Tied

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong drank his peach juice happily as he watched Seunghyun from the corner of his eyes. The wolf was hunched over on a small chair, mouth slightly open as he snored. His aura that had screamed danger before had disappeared and was replaced by something else that the young human couldn't quite grasp yet. But he was comfortable in the wolf's presence, that one thing was sure.

The small boy sighed as he set down his glass, glancing at the huge cake that towered over him on the nightstand. He and Seunghyun had eating a big part of it just some time ago and now he felt so safe and full that he just wanted to go back to sleep.

He couldn't though, he had to leave. As much as he liked the wolf, he knew that the two of them didn't truly belong together. They were parts of different worlds and not only because they were different creatures.

Jiyong was poor, he belonged in the small shack he called home while Seunghyun was rich with an enormous apartment and probably more money than Jiyong could ever imagine.

Thus, they should have never even crossed each others' paths. The wolf deserved someone else, someone who was rich and beautiful. Neither of those adjectives fitted the small human and he knew it very well. He had many scars and each had a horrible story. Nightmares haunted him every night as he struggled through life in hope of a better future. Maybe he would be rewarded by something in the afterlife for being so strong through everything that he had been punished with while still alive.

He could never know, could he?

The boy ran a hand through his dirty, brown hair before managing to push himself off the bed. A sudden wave of pain hit him, making him whimper quietly. Fortunately, Seunghyun only growled in his sleep, probably exhausted enough to slumber through his mate's agony.

"Thank you for everything." Jiyong whispered, his voice soft and shaky as he stumbled to the elder, cupping his face."Thank you for everything, Seunghyun..." he said once more, a couple of bitter tears running down his pale cheeks."For a few hours, you made me feel like I'm worth something..."

The human then quickly walked away from the room, legs trembling from the sudden strain: he knew that even though he had healed up quite quickly, he should have stayed in bed for at least another week but he had to leave. For Seunghyun's sake.

If he was lucky, the wolf was soon going to forget the fact that they had even met. A small part of Jiyong wished that they were truly mates and Seunghyun would go look for him but... he hightly doubted it.

Wolfs were feral creatures that despised humans for being well... alive. Humans had always been hunting them for their fur that was either as radiant as the sun or as dark as the night, something that held such a value that just by hunting down one wolf, a family would be able to live off the money they earned by it until the children were grown up. 

Needless to say, it was hard to kill a wolf.

Jiyong knew it very well... All too well, for his liking, actually.

The boy bit into his lower lip as he struggled to walk down the stairs that separated the entrance of the huge building he was in and the hall, feeling a rush of dizziness hit him. He groaned in pain, squeezing his eyes shut for a few moments. Suddenly, he heard hurried footsteps and tensed, somehow knowing who they belonged to. 

The urgent pitter-patter of feet made him try to make a run to the door, small chest heaving for air as he concentrated on running away. Once he had realized that he had to go, and not because he was scared of Seunghyun, he had been planning this.

He had been planning to leave because he couldn't stay with someone so wealthy, so powerful, so... he couldn't even define the wolf. Seunghyun was everything Jiyong wasn't and he knew it. 

Jiyong was weak and sentenced to death from either cold or starvation. And he had to serve his purpose in life, he knew it.

But why was it that when strong arms pulled him across a well-defined chest he just went limp, relaxing almost immediately? Why couldn't he even try to fight Seunghyun who was talking to him in a scolding manner, voice raised and eyes filled with disappointment?

"Seriously, I told you to stay put, you're hurt!" Seunghyun growled, but his hug was gentle and filled with warmth that Jiyong needed so much."You're my mate, do you really think that I will ever let you leave?"

"I can't be your mate..." Jiyong whispered, tears suddenly pricking at the corners of his mismatched eyes."We're too different, Seunghyun!" he wanted to scream but all that escaped him was a whisper as he felt more and more exhausted. He felt a slight pain in his side and something liquidy soaking the T-shirt he was wearing.

"!" Seunghyun cursed as the smell of iron filled his nose."Only a human is stupid enough to run around while having stitches." he continued, even though he was saying everything out of worry and not anger."You're not leaving that bed again until all of your wounds heal, am I understood?"

Jiyong nodded slightly, the loss of blood quickly dulling his senses."You smell good..." he whispered out quietly, suddenly feeling safe and warm while wrapped into tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter