Rainy Days

Of PenPals and Cows

 

--------------------  

From: [email protected] 

 

Subject: RE: I DARE YOU TO DO IT PINK 

 

Thanks, you're too nice to me<3 

 

The idiot dyed it some ridiculous pink colour but I think he might be changing it again, this kid is ruining his hair, what is he doing?! The person he's trying to impress too keeps changing his hair colour too, I think it might be a battle of hair or something, I give up! 

 

Talking of cows, my mum the other day got attacked by one apparently! She was walking home with that guy I told you about and a cow was following her so she ran and it ran after her, I know I shouldn't be laughing at that but when the cow was chasing her, it knocked over the guy and next thing I know I'm opening the door for two people completely soaked in mud!  

 

Oooh I love the pictures thanks! I printed them and put them up on my huge photo wall! They came out really nicely! I think I recognise the area! There's this really nice café I like visiting there actually! 

 

Anyways TTYL! 

 

Xiumin  

 

--------------------  

 

6:30. Another day of school, another day of hell. Dragging himself out of bed, he ran his fingers through his knotted hair and shuffled towards the bathroom. He was exhausted; if that was the right word, BaekhyunChanyeol and Kyungsoo had kept him in the café until it was almost midnight, how he let them do so- he had no idea. About 4 cups of coffee later, he managed to pry himself off the comfortable sofa he called Chanyeol and stumbled back home, full of energy and caffeine. He had also somehow avoided a lecture from his parents, who were surprisingly glad he came home late, he'd finally made friends he deemed worthy enough to stick by.  

 

Picking up his toothbrush, he started to brush his teeth. He examined himself in the mirror and grimaced. 'I look like ' he thought, rinsing his toothbrush and placing it back into the container. He dressed as slowly as he could, trying to avoid the fact he had to go to school, who knew what would happen next. Maybe he'd trip up the head teacher by accident? He just had to open a bloody door on the head prefect's stupid nose on the first day of school, what luck.  

 

"Dae honey, are you done? You'll miss the bus!" his mother called. 

 

"I'm almost done! I'll be down in a bit!" he called back. 

 

He picked up his bag and swung it onto his shoulder and walked downstairs, where his mum was preparing breakfast. Grabbing a banana, he set off for the bus stop. As he trudged down the path, black clouds started to roll in, darkening the whole town. Thunder started to rumble as the clouds let out all the rain it was holding on to a poor unsuspecting Jongdae. As the first drop of rain hit Jongdae square in the forehead, he ran. He ran so fast to the bus stop, he could've competed in the Olympics. The rain soaked him to the bone and the path was becoming dangerously muddier. In the distance he could see the bus slowly rolling up the path, he wished for it to be quicker, he hated being wet, especially in his uniform. Soon enough, he boarded the bus, dripping water as he made his way to the back where the other three boys were sat. He squelched as he flopped down into his, causing him to groan with discomfort.  

 

"You didn't check today's weather did you?" 

 

"Is it obvious?" 

 

He spent the whole of tutor in the boys' bathroom, desperately trying to dry his clothes as best as he could. On the way to the school, Baekhyun had let Jongdae under his umbrella, not that it even made a difference- he was already wet. The bell rang and he gave up, his uniform only slightly damp now and plodded towards his first class, his wet shoes squeaking against the ground.  

His first classes- English Literature and Language- went by quicker than he'd expected, his break spent with Chanyeol stuffing their faces with food they bought at the canteen before heading off to his Psychology class. He chose a seat near the front of the class and sat down, shrugging off his jacket and bag. He began to take out his notebook and pen when the door opened and heard a familiar voice. Jerking his head up, he made eye contact with the one person he really did not want to see today.  

 

"Listen up class! We have a special person with us today! One of our star Psychology students from Year 12 shall be joining us today, as part of his research so please answer his questions if he asks you and treat him with respect." the teacher nudged Minseok, asking him to introduce himself. 

 

"Hello everyone, I'm Head Prefect Minseok, and I hope we can work well together." He smiled, scanning the room full of the younger students, until his eyes landed on the one person he couldn’t stand already.  Maintaining the eye contact with the younger boy, he continued, "I hope you can answer my questions as honestly as you can, after all my end of year grade depends on all of you."  

 

As he made his way to the back of the class, to allow the teacher to get on with his lesson, he "bumped" into Jongdae's table causing his notebook to fall down. Sighing, Jongdae ignored Minseok's sarcastic sorry's and bent down to pick it up.  

 

The lesson went on, with Minseok occasionally asking students questions, and boring holes into the back of Jongdae's head with his staring. By the end of the class, he had asked every student excluding Jongdae, he explained that he had more than enough answers than was needed and there was no need for the whole class to participate, making the younger huff in disbelief and start packing his things up. As usual he was the last to exit the class, with Minseok still talking to the teacher about his work. He turned and headed out the door when he was shoved out of the way causing him to fall hard on his arm, his glasses falling and snapping as it hit the ground. A hand was offered to him and he looked up, only to see Minseok's smirking face.  

 

"Need a hand?" he asked 

 

"Not from you, no." the younger retorted, shoving the hand away.  

 

He groaned as he picked himself up, his wrist hurting from the fall, and picked up his broken glasses, putting them in his pocket for safe keeping.  

 

"You should've seen where you were going." Minseok said as he breezed past.  

 

"You should've seen where you were going, yeah right you broke my glasses you major asshole." Jongdae muttered to himself as he walked to the canteen, well he hoped he was going to the canteen, he couldn’t see anything.   

 

"Jongdae? Is that you?" a familiar came from behind him. He turned and squinted at the figure in front of him. 

 

"JunmySuho?"  

 

"Ah hello Jongdae, how are you? I noticed you were stumbling around a bit, I was wondering if you were okay?" 

 

"I'm ok, but my wrist hurts and I can't see a single thing." He tried to focus on Suho's face but it was too blurry, his head starting aching and it felt like a thousand hammers were pounding away in his skull, he really needed his glasses.   

 

"What happened? Your wrist looks swollen!" Suho said, gently inspecting the boy's wrist. "Come on I'll take you to the nurse."  

 

"I fell earlier, I was pushed," He hesistated to tell Suho that it was actually his brother who had put him in this situation. "My glasses broke too and my contacts are at home." 

 

Suho gently guided Jongdae to the nurses office, making sure he didn't trip over random students on the way.  

"Back again Mr Kim?" The nurse raised an eyebrow, not many people visited the nurse in two consecutive days. "You didn't open a door on someone else's face did you?" she joked. 

 

Jongdae shook his head, "I fell and hurt my wrist," he held out his swollen left wrist. His face contorted into pain as she examined it.  

 

"It's a little bit sprained, dear, not broken and nothing to worry about," she wrapped a bandage around his wrist to support it and advised him to take some pain killers when he can. 

 

Suho wrapped his arm around Jongdae and led him towards the canteen, to get his lunch, and towards his friends. Once Suho was happy the boy was ok, he left, bidding Jongdae goodbye. The boy smiled and waved at Suho 

 

"What happened Dae?" Kyungsoo fussed, noticing the bandage.  

 

"I fell earlier, no big deal, just a slight sprained wrist, and I broke my glasses." He explained, waving his hand to show he was fine. "Now let's eat, I'm starving!"  

 

"Jongdae, why are you eating spaghetti with a spoon?"  

 

"Oh. Sorry." 

 

From: Xiumin 19:45 9/9/14  

I'm so bored, football practice just ended but I don’t feel like going home  

 

To: Xiumin 20:03 9/9/14 

I'm doing my homework on the roof lol  

 

From: Xiumin 20:06 9/9/14 

Room for one more?  

 

To: Xiumin 20:09 9/9/14 

Of course ;)

--------------------  

Author Note: Woo update!! :D asdfghjk Overdose sounds so good, don't you think?? :D