Change

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong lay on his back in the bed he shared with Seunghyun, a pout present on his lips. Once again, the wolf had left him alone in their apartment. The small boy wasn't quite sure if relationships were supposed to work like this or not, but his heart hurt for his mate.

He just wished to be in the elder's arms once more and watch TV or just joke around. Was it really that much? Jiyong just didn't know anymore. 

The only thing he knew that he wanted everything to be the same.

A soft sigh escaped him as he to his stomach, wincing when he felt a twinge of pain in his middle. Despite how he had been rid of the parasite that had attacked him weeks ago, his wounds weren't healed yet. He hated how at times, out of a sudden, he would feel sick just like all those nights before... It was incredibly unnerving but it seemed like Seunghyun didn't notice.

Maybe that was what bothered the human the most. His mate, the one who was supposed to take care of him didn't see how he was suffering day and night. How he was still hurt and in need of just a bit of affection...

Jiyong just really hated this situation. But a day or two ago, an idea had formed in his mind. It was pretty risky but he had to try it. Even if he was angry at the elder, he couldn't help craving for him. So the small human was going to do something grand in hope of getting Seunghyun's attention.

Change.

The small boy bit into his lower lip, fear and hope burning in the pit of his stomach. He just hoped that everything would go as he had predicted and finally, the two of them would be one again.

Because that was what they were supposed to be and now, Jiyong knew it.

He lay restlessly on the bed, just like a child anticipating the arrival of Santa, hoping that he could just go out already and set his plan into action. But no, for that, he had to wait for his mate to come back home.

And soon, Seunghyun did. The wolf greeted the younger with a chaste kiss that lacked something Jiyong desired - although he wasn't sure about what it was - before sitting down on the bed as well.

"Seunghyun, could you please lend me some money?" Jiyong asked suddenly, his voice soft and unsure as he sat up, a faint smile playing on his pale lips."I just want to go out in the afternoon..."

"Do you?" The wolf asked back, suspicion apparent in his tone as he turned to look into the eyes of his mate that were sparkling with mischief."I can, sure, but promise to be back before sunset."

"Sure." Jiyong's reply was a grin as he fought the urge to hug the wolf. Badly, he wanted to melt in those arms that radiated safety and something else, but he knew that he couldn't do it yet. He had something else to do before that, a quest."And thanks, I'll be sure to repay it to you somehow."

"No need for it." The creature sighed as he lifted his hand slightly before letting it fall back on his knee. Desperately, he wanted to just hug his mate tightly and tell him to stay but he knew that he couldn't do it. Not now. Jiyong obviously wanted to leave, and he couldn't keep him from doing that, not after everything that had happened between the two of them."Just have fun and don't get lost. Go by a taxi, it's safer that way." The last words were cold, yet they held a meaning. 

Just hug him. His wolf growled. Seunghyun wanted to, but he felt like his arms were heavy, just like his heart. He could only watch his beautiful mate and hope that he was going to come back to him.

"I'm not a kid." Jiyong pouted a little, deep down feeling somewhat glad that his mate still cared for him."And thanks." he added before pecking Seunghyun cheek lightly."Take care..." he finished with a tiny smile as Seunghyun handed him some money. 

Not much later, he was rushing out of the apartment complex, his small chest heaving from both the pace he was moving and the pure excitement that was coursing through his veins.

He already knew where he was going, and what he was looking for. And now, he even had the money for it.

Jiyong arrived to the mall just in half an hour, a grin stretching across his face as he halted his steps for a few moments just to bask in the building's familiar presence. If there was anything that he had always loved doing, it was shopping.

And now, he was free to do it. He couldn't fight the bounce in his steps as he entered the vast building and started looking for his favorite stores, knowing well that he would find everything he needed in them. He just needed to look around.

Poverty had taught the boy one thing about shopping; how to look around and find what he really wanted for a price that was still acceptable.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter