Forgiveness and Dreams

Of PenPals and Cows

----------------------------------- 

To: Minseok 07:30 25/9/14

After school, café, 5pm

From: Minseok 07:32 25/9/14

Ok.

----------------------------------- 

Jongdae was tired. He couldn’t sleep all night, the tears from last night drained him but no matter what he tried, he just couldn’t sleep. So when Kyungsoo waved hello at him, he could only muster up a weak wave and a grunt.

“Jongdae, you look like death, what happened.” Asked Kyungsoo.

“Couldn’t sleep.” Yawned Jongdae, plopping himself down next to Kyungsoo and resting his head on the boy’s shoulder, promptly falling asleep.

When the bus drove up to their stop, Kyungsoo lightly shook the other awake and whispered “dude, wake up, we’re here and will you please stop Minseok staring at me.”

The other woke up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, and focused onto a staring Minseok who was only a few seats away from the pair. Minseok blushed red when he realised he got caught and hid, Luhan snickering away at the embarrassed boy.

“Huh?” was all Jongdae could say, not actually hearing what Kyungsoo said, nor did he actually notice Minseok staring.

“Idiot,” said Kyungsoo, rolling his eyes at the dazed boy, and pulling him off the bus.

Luhan just continued laughing at Minseok. “I can’t believe you got jealous over that!” he said as tears fell from laughing so hard.

“Shut up! I didn’t get jealous!” said Minseok defensibly, still blushing.

“Yes you did! You were totally jeal- OW MINSEOK!” Luhan rubbed the sore spot on his head from where the other hit him.

“Shut up when I tell you to shut up next time! Come on we’re gonna be late to class.” Minseok grabbed his backpack and stomped off.

“Stupid Luhan, and his stupid jealousy, he’s so stupid,” muttered Minseok to himself, not looking where he was going when he bumped into another figure.

“Ugh stupid wall,” he said, rubbing his nose, still looking down.

The figure turned around and clipped Minseok on the head.

“Ow!” Minseok yelled, looking up to see Kris looking down at him. “What was that for?!”

“You called me a stupid wall!”

The two continued to bicker on until the bell rang for the start of the day. By lunchtime, Minseok was still muttering to himself intensely over what had happened in the morning that he didn’t notice Jongdae sitting down next to him. The boy looked at the other, smiled and rest his head on his shoulder. Minseok froze when he felt a head rest on him, slowly he turned to his head to see a sleeping Jongdae. The other blushed and shifted to let the boy get comfortable and continued eating. It was only when the bell rang, signalling the end of lunch, that Jongdae woke up from his slumber, smiled sleepily at Minseok, grabbed his bag and walked off to his class. Minseok could only smile like a sap back at the other.

----------------------------------- 

When Minseok got home, he was panicking. Jongdae had texted him in the morning, wanting to meet after school and he had no idea what to wear. He was aware this wasn’t a date, especially not after what had happened yesterday, but he was more concerned over what Jongdae would say if he didn’t make an effort to look good. Eventually deciding on a pair of skinny black jeans, a white shirt with a white and black t-shirt on top, he slowly made his way to the café where Jongdae was waiting.

With ten minutes to spare, Minseok ordered a small cup of tea and sat in a small booth by the window.

Jongdae was nervous. He wanted everything to be okay with Minseok, he wanted Minseok, but he was nervous, scared he wouldn’t be enough for the other. He shook his head free of his thoughts, and quickly walked into the café, spotting Minseok in his favourite booth. He made his way over and sat opposite the other. Minseok looked up and slid a steaming hot cup of tea in front of the other. He had seen Jongdae make his way over and ordered for him before he got to the café.

“Thanks.” Said Jongdae, cradling the cup in his hands, and taking a sip. “My favourite too!”

“I remembered you mentioning it in one of your letters…”

“Ah, I’m glad you remembered then.”

The two fell into a comfortable silence, glancing at each other occasionally. Jongdae watched the other as he sipped his tea, how his cheeks pinked slightly because of the heat, and how his eyes closed as he tried to savour the hot drink. He watched at the other occasionally glanced out the window, watching people hurriedly walk by, as they made their way home from work and school. He watched the way his fingers would drum against the cup and how he would sometimes make eye contact with Jongdae and then quickly looking away smiling softly. It felt like ages when Jongdae finally spoke, breaking their silence.

“I forgive you.”

Minseok looked startled. “What?”

“I forgive you, I forgive you for keeping this from me, and for picking on me when I first came here. I want us to start over.”

“T-thank you, I really am sorry about everything Jongdae.”

Jongdae took the other’s hand in his own and smiled radiantly. “It’s okay Minseok.”

Minseok smiled back and gave Jongdae’s hand a squeeze.

“Hi my name is Jongdae, and I moved here a little while ago. I also go by the name Chen, but you can call me Jongdae.”

Minseok chuckled. “Hi there, I’m Minseok and I’ve lived here all my life, I sometimes go by the name Xiumin but that’s only for close friends. You can call me by either, I don’t mind.”

The pair laughed and spent the entire afternoon talking, Minseok at one point asked Jongdae on a date which Jongdae happily accepted.

----------------------------------- 

“So DaeDae, what you gonna do on this little date of yours?” giggled Baekhyun, which caused Kyungsoo to punch the boy in the arm, Baekhyun whimpered and hid in Chanyeol’s chest. The three of them were currently piled on Jongdae’s bed, offering- ‘yeah as useful as my arse hair’ thought Jongdae- advice for his first date.

“Movies probably, I dunno, he didn’t tell me anything, just the time.” Said Jongdae, rubbing the back of his neck as he stood in the middle of the room. Baekhyun suddenly clapped his hands and sat up, eyes shining.

“Ok, I know what we should do to you. Minseok won’t be able to resist you!”

Jongdae could only whine loudly as Baekhyun dragged him off, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol chuckling at the sight.

In the bathroom, Baekhyun sat the other down on the edge of the bath tub and told him to stay as still as possible.

“Close your eyes please.”

“Why?”

“Shush, close, now.”

Grudgingly, Jongdae closed his eyes, and could hear Baekhyun rummaging through a small bag. Soon, he felt the other take his glasses off and apply a weird sort of pressure on his eyes, and Jongdae groaned. Baekhyun finally let him open his eyes, it felt like hours for Jongdae. He tried to get up but Baekhyun only sat him down again.

“Wait until I’m finished please!”

Jongdae groaned again, a little louder than before.

Baekhyun got to styling the boy’s hair, struggling to tame it before spraying it into an updo which showed off Jongdae’s forehead.

“Baaaekkkk,” he whined, “why, I don’t like my forehead it’s too big!”

“It’s cute now quiet. Go put your contact lenses in.”

“BAEKHYUN NO PLEASE!” Jongdae pleaded, “ANYTHING BUT THAT!” He pouted when Baekhyun refused further.

“Jongdae, no amount of puppy eyes and pouting is going to work with me, Chanyeol is my boyfriend remember.”

“Okay fine.” He said, as he stomped over to the cabinet. “Happy now?”

“Yes, you look hot, now come on.”

Back in his room, Kyungsoo was searching through Jongdae’s clothes, trying- and failing- to find something decent enough for him to wear.

“Jongdae, do you not own any colour at all?”

“Says the one whose entire wardrobe is black too…”

“Touché.”    

Kyungsoo pulled out a dark blue button up shirt and tossed it at the other, which caused Baekhyun to shriek, “You almost ruined his hair Soo!”

Kyungsoo only rolled his eyes at him and continued digging through the closet. Eventually he found a pair of ripped skinny jeans and tossed it at Jongdae, who only complained that those particular jeans were too tight. It took one glare from Kyungsoo to send Jongdae running to the bathroom to dress, Kyungsoo just smirked. When Jongdae shuffled back in the room, the trio whistled at the boy who blushed bright red at their reaction. Jongdeok, who had been asleep the whole time- honestly Jongdae didn’t understand how his brother could sleep through anything- woke at the loud hollering and pelted them with pillows until they died down.

“Oops sorry!” they apologised, and Jongdeok just grunted in annoyance and fell back asleep.

“Dang, you look hot though, if I wasn’t taken…” Baekhyun winked at Jongdae, who yelled at Chanyeol to control his piece of boyfriend.

A loud tone came from Jongdae’s phone and both Jongdae and Baekhyun dove for the phone. As much as Jongdae tried, Baekhyun was victorious and opened the message he received. He giggled as he read the message, and handed it back to Jongdae who blushed when he read it, it was from Minseok.

To: Jongdae 4/10/14 18:30

Can’t wait to see you soon! (*/ω\*)

From: Jongdae 4/10/14 18:32

I can’t wait to see you too (ノv`*)

He fumbled to put his phone in his pocket and almost tripped over his own feet trying to walk over to his shoes, the trio laughed at the poor boy. Jongdae ignored them and focused on typing up his shoes.

“I’m going now, get your arses out of my house.”

He made his way down the stairs as quietly as possible to avoid his parents, who would certainly have a thousand questions over the way he currently looked. As he reached the front door, he yelled to his parents. “Mum, Dad! I’m going out with my friends, I’ll be back late!”

“Alright honey, have fun!”

The door shut with a soft click,

“Enjoy your date Dae.” Whispered Baekhyun in Jongdae’s ear when the boy hugged him. Jongdae bid the boys goodbye before he set off for the fountain where Minseok said to wait.

----------------------------------- 

He made it to the fountain early, the cold was starting to nip at him and he wished he’d bought a jacket with him. The sun had already set when Jongdae left the house, and the stars shone brightly in the dark sky. He admired the shining lights in the town square and the calming sound of the rushing water. He sat down on the edge of the fountain and closed his eyes as he took in the busy sounds around him.

“Falling asleep already Jongdae?”

Jongdae chuckled, not opening his eyes, and reached out for Minseok’s hand. Minseok gladly took the other’s hand and pulled him in close for a hug.

Jongdae opened his eyes, smiled and returned the hug.

“Being with you is like a dream, Minseok.” 

-----------------------------------