Sickening

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun kept his gaze firmly on his mate as he tilted the glass slightly, making the small human drink the cold water. He saw Jiyong's half-open eyes flutter close once more but he knew well that the boy was still awake."Good boy," he praised the younger with a smile, patting his sweaty hair."Don't worry, I will take care of you..." he added as he took the glass away.

"H..hurts so much..." Jiyong managed to croak out as he slightly turned his head up. His stomach was still burning, almost as if flames were eating away his insides, and he felt heavy and tired. Yet he knew that he couldn't sleep yet, Seunghyun had  asked him not to do so.

Feverishly, the boy looked around once he managed to open his eyes once more."H...hyunnie..." he whimpered as loosely, he managed to wrap his arms around his own stomach."Please, don't hate me."

"Stupid." Seunghyun almost growled as he bent down to swipe some wet, sweaty hair out of the boy's flushed face."I should be the one begging for your forgiveness." His voice was cold and so was his touch, but they were both tender, sweet in a way. Jiyong just smiled a little, his lips curling up just a bit. He knew that he honestly had the right to be angry but it would have been pointless.

As long as Seunghyun didn't hate him, everything was okay.

"I spoke to Dara, she said that you had probably eaten something you shouldn't have. She told me to make sure that you drink enough and that your fever doesn't go up," the wolf spoke with a faint smile as he plopped down next to his mate, taking his hand gently."You should be fine after a few days but no more heavy food for you, at least for a while."

"The hamburger had a bad taste." Jiyong whispered quietly, his whole body relaxing just from the presence of the wolf."I didn't want to make you angrier so I ate it..." he continued with a weak smile."But seems like whatever I do goes wrong..."

"No baby, you did what you thought was right," it was hard for Seunghyun to say those words as deep down, he was still convinced that he had been upset with the younger for a good reason," but what matters now is that you get better, okay? We will talk about this once you're up on your pretty little feet again."

"You're still mad." Jiyong stated, his voice cracking at the last word."You are still mad..." he repeated with a whimper when he felt the pain in his stomach get worse again.

"Maybe." Seunghyun replied with a sigh before gently laying a hand on the younger's stomach. For that, he had to remove the boy's arms that had been wrapped around his own torso, by very little force. Jiyong was so weak at the moment that it broke the wolf's heart. He felt like his mate was going to shatter any moment now.

"Where does it hurt the most, Yongie?" he asked carefully as he traced gentle patterns into the younger's clothed skin."I will make it go away until you can fall asleep, okay? Just tell me where it hurts..."

"Here," Jiyong whispered quietly as he lightly pushed Seunghyun's hand over the part that hurt the most.

The wolf couldn't help but notice how the younger's skin was beyond heated at the area once he pushed up Jiyong's T-shirt a little and started massaging it lightly, hoping that it would soothe his mate's pain."Has it ever hurt like this, baby? Or was it the food?"

Jiyong shook his head slightly as he looked away, not liking the elder's intense stare. There was something in Seunghyun's eyes that were forcing him to show his submission, to show that he felt like his mate was superior to him. He had always felt this, but now that he was sick, this weird emotion had strengthened to a level where it was actually scary.

"It hurt after I ate the food, before it had never been this bad..." he whispered."My stomach is a little sensitive to greasy things but this is the first time it had ever hurt this bad...." he was gradually getting better, Seunghyun's touch soothing his pain and his soul at the same time.

"Well, we'll have to pay attention to what you eat from now on. It could actually get worse or something..." The wolf said as he rubbed the younger's tummy, making sure not to push too strongly on it. Jiyong was still so skinny and tiny, all of his bones could be felt by the elder and it flat out terrified him. To wolves, being as humans had put it skin and bones was something almost unacceptable. It was a sign of weakness, of being a bad hunter, thus a bad parent to future pups. 

"Sure sure..." Jiyong mumbled softly bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter