Head Prefect Kim Minseok

Of PenPals and Cows

 --------------------------  

It was the same routine over and over again, every day. Wake up at 5am; go for a 20 minute jog, shower, breakfast and then school. Minseok was a man of routine and never broke it once.  
Today, however, his alarm did not go off, he slipped in the shower in his rush to get ready for school, he had to skip breakfast, which he hated, and on top of all that, his friends ditched him on the way, which he later found out it was because he was late and Luhan couldn’t wait any longer. (“You waited 5 minutes Han” Yixing scoffed.)  

 

Trying to fix his crooked tie, he trudged along the muddy path that led to the school. The bus only took him so far, and usually he didn’t mind walking the rest of the way but he was already late to the first day of the new year and the mud was really hindering his speed. He finally reached the school, only to find his entire year was in the hall, listening to the head teacher drone on about the new year was important and exams need to be taken seriously- Luhan may or may have not fell asleep halfway during the lecture. Quickly, opening the door, he slipped in and promptly walked into a chair, causing the sound to echo across the hall and about 100 pairs of eyes stare at him as he made his way to an empty seat- turning beet red in the process.  

 

“As I was saying, last year’s prefects have now graduated and we need new students to replace them. As you know, we had a vote across your year, last year, and we have the final results.” The head teacher announced. He read a list of names of the students who were voted in and told them to visit the prefect’s office to pick up their personalised prefects’ ties. "And now for the Head Prefects, the student body have voted for personally! It was a close one, with two of the male candidates almost at a tie!" 

 

"The school's new male Head Prefect is..." He paused, as if for dramatic effect, "Mr Minseok Kim from Class 12A! Congratulations!"  

 

Minseok stood up to make his way up to the front of the hall, head held up. He had waited for this moments for a long time now, ever since his brother had been Head Prefect. He had to get the position and he finally did, maybe now he could make his brother proud. Receiving his brand new Prefects' blazer and badge, he beamed at the crowd of students, and saw Luhan and Yixing furiously clapping away and yelling with excitement. 

 

The head teacher continued to announce the remaining head prefect and other various news they needed to know for the week and were promptly dismissed from the hall to start their first day of classes.     

Having sat through 2 boring lessons, he was definitely glad for lunch time, it was definitely his favourite lesson in the day. Twiddling his new Prefects' badge, he quickly, or tried to, made his way to the cafeteria when he bumped into someone.  

 

"Oh Kris! I didn’t see you there!" he exclaimed, looking up at the tall boy.  

 

"Congratulations Min, I was gonna say something before but I haven't been able to catch up with you recently," said Kris. 

 

"Thanks!" the boy beamed, flashing his badge, "It's pretty damn awesome isn't it?" 

 

Kris laughed, "Yeah I guess it is, I hear Junmyeon's your right hand man right? I should pay him a visit soon, I have a bone to pick with him. 

 

The two boys conversed a while, catching up on their lives and walking towards the double doors leading to the cafeteria. They stopped, allowing Minseok to pick up a cup of tea from the vending machine before pulling on the handle of the door. 

What he failed to realise, however, was another person was behind the door, 

 

which caused him to drop his cup of tea,  

 

because the door had smashed straight onto his nose, which had started to bleed profusely. 

 

He felt as if time had stopped momentarily, everything around him had slowed down, and quietened down- that was odd, the cafeteria was always loud and noisy.  

 

"Oh " was all he heard before he passed out.  

 

To: Chen 16:57 8/9/14 

everything. 

--------------------------  

Authors note: Hey! Sorry this is so late omg, I was so bust this week! T__T This is from Minseok's POV on the same day incase it confused you! I thought it'd be nice to see Minseok's POV of the incident! :) Again thank you for subscribing and upvoting!! :D