head to get rid the thought. 'He is really cute when he's sleeping though' he thought, Minseok immediately let out a loud snore, and grimaced like he was about to puke, Jongdae was quick to take the thought back. 'Maybe not.' He shifted, trying to get comfortable seeing as the other wasn't going to him go anytime soon, causing Minseok to also shift slightly so his arms were tightly wrapped around Jongdae's middle and his head rested in the crook of the other's neck. Minseok's soft breaths soon lulled him to sleep. 

 

Minseok groaned, his head hurt and it felt like he was being crushed and the sunlight in his face didn’t help at all. He groaned again and groggily opened his eyes, squinting as he looked directly into the source of the bright light. He tried to shield his eyes, only to find he couldn't move his arm. Beginning to panic, he tried to sit up only to find he couldn’t do that either. A soft groan was heard and he turned towards the source to see Jongdae sprawled out on top on Minseok. The boy froze and stared at the other sleeping, the boy often sniffing and twitching. Jongdae began stirring, opening his eyes- not being able to focus properly- mouth slightly parted, rubbed his eyes and turned towards Minseok. 'Oh he's cute' thought Minseok, he was still frozen, staring at the other, until the other realised exactly where he was sleeping (though later Jongdae admitted he'd rather sleep on top of Minseok than the bed as he was more comfortable). The boys stared at each other for what felt like an eternity, until Jonghyun- who was awake before everyone else, he just enjoyed the strange boy in the room freak out- told the pair to quit staring at each other and kiss already, causing Jongdae to turn a brilliant shade of red.  

 

Minseok was the first to quickly look away, also turning bright red to match the other, scrambling to his feet and running out of the room as quick as he could, before sheepishly slinking back in to the room. 

 

"Um...where's the bathroom...?" 

 

Jongdae was still too frozen to speak, still red and still staring at the space Minseok was. Minseok just stood at the door frame awkwardly, Jonghyun watching the boy watching Jongdae and softly smiled.  

 

"It's probably downstairs, check in the rooms there." said JonghyunMinseok stuttered his thanks and ran downstairs, not wanting to be in the room any longer, and Jonghyun chuckled. A small grunt came from beside him and he looked down to see Jongdeok awakening. Taking a few minutes to fully wake up, Jongdeok finally focused on Jonghyun before jumping into his arms. 

 

"JONGHYUN YOU'RE HOME! I MISSED YOU!" yelled the younger as he held on tighter to Jonghyun. 

 

"I missed you too baby bro, I missed you both." Jonghyun also holding on tight.  

 

A shrill yelp caused the two to turn and witness the mental breakdown their brother was having. The boy just flopped back on to the bed face first and screamed into the pillow. The other two boys just looked at each other, laughed and piled on top on Jongdae. 

 

After the boys had managed to drag Jongdae downstairs for breakfast, Jongdae suddenly remembered the 12 boys still in his living room. Quickly running back to the room, he came across the funniest sight. Baekhyun had somehow migrated from Chanyeol to Luhan and the pair were in the tightest cuddle ever seen, the pair were definitely going to die in shock when they were finally up. He pulled out his phone and snapped pictures, just in case he needed Baekhyun to do him a favour. Tao was being held down by Kris which Tao did not appreciate in the slightest, Suho was sprawled all over Lay and Lay was almost on top of Sehun and Kai who were curled up in the foetus position. The others were either in the armchairs or curled up on the sofa like sardines, or in Chanyeol's case, half on the chair and half on the floor. Jongdae lightly kicked the boy awake, proceeding to wake the others up, except leaving Luhan and Baekhyun sleeping soundly.  

 

Jongdae just watched by the side lines, watching the boys scoff all the pancakes his brothers had made. How they managed to get honey and maple syrup EVERYWHERE was beyond him but there was no way he was going to clean all that up, nope no way, and left the kitchen, well tried as he got dragged back in by Jonghyun. His protests were cut off by a shrill scream, which indicated either Luhan or Baekhyun had finally woken up. The boys all looked up as they heard the continuous screams, grinned and carried on devouring the sweet treats, with only Chanyeol looking mildly concerned about the commotion. Luhan and Baekhyun soon entered the kitchen, both looking dishevelled and tired, and throwing deadly looks at each other every so often. Luhan went straight over to Minseok who had his arms wide open for the boy, whilst Baekhyun plopped down beside Chanyeol who ended up feeding him like a baby.  

 

"Jongdae? Honey? What's with all the screaming?" his mother called down from the stairs.  

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen as he heard their mother come down the stairs to investigate and immediately sought for a hiding place.  

 

"Jongdae, hide me quick, quick, please." he begged as he began to pace the kitchen. Just as Jongdae managed to stuff his brother into an empty storage cupboard, their mother popped her head into the kitchen and saw the huge mess the boys had made.  

 

"Good morning boys," she greeted the staring boys, 

 

 "What is all this mess?" she frowned, knowing she had hours of clean up ahead of her- Jongdae said he would, but knowing him, he probably already forgot. 

 

Jongdae nervously laughed, "um the boys stayed over last night so we made them breakfast and I guess we didn’t realise they'd be this messy..."  

 

"Fine, let me know when they leave." said his mother after what felt like an eternity and made her way back up stairs.  

 

Jongdae let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding, and a knock from the far end of the kitchen rang out.  

 

"Dae, is she gone yet?"  

 

"Yeah you can come out now."  

 

"Oh thank god, I thought I was going to die in there!" Jonghyun said, as he climbed out and brushed himself down.  

 

The others just gaped at Jonghyun, who just laughed.  

 

"Don’t worry about it guys, just finish eating already." He said, as he could tell the boys were itching to know.  

 

An hour later, the boys were ready to leave, they had tried their best to clean the living room as best as they could before giving up. One by one, they all left in the groups they had arrived in the night before, leaving Minseok to be the last to leave. He stood awkwardly in the doorway with Jongdae, neither saying a word.  

 

"Um..." 

 

They both started at the same time, both getting more and more flustered.  

 

"Go on..." Jongdae urged Minseok to carry on. 

 

"I...erm..I just wanted to..erm.. say sorry for yesterday..." Minseok managed to cough out, turning bright red in the process. He went to turn towards the door to leave, before stopping and faced Jongdae 

 

Mumbling under his breath, he forced himself to retain eye contact with the other. 

 

"I...sorry..." he mumbled, half of it hard to understand, before embracing the confused boy in a tight, warm hug, and then ran out the door before Jongdae could come back to his senses. In the back, Jonghyun and Jongdeok snickered away at the two, laughing at the obvious tension between them.  

 

"Huh." was all Jongdae could say in his daze.           

 ----------------------------------- 

Author's Note: sorry.... but look at the awesome poster CynfulPride made for me!!! ITS AWESOME DON'T Y'ALL THINK????!!!!