Prey

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong bit into his lower lip as he shyly raised his gaze to meet his mate's: Seunghyun was standing in front of him, a big bouquet of flowers in his hands. His eyes held a teasing glint as he raised an eyebrow playfully.

"Won't you accept it?" he asked lowly, voice sending a shiver down the younger's spine.

"Of course I will.. you just haven't given anything to me in a while and it surprised me.." Jiyong's answer was sincere and soft as, his cheeks a sweet crimson as he quickly reached out to take the flowers, holding them to his chest."So beautiful.." he whispered, inhaling the sweet fragrance the roses emitted."But why?"

"I felt like it." Seunghyun chuckled softly with a shrug, his own face a little pinker than normal. He was delighted to see that he had caused his mate to be happy: it was his sole reason in life.

When Jiyong - albeit not quite on purpose - had pushed him away, something broke in him. It was like a bucket of icy water had been poured over him. Surely, he felt somewhat angry at the younger for doing something like that for no reason, but he also felt devastated.

For a wolf, their mate mattered more than anything. Seunghyun was no exception: his heart was so filled with love towards Jiyong that something he thought it was going to burst.

They had made up that day but still, Seunghyun felt the need to give his mate some space - and even more affection. He just hoped that the younger would be fine with it. 

""I love these.." Jiyong said quietly after a few moments, eyes half-shut as he clutched the roses to his chest even more. He seemed to be in his own little word before suddenly, he hugged his mate tightly, but not before setting the roses on the couch: he couldn't have them crushed, could he."Thank you.." he whispered those two words again and again, burying his nose in Seunghyun's chest.

"Everything for you, Ji." The wolf chuckled lowly and his beast agreed. Only a few days had passed since their fight and this was the first time they actually spent  time so close to each other when awake. While sleeping, their bodies refused to separate even if they did nothing just hug each other:

If one turned to the side, the other did, too. They had been in perfect sync then, and this puzzling harmony​ was present in their current state as well. They were breathing together, in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter