Shattered

Unequivocal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun glanced at the creature's broken form on the floor. It still had Dara's hair, but its eyes were already a soulless, dark black. It was withering away slowly, letting its vessels true soul back to where it belonged.

"She's going to kill me for this." he said with a small, bitter chuckle. He pulled up the small, shivering form, trying his hardest not to remember what he had done.

To crush a shifter's soul was the only way to remove it from its body, let it be the one it has been born into, or one that it had borrowed.

Doing it was a task no one wished to do. It was beyond disgusting, even if it required no movements, not one ounce of strength. Souls were frail little bunches of energy, gathering under every person's heart. 

They were very delicate, but hard to reach. It seemed like each muscle, every single droplet of blood worked to protect it. Like a mother embraced her child, the owner's bones hugged their souls, desperately trying to protect them.

Because what happened if they didn't?

Seunghyun shook his head, letting himself look at Dara once more. She was already waking up, eyes fluttering open slowly as shock and fear crept onto her face. It was very obvious that she had finally realized what had happened.

The thing about souls that wandered from body to body were how they had the ability to - for a short time only - push back the owner's real soul into the depth of their beings. Seunghyun had seen it happen and he was sure about one thing: 

It was almost as cruel as when the soul was painfully removed from its vessel, its home. 

"We have to save him!" Dara said suddenly, voice sweet and soulful, back to normal. Her body was trembling lightly, having seen everything even though she had been held back by what seemed like a pair of iron hands.

"What are you going to do with him?" She asked softly, referring to the shifter that still lay sprawled out on the floor, pale unmoving. Only one thing had shown that his soul had been broken: his hair, eyes, lips... they had no color.

They were as white as the purest snow in the winter, the one that even those who hate the season enjoy seeing. Even from where she was, near Jiyong's bedside, she could clearly feel just how could the body was.

The soul of a creature was what gave it its warm. Let them be humans or demons, wolves or shifters. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter