In the middle of nowhere!

Of PenPals and Cows

-----------------------------------

To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Why is this happening to me??

Hey Min!

Guess what? I'm moving :( my mum just told us we're moving to the countryside, can you believe that!?? I don't think I'll be able to survive the countryside! T__T We're moving somewhere up Yorkshire idk I just remember a ton of fields! Say, where did you say you lived again? Maybe you can come and finally visit haha. I'm being transferred to a new school too, not looking forward to that at all, I won't know anyone!! T__T 

Anyways that's all I wanted to let you know for now cause I might be gone a few days, the internet is terrible at the minute (I'm typing this in the car right now!) and we haven't fixed it at the new house yet, also stupid Jongdeok keeps trying to look at this

How is your day going? Hopefully better than mine!

Write back soon!    

Chenzi! 

-----------------------------------

Jongdae sighed. He didn't want to start a new school now. A new school meant making new friends and new teachers and new routines. So when his parents announced, quite happily, they were moving to the countryside, he just sighed. He adjusted his ear phones and tried to block out his mum yelling, his dad yelling back just as loud, and his stupid brother constantly trying to get his attention so he could spout random pieces of unnecessary trivia. He already missed London, he was used to the heavy traffic and the yelling of angry commuters and the stuffy buses. He looked out the window and all he saw were fields. Field after field, it was getting really repetitive and it was lulling him to sleep as they drove past. He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.

"Dae honey, we're here! Wake up!" his mother shook him awake. He groggily opened his eyes and looked out. It was dark but sure enough he could see the faint outline of a small homely cottage. Lights inside the cottage came on and the front porch light illuminated the area. He could see that there were at least 7 other cottages in the area too. His father came out of the house and walked up to the car. 

"Come on Dae, you have to help us move some of the things in the car inside" he turned to Jongdae's mother, "the moving people just called, they said they'd be here early morning." Jongdae slowly slid out of his seat and got out of the car, *splat* he looked down and saw his left leg covered in what looked like mud, he groaned and shook some of the mud off. 

'I ing hate this' he thought as he took the boxes of clothes out of the boot. Holding the box with 'Jongdae!!!' conveniently scrawled over one side, he made his way up the stairs to what would be his new room for the rest of his life. Well, just as soon as he completed the rest of the 3 years he had left of school. Upstairs had two rooms and a small toilet. His mum told him, when they bought the cottage, that he'd have to share with his bratty little brother. He didn't want to do that, but arguing wouldn't have solved anything. 

He walked in to his new room and set down the box. The room was the largest and bare except for where the mattresses lay- their beds would arrive tomorrow morning but his father had already transferred the mattresses over last week. The white walls were definitely not inviting at all. He exited the room and went to peek into the other rooms on the top floor. His parents room was smaller, and a small toilet room- the large bathroom was downstairs. He noticed a small door and opened it. 

Leading up, was a steep staircase. He found a light switch and turned it on as he made his way up. At the top was another door which he opened to reveal the rooftop. He didn't think his parents even knew of this place. Making his way closer to the middle of the roof top, he sat down and looked up. He saw stars he never even thought he’d ever see (the pollution in London meant that it was rare to even be able to see a single star). 'Maybe the countryside isn't that bad I guess' he thought as a wave of calmness overcame him. He could feel the cool breeze as he sat, and heard the nightlife come alive. 

"Jongdae? Where are you? Come down please!" he could hear his mother call. He quickly got up and dusted himself down and ran down the stairs. 'I'll keep this to myself for a while' he thought as he made his way down to see what his mum wanted.

"Before you go to bed, I just wanted to let you know that the movers would be here at 8am and I want you to help your father with the furniture, is that ok?" she asked.

"I guess so. It's not like I have anything else to do" he replied. 

They had a quick dinner- what ever his mum could make with the lack of pots and pans and food. As he made his way back up to his makeshift bed, his phone beeped. He checked his phone and saw he had a text message. 'That’s funny I didn't think the bloody countryside would even have service' he opened it.

From: Xiumin!  23:45 6/9/14

Hey, just got your email! I hope its okay to text seeing as your internet’s down for a while! My day was good! I ended up playing football all day heh >_< Don't worry man, you'll get used to country!!

He smiled and went to type his reply

To: Xiumin! 23:47 6/9/14

Urggggh I got out of the car and the first that happened was a giant pile of mud. I freaking stepped in it!! T__T Are you going to finally join the football team then? I think you should! Anyways I should getting to bed now, the movers will be here at 8am. Goodnight!

He locked his phone and and set it aside, climbed into bed and waited for Xiumin's reply. He could hear Jongdeok already snoring away. He waited for 5 minutes but ended up sleeping, dreaming of nothing for the rest of the night. 

From: Xiumin! 23:54 6/9/14

Goodnight!! ^_^

-----------------------------------

Author note: Ahhh my first story! This idea has been stuck in my head for ages now and I've only had the chance now to start typing it up! I hope you enjoy it! and hopefully in the future the chapters won't be as boring or short! ( ˘ ³˘)♥