Crimson

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: *deep breath* Hi guys. So I'm writing this out of impulse. I sort of have some sh*t building up in my life (partially, it's my fault), so...yeah. Please excuse me in advance (but I'm still looking forward to knowing what you think of this xD)

"I'm sorry." Dara whispered, her voice shaking."Seunghyun, I'm so sorry. But there's nothing I can do anymore." Fear was ever-present in her eyes as she put a hand on the other's shoulder."It... there must be a reason for this to happen, don't you think? People have to go through hardships until they reach their happy end."

"A happy end?" Seunghyun laughed bitterly, lightly pushing the woman away."A happy end like this? When he is lying there...lying there, unmoving? And you say you can't help? What are you? A healer or a witch?"

"I may be both and neither." Dara's reply was sharp as she glanced at the crumpled form on the couch."I'm but a wolf who practices healing. Certain cases can't be helped. No matter what you do."

"And you think that this is helping me?" The man growled lowly, his wolf echoing it threateningly."You're telling me that there is a reason for this to happen yet you're standing there, doing nothing? You want me to trust you? You want me to nod and accept it when you could do something?"

"Seunghyun..." Dara was whimpering now, looking down to express her sorrow."By the time I got here, it was too late... by the time you arrived, it was probably too late."

"But his heart is beating...he's breathing. He is moving, whimpering, whining? He just needs to wake up and heal!" Seunghyun hollered, punching the wall with earth-shaking strength.

"His heart-rate is slowing, his lungs are damaged and his whole body is crushed. He isn't awake." The healer whispered."Please... this had to happen, the gods may have thought that you are... better without him..."

"Better without him?" Seunghyun yelled. Genuine tears were flowing down his cheeks as he fell on his knees, his weakness finally showing."How the can someone be better without their mate? Do you even know what you are talking? Or are you charmed as well? Has someone taken over your actions and mind? Where has the woman who would have struggled to save anyone who just had a glimpse of hope for life disappeared? What happened to her?"

"She died." Dara laughed softly, reaching out to press her slender fingers on Jiyong's chest."She has slowly died, yet no one noticed..."

The night had fallen. No stars were on the sky as panicked wails of pups echoed in the den. Their mother wasn't waking up... They had no idea what had happened, but she was just there, never moving, never breathing.

"Help, help!" they howled in unison, jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter