The Wedding Part 1.

Of PenPals and Cows

----------------------------------- 

“Min! Have you seen my tie?!” yelled a frantic Jongdae who was currently destroying his entire wardrobe for said item.

Minseok chuckled when he walked into the room to see Jongdae sulking under a pile of clothes.

“Come on you sulky baby, I have your tie here,” Minseok said, holding up the dark blue tie.

Jongdae pouted more as he got up from the pile and made his way over to Minseok. He wrapped his arms around the elder which made Minseok laugh louder and hold Jongdae closer to him. Jongdae rested his head on Minseok’s shoulder, and Minseok responded by running his fingers through Jongdae’s soft hair gently.

“What would I do without you?” mumbled Jongdae into Minseok’s shoulder.

“What would I do without you as well, my love.”

Jongdae held on tighter to the older boy, occasionally lifting his head up to receive small kisses from Minseok.

Minseok had come over to stay for the weekend, leading up to Jonghyun’s wedding. Jongdae was shy, blushing bright red when he mentioned staying over to Minseok, who only looked at him fondly and agreed. They had spent the weekend preparing for the wedding, doing last minute check-ups whilst Jonghyun moped in the corner, whining about the lack of Kibum in the house.  

“But as much as I am loving this right now, we do have a wedding to get ready for, you are the best man after all.”

Jongdae reluctantly pulled away from Minseok as Minseok began fixing Jongdae’s appearance. Quickly but neatly, he sorted Jongdae’s askew collar, smoothed out he wrinkles caused by the clothes pile, and tied his tie. As he finished tying the tie, Minseok pulled on it, bringing Jongdae closer to kiss him soundly. A few kisses later, Minseok pulled away, leaving Jongdae flushed and red faced.

“You’re so handsome Dae.” Whispered Minseok into Jongdae’s ear. “Let’s go down now, yeah?”

Jongdae nodded dumbly and followed Minseok downstairs.

----------------------------------- 

“JONGDAE!” yelled a panicking Jonghyun as he rushed into the living room. “Dae baby, where’s my tie? I can’t find it, Kibum is going to kill me, I haven’t even brushed my hair yet,” rambled Jonghyun, whilst Minseok looked on in the situation in amusement. ‘These brothers are exactly the same’ he thought.

“Hyung! Calm down!” said an equally panicked Jongdae.

Minseok looked over at Jongdeok, who was also watching the pair panic.

“Are you going to help them?” asked Minseok, and Jongdeok shrugged before walking in and placing his hands on his older brothers’ heads.

“Hyungs. Calm.” He said softly. The older boys looked up at a smiling Jongdeok.

“Jonghyun hung, your tie is where you left it in the bathroom. Jongdae hyung, stop whining oh my god, my ears can’t take it anymore.”

Jonghyun nodded meekly and ran off whilst Jongdae just stayed silent, eyes shining with tears.

“Jongdae?” said Jongdeok softly, kneeling down beside the other. “What’s wrong?”

“Our brother is getting married,” Jongdae said after a while. “Can you believe it?”

Jongdeok smiled, “Of course, it’s a new chapter in his life, I’m happy for him, we’re all happy for him aren’t we hyung?”

Jongdae nodded, “I’m just so happy, that he’s happy you know? I’m so glad we found each other again, that’s how it was always supposed to be.”

“My brother is such a sap, stop it or you’ll make me cry as well.” Jongdeok went to wipe a tear away from Jongdae’s face, who was startled when he realised he was crying.

A small sniff was heard behind Minseok, who jumped in surprise, only to find Jonghyun watching his two younger brothers. Minseok smiled and offered a hug to the older man.

“He’s lucky to have you Minseok, keep him happy okay?”

“I will hyung, I will.” Minseok said, watching Jongdae with adoration.

“Hyung’s at Jinki hyung’s house right?” Minseok asked Jonghyun, who nodded in agreement. Kibum was currently staying over at Jonghyun’s closest friend’s house, whilst the brothers had the house to themselves to get ready for the day. It was lonely without Kibum, Jonghyun felt. Jonghyun knew that soon they would see each other again, but it felt like they were too far apart for far too long.

“Uh hyung…”

“Yeah?”

“Your face is doing the creepy thing again.”

“Heh…”

----------------------------------- 

As Minseok finished getting ready, he sat Jongdae down in the bathroom and started work on him. He styled Jongdae’s newly dyed honey blond hair up and let him wear his contacts. Jongdae sat quietly, letting Minseok do whatever he was doing, and enjoyed the feeling of Minseok’s fingers running through his hair with product.

“Just one more thing…” mumbled Minseok as he grabbed the eyeliner from his bag. Applying a subtle layer on him, Minseok stepped back and let Jongdae look in the mirror.

Stood there was someone Jongdae didn’t think existed, like, ever.

“My baby’s always handsome, don’t you think?” said Minseok with a slight smirk, back hugging the other. As expected, Jongdae could only blush.  

The doorbell rang and Minseok broke away to answer the door letting Jongdae slip away to the living room. Minseok opened the door to reveal a handsome Junmyeon in blue waiting.

“Hey Junnie, come in, we’ve been waiting for you.”

“Ah yeah, mum delayed me a bit, she didn’t like that we were going to a gay wedding so I had to run when she finally finished her dumb rant,” said Junmyeon, rolling his eyes at his mother’s silly words.

“Anyways, are we all set? I’ve got the driver waiting for us.”

“Yep, lemme go see if the boys are ready, you would not believe the morning Jonghyun hyung’s had, he’s been all over the place, Jongdae was no better!” said Minseok with a chuckle.

“Jonghyun hyung! Are you all ready now?”

A muffled ‘yes’ was heard and Minseok popped his head round the corner to see Jonghyun engulfed in a hug with his two younger brothers.

“I love you guys too, but I…need…air…” gasped Jonghyun, and the boys only laughed and held him tighter.

Minseok and Junmyeon laughed louder, before joining them, causing all the boys to laugh even louder.

Junmyeon broke away from the boys, and held up a camera. “Come on, picture time!”

Soon the boys gathered in a line, Jonghyun in the middle, and beamed brightly for the camera.

Jonghyun was wearing a pristine white suit, with a bright red flower pinned to his jacket, Jongdae was in navy blue as with their youngest brother. Minseok was wearing a smart black suit, and had his hand clasped tightly in Jongdae’s as they posed for the photo.

A few more photos, and they were ready to set off. Jongdae was sorting out last minute plans in the car.

“Okay so, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are going to be at the venue when we get there, the others will be there for the reception party and Kibum hyung should already be there by now.”

Jongdae fell silent, and Jonghyun prodded him gently. “What is it?”

“Um…” Started Jongdae.

“…Dad said he can’t make it…” said Jongdae softly.

Jonghyun took Jongdae’s hand in his own and squeezed it.

“It’s okay, as long as I have my boys there, I’ll be fine.” Said Jonghyun with a smile. Jongdae smiled back.

“We’ll be fine.”         

-----------------------------------