Wolf

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun smiled slightly as he was finally allowed to go back to his mate. Little human Jiyong was sprawled out on the bed, messy sheets already covering most of his sweaty, shivering body. Even like that, he held a certain beauty that caught the wolf's eye and made him huff a little in contentment. He was already memorizing the small mortal's features and had to admit to himself that he was quite gorgeous, more than any creature he had seen before, actually.

"Seunghyun, don't strain him for a while," the doctor said, her voice firm but her eyes full of worry."Even an immortal being would suffer greatly from wounds like this, so you can imagine the situation of a human like him." she added."I've cleaned his wounds and stitched up the biggest cut on his side along with giving him a herb that will hopefully make him sleep until the worst of the pain is over. He is sick, too, its just a cold but in this case, if not treated right, it could be lethal. You have to make sure that he doesn't move much and isn't in cold places. His fever broke some time ago but to be honest, he is in a very bad shape."

Seunghyun nodded as he bowed just a little."Thanks, Dara," he said with a tight smile."I thought of taking him to the hospital but..."

"He would be dead by then, especially if they saw that a wolf brought him in." The woman scoffed, rolling her coffee-colored eyes."Humans think they are all sly and everything but they are not."

Seunghyun just nodded, slowly sitting on the side of the bed before taking Jiyong's cold hand in his."I was lucky to find him when he was still...alive." he said softly and heard his wolf growl in agreement."It is weird to have a mate."

"Well surely it is." The doctor laughed softly as she nodded, lightly ruffling the unconscious human's hair."He is quite eye-catching, honestly. I just hope that he will understand that you two belong to different words for now."

"I think he will. He probably already knows that I'm different from him." Seunghyun said with a soft sigh as he rubbed soothing circles into the younger's palm, wanting desperately to warm him up his a little."It happened very quickly, you know. Like... one moment I was arguing with my wolf over how he couldn't be my mate and suddenly Jiyong was sick which made me realize that he was. I had never been this worried."

Had Dara not been his childhood friend, he wouldn't have told her so much about how he had found Jiyong. But Seunghyun trusted her with his life and more, they just knew each other well enough to know that they wouldn't be betrayed by the other. His parents had even tried telling him that maybe she was his mate once, but even at that time he knew that she wasn't.

She was strong and pretty, a fierce wolf with an amazing healing ability but nothing more than a friend to Seunghyun. 

"Don't worry about him, he's going to recover." Dare said quietly even if she bit into his lower lip, obviously nervous about something."I just hope that you're not going to let him go back to where he came from. Seunghyun, he has many bruises and cuts... and a lot of them aren't new. He had been hurt before, and not once."

"He is never going to leave my sight." Seunghyun said with a low growl."Never."

Honestly, had the small boy not been on the verge of slipping away from his injuries, Seunghyun wouldn't even have let his friend get close to Jiyong. He wanted to keep the fragile human to himself from now on but the sane part of his brain had screamed at him, saying that Dara had to treat the boy. And luckily, she managed to save him.

"Wow, possessive much?" Dara joked before standing up, running a hand through her long, dark hair."I have to go now, I have other patients to check up on. Seriously, pups are so careless these days... They were playing tag in the woods and one of them managed to get caught in a trap. Poor thing's leg could be saved but he is quite hurt and well, shaken up."

"It's not only their fault, you know. The forest is the pack's property, isn't it?" Seunghyun responded with a sigh."Humans just love to do whatever to get rid of us. Like creatures existing harms them that much."

"Of course it doesn't, but they are humans, what can we expect from them?" The woman sighed before hugging Seunghyun briefly."Take care of him and if anything happens, just call me." she said before leaving, worry still present in her warm eyes.

"Guess you won't wake up for some time, will you?" Seunghyun asked quietly, feeling lost suddenly. He knew that he cared for his mate and that he was happy that Jiyong was safe but this just wasn't him.

Choi Seunghyun was a ruthless killer, not a lapdog who would stand guard by a human's side just because he had been told to do so.

But it's our mate. We are the ones who have to take care of him and not someone else. He's just...different.

His wolf side reasoned and Seunghyun had to growl a little, knowing well that his animalistic part was right. It just felt weird to be so close to a human and wish for him to wake up already. He just wanted to cater to all of the boy's needs and the mere fact was terrifying. 

Still, just a look into those gorgeous eyes of Jiyong would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter